A guy is bringing his 3.3E Wii to me for updating...

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Shinigami Kiba, Mar 27, 2010.

1. Shinigami Kiba
    OP

Member Shinigami Kiba GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
    Sorry guys, I know I ask this every once in a while, until now I'd usually ask about how to do it offline, but now that I have a wireless router I can update and everything online.

A friend wants to bring his softmodded 3.3E Wii over so I can update it to 4.2 and install I guess pre-loader or whatever is used now instead of preloader for all region wiiware and such.

This guide
    http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/ha...-guide/updating
    as guides are often to me seems a tad confusing, sorry, it seems to cover the offline aspect of updating which I'd do until now, but now that I have wireless and the Wii works with it fine, at least mine does, is there a simple, more straightforward method to safely update to 4.2E or should I just follow that guide word to word?

Another question, I use whatever pre-loader was the latest and safest when the first bootmii came out, hell I even still use the very first bootmii beta since it does what I need it to do and I haven't had any problems with it.

Should I just install that pre-loader version on my friends wii as well after the update or is there something new now? btw he can't have bootmii on boot2 or was it 1 like I can his system is newer.

thanks in advance, and again sorry for asking stuff like this, I know you're all tired of it.

2. ephumuris

Newcomer ephumuris Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    I just use Pimp My Wii and it updates to 4.1 safely. Not sure what benefit 4.2 has over 4.1 if any at all.

3. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    Well, it doesn't make much difference
    If you'd use an online guide, it would simply download the same files, just through your WiFi [​IMG]

You can also do an official update and rehack it (first install the newest HBC so it won't be removed by the update)

4. ecw

Member ecw GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I agree with ephumuris. Just use Pimp my Wii. It's the easiest way to go to 4.1. Then install BootMii as a IOS and either Preloader or Priiloader if you want extra protection.

5. Bumpman

Member Bumpman GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Do an official nintendo update and re-softmod

6. urherenow

Member urherenow GBAtemp Addict

United States
    again... another post that has a solution in the VERY FIRST POST IN THIS FORUM

Look at the sticky.. read it... love it

kusfraba

7. smf

Member smf GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Even that is not a problem, you can re-install hbc afterwards. You have to reinstall bootmii anyway.

8. Digital1980

Member Digital1980 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    are you getting paid?