Hacking A Few questions with installation of games on HDD and SD Cards..

Sivelki De Ante

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
So first of all, i'm pretty much a noob in all this topics, so sorry if anything of this offends you.

I've been reading some of the threads here, and I've seen that Dimok has managed to get FAT32 drives working on the Wii U natively on Mocha (https://gbatemp.net/threads/mocha-cfw-the-sweet-chocolate-to-your-latte.452940/page-30#post-6963343).

Was there any progress on this in all this time? Like, is it now possible o install games via WUP installer on a fat32 external hdd? Is it possible to use that same hdd for storing wii games and use them on vWii?

Another question. Is it possible to install games on an sd card via WUP installer? If so, does it need to be a specific type of card? Any gb size limit? And again, does that card need to be in a specific format?

That's it. Thanks for help.

D

Deleted User

1. No progress and also pointing out that it was an unofficial fork of Mocha F32
2. Nope. SDCard is only used to grab installation files from 'install' folder. Wii U probably doesn't support installing games to SDCard, and if it did, it would already kill a dozen of SDCards.

Reactions: Sivelki De Ante
D

Deleted User

So basically it's impossible to have Wii U games installed on an hdd and use that same hdd for vWii games?
It /kinda/ is but Mocha FAT32 uses Wii U internal drivers and that means it's even more slower than Loadiine itself and unreliable in most times.
Either wait till something revolutionary happens or just format your HDD to Wii U format.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Was there any progress on this in all this time? Like, is it now possible o install games via WUP installer on a fat32 external hdd?
No, or at least not publicly (Dimok tends to upload source infrequently in blocks)

Is it possible to use that same hdd for storing wii games and use them on vWii?
This is already possible with the current Mocha 0.3 (but it's annoying: you must install games to internal storage or a WFS external drive, then copy the contents to SD/PC, then to the FAT32 drive)

A smarter option is moving Vwii backups to SD instead (but only one usb loader supports this)

Another question. Is it possible to install games on an sd card via WUP installer?
Not now (wfs-sd would need the same effort of getting fat32-usb to work) and probably never (the random read and writes aren't really good for low-grade flash memory as in usb sticks and cards, plus they're on average more expensive per GB)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I compiled the latest mocha to test out fat32 support. it can see right through ustealth, so only have one hdd plugged in at a time anyway. everything has pretty much been covered. :P

Sivelki De Ante

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Guess I'll buy an HDD exclusively for my Wii U games then.. Are all external hdds compatible with Wii U? I've read several times that you need an y-cable, but why?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a y cable is for unpowered hdds. the wii u's usb ports don't give off enough power. most hdds should be compatible, but I think there's a list for that on Nintendo's website.

Reactions: Sivelki De Ante

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.