Status
Not open for further replies.

F417H

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys,

I'm about to flash my GW from 2.0b1 to 2.0b2 and I have some n00b questions... Sorry if these have been answered in different areas but keeping it all in one place will be easier for me to process.

- Can saves be copied from the games I've played on 2.0b1 thus far?

- Is flashing just a case of repeating the whole setup process for 2.0b1?

- Will I need to back up my NAND again? (I have a backup from when I first set up the GW on 2.01b)

- Does EmuNAND have any additional risks to potential brick? Is EmuNAND worth playing with at this point?

Wish me luck, I'll begin the process when I have a clearer idea of the update process.. Once done i'll begin testing the system and games like ZeldaALBW.
Thanks in advance.

F417H

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well that's just it, by flashing a new launcher.dat do I stand to lose my saves etc from games already played?

Danny350

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All you have to do is replace the 2.0b1 launcher with the 2.0b2 launcher. Your saves will still work and be fine. You do not need to backup your NAND again as long as you already have a 4.1-4.5 backup of it. I can't answer the extra risk of being bricked because EmuNAND, I don't know if that is the case or not.

F417H

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So the GW_INSTALLER.nds for the Blue Card won't be required for updating? JUST have to change the launcher?

F417H

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Again gotta point you here, its a PERFECT thread for these silly questions of your
http://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-noob-paradise-ask-questions-here.359035

And stop bullshitting with this science crap you are not the only one who is on 2.0b2.

+1 for the link, -1 for being an asshole. People are scared of using GW at the moment, if its 'safe' to upgrade we're gonna have to get over fears etc and it'll take a few people to document it and ask n00b questions to have faith in the devs restored. I back GW and their work, I've been going through this process and its all very exciting and emotional.
Never said I was the first to install 2.0b2 throughout all this, but thanks for dropping by

dagro

Trophies
XP
Country
+1 for the link, -1 for being an asshole. People are scared of using GW at the moment, if its 'safe' to upgrade we're gonna have to get over fears etc and it'll take a few people to document it and ask n00b questions to have faith in the devs restored. I back GW and their work, I've been going through this process and its all very exciting and emotional.
Never said I was the first to install 2.0b2 throughout all this, but thanks for dropping by
Wouldve been kinder if you werent stupid enough to read basic instructions even provided on official gateway website of how to change firmware. Also it is already mentioned yes there is possible code that could dmg your system (which is fixable now) so if you are unable to follow simple steps of changing firmware you shouldn't make a thread saying I will document all the features etc.

Instead of making threads about every little thing why not read up some pages it will most likely answer all your questions.

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@OP: Are you seriously calling copying a file onto a SD card "flashing"? Do you even know what flashing means? (I'm talking about our kind of flashing, not the showing-your-tits-kind of flashing)

Reactions: dagro

F417H

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
@OP: Are you seriously calling copying a file onto a SD card "flashing"? Do you even know what flashing means? (I'm talking about our kind of flashing, not the showing-your-tits-kind of flashing)

You're right I'm a n00b - Yes I know there is a difference between flashing and shifting stuff about between media lol

JMa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Umhh.. taking into account that a SD or microSD card has a flash memory inside... maybe it's not so wrong "flashing" xD

Reactions: gamesquest1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I will continue to ask what ever I feel like asking. lol
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    not the type of thing I would do
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @NinStar, most of my exp comes from my reaction score and threads posted
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I mean, I've never seen a message on a thread with more than 30 reactions at max
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just be a mod, insta likes for xp
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    and based on the table reactions only give 1 xp
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    And insta fear from your enemies
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @NinStar, i always posted on the eof meme threads
    xp is arbitrary anyway
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just like the like system people think it matters
    likes got introduced like years after I joined
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still feel as if they take away conversation
    post anything dumb, people will like it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eggs
    perhaps the rag tag team of idiots isn't awake yet...
  • OfficialGamer @ OfficialGamer:
    When I remake my Wii system menu theme I'm gonna publish it to GBAtemp for people to have it if they want to idk I'm bored
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or busy humping each other
    digital circle jerk
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Zoom dcj
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sir please stop wanking during this meeting
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies