Hacking A lot of Backup Loaders + Hacking issues

whitehatryan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I finally got new cables for my wii and I wanted to run Black Ops from a USB loader. Around 2ish years ago I ran it from a DVD-R on uLoader which worked fine aside from load times, but my dvd drive mysteriously died over the two years, plus I dont have any blank DVD-R's anymore.

Then I ran into a whole host of problems and basically here's a summary of what happened:

• Installed a bunch of cIOS's, including the ones with base 57 and stuff that you need to run blops
  • Tried WiiFlow, various Cfg usb loaders, even uLoader, USB loader gx
  • all of them had the same result in the sense that when I started the multiplayer portion of blops, the "Loading..." froze and had no ellipses behind it
  • Figured I might need to re-accept the latest shop channel agreement, after all I hadnt launched it in 2 years
  • Updated to the latest hackmii installer (did not re-do bootmii, just HBC)
Nothing was affected other then some cIOS's that prevent every backup loader except WiiFlow from running, I think. Also not entirely related but of note: I have my friend's black wii for the weekend and since his was a virgin wii I tried doing the same steps, and it worked, EXCEPT when I accepted the multilplayer update, which seemingly broke USB loading. (he wanted his wii modded, other games like mkwii and nsmb wii work so I know its a game specific issue)

So, what should I do? Any advice? There was one tool I think that showed what you had installed on your wii but I can't remember what it is. I could probably post that.

Oh, and: I must be able to run Blops from SD and Homebrew from USB. or Homebrew from SD. (I haven't tried formatting the SD as ntfs yet, used backup manager but it didnt find the wbfs folder so I formatted as WBFS)

Thanks for any help!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The application you want is syscheck (look in my signature for a link).

I guess updating eshop/accepting the game's update could have replaced your cIOS.
Wiiflow "launch" without cIOS, but games will not work.

post your syscheck result to see if the cIOS are fine or need reinstall.

You have have the apps/ folder either on SD or USB. (press 1 or 2 in HBC to select the device to display).
Games works with all USBLoaders when placed in USB, and some loaders only when placed in SD. (USBLoaderGX doesn't work with Wii games on SD).

WBFS partition format is not recommended, old games can be corrupted when adding/removing games.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ah, it happens :(
You can shutdown the Wii.
You will not have the full log then, and can't see which version of cIOS you have.

I suggest you just reinstall the 2 common cIOS, using Modmii or d2x cIOS installer.

You need this:
in slot 249 : d2x v8 based on IOS 56
in slot 250 : d2x v8 based on IOS 57

instead of v8, you can also use v10 or v10-alt (but v8 is fine and has sometime better HDD compatibility).

whitehatryan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used the version of syschecks in your signature, and they both work but they seem to not have generated a report on the root of my sd card.

EDIT: viewed the report manually and took a few pictures (sorry they're so huge!):

5MlM8.png

5MlNU.png

5MlPL.png

5MlQQ.png

5MlRF.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu: i have an issue with loading games on usb with usbloadergx on vwii. Is there anyone that can...