Hacking A new card from EZ Flash in 2018?

Mrteacher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno, My Reform lasted me 4 months before it died on me, I just get a white screen, no longer works. Really bad design on these things, would get stuck in my SP all the time. I'd feel really silly giving them another 55 bucks of my hard earned money.

EZ-Flash2

Official EZ-FLASH Stuff
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I dunno, My Reform lasted me 4 months before it died on me, I just get a white screen, no longer works. Really bad design on these things, would get stuck in my SP all the time. I'd feel really silly giving them another 55 bucks of my hard earned money.

Our product have one year hardware warranty from purchase time,if your card is dead, please contact your dealer for a replacement instead post everywhere. or you just want to damage our reputation.

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Our product have one year hardware warranty from purchase time,if your card is dead, please contact your dealer for a replacement instead post everywhere. or you just want to damage our reputation.
Or maybe don't produce trashy cards in the first place.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Or maybe don't produce trashy cards in the first place.
But production problems can happen everywhere and many big devices are faulty on release. Look at iphones that loose their paint, o3DS consoles with crushed screens and broken circle pads, switches with connectivity problems etc.

Reactions: Mark2333

IceSmash2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this one of those cards that can play NDS games through slot-2?
Slot 1 Is for DS Carts

Slot 2 is for GBA

You can't play NDS though slot 2 but you can play GBA games though slot 1.

You can run GBA games from slot 1
I recommend TTDS aka: DSTT it's at $10 currently super cheap & Effective platform just drag & drop your ROMs/kernel. (I even themed mine)

If you need more help I'm super active on Reddit "IceSmash1"

I can't post links yet because I'm a new member but you can pm me for the links.

Last edited by IceSmash2,

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But production problems can happen everywhere and many big devices are faulty on release. Look at iphones that loose their paint, o3DS consoles with crushed screens and broken circle pads, switches with connectivity problems etc.
All EZ Flash devices are known to burn out quickly, whether because of garbage hardware quality, or complete lack of promised support ie EZ Flash Redux.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Slot 1 Is for DS Carts

Slot 2 is for GBA

It's possible to Launch ds Games with older slot-2 cards If you have flashme/a passme/ nopass device. Some slot-2 cards don't even support GBA Games.

All EZ Flash devices are known to burn out quickly, whether because of garbage hardware quality, or complete lack of promised support ie EZ Flash Redux.
That might be true for some of their current products but complains about their slot-2 products are pretty rare.

Reactions: DarthDub

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Slot 1 Is for DS Carts

Slot 2 is for GBA

What? No. You've got it all backwards.

Using a Passme device or Flashme firmware on a Nintendo DS Phat/Lite you could play both DS and GBA games from slot 2. However, compatibility for DS games was always a bit lacking so not all games would work.

However, you will never natively play a GBA game from slot 1. Emulation exists, but it's slow and only gives limited results.

Reactions: DarthDub

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Slot 1 Is for DS Carts

Slot 2 is for GBA

I recommend TTDS aka: DSTT it's at $10 currently super cheap & Effective platform just drag & drop your ROMs/kernel. (I even themed mine)

If you need more help I'm super active on Reddit "IceSmash1"

I can't post links yet because I'm a new member but you can pm me for the links.

Nonsense, I was playing NDS games on a GBA slot cart (the M3 Perfect) before slot 1 flash carts like the R4 or TTDS even existed. Back in the day to run DS roms at all you needed to obtain a device called a Passme which used a supported DS game and hijacked the boot process to redirect it to the GBA slot. Then you could run DS games or homebrew from a GBA slot flash cart. Of course, the first thing most people did was to install Flashme, a primitive CFW for the NDS that provided a simple recovery mode and most importantly the ability to boot NDS software from the GBA slot without needing a bulky passthrough device.

Of course, then the Slot 1 encryption was broken making the first "drag and drop"/"plug and play" DS flash carts a reality which was a very big deal at the time. No more waiting for updated cart firmware/patches every time a new game came out that used a different SDK version. No more loading speed issues or having to do the "Castlevania test" (run Castlevania DoS and let the intro movie play, if it plays without any issues or only minor slowdowns/skipping then you are good) to see if your SD card would work well enough. And yes, I still have both my M3 carts. One is the size of a GBC game and the other is just a bit larger than a GBA game. Both can run DS games from the GBA slot and both use full sized SD cards.

Last edited by nl255,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: One of my friends wants to do a pc wall build I'm like but you constantly complain about roaches lol