Hacking A guy is bringing his 3.3E Wii to me for updating...

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
Sorry guys, I know I ask this every once in a while, until now I'd usually ask about how to do it offline, but now that I have a wireless router I can update and everything online.

A friend wants to bring his softmodded 3.3E Wii over so I can update it to 4.2 and install I guess pre-loader or whatever is used now instead of preloader for all region wiiware and such.

This guide
http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/ha...-guide/updating
as guides are often to me seems a tad confusing, sorry, it seems to cover the offline aspect of updating which I'd do until now, but now that I have wireless and the Wii works with it fine, at least mine does, is there a simple, more straightforward method to safely update to 4.2E or should I just follow that guide word to word?

Another question, I use whatever pre-loader was the latest and safest when the first bootmii came out, hell I even still use the very first bootmii beta since it does what I need it to do and I haven't had any problems with it.

Should I just install that pre-loader version on my friends wii as well after the update or is there something new now? btw he can't have bootmii on boot2 or was it 1 like I can his system is newer.

thanks in advance, and again sorry for asking stuff like this, I know you're all tired of it.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Well, it doesn't make much difference
If you'd use an online guide, it would simply download the same files, just through your WiFi
tongue.gif

You can also do an official update and rehack it (first install the newest HBC so it won't be removed by the update)

ecw

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree with ephumuris. Just use Pimp my Wii. It's the easiest way to go to 4.1. Then install BootMii as a IOS and either Preloader or Priiloader if you want extra protection.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
again... another post that has a solution in the VERY FIRST POST IN THIS FORUM

Look at the sticky.. read it... love it

kusfraba

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
tj_cool said:
You can also do an official update and rehack it (first install the newest HBC so it won't be removed by the update)

Even that is not a problem, you can re-install hbc afterwards. You have to reinstall bootmii anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol +1