A few questions about the Acekard

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Briankealing, Nov 25, 2008.

?

Should I buy the Acekard? (read post first)

1. YES! It's not buggy, reliable, and the best flashkart out there.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes. It's buggy, but has very reliable support.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No. It has tons of bugs and their support sucks.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. NO. This card sucks, and screws up your DS. Do not buy!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Nov 25, 2008
  1. Briankealing
    OP

Member Briankealing GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Hello! (This post might be a bit long, but please read the entire thing)

I found this forum might help me a bit. Yes, I am a N00b at flashcarts (is that what they call them?) and I've done a bit of research. I've looked at the R4 but found that their factory has shut down and there's a whole bunch of clones and crap moving around. I wanted to buy an R4 but because of all the clones and crap, I was afraid of getting a fake. I decided to look at some other options and found that the Acekard seemed to be the best, cheap, flashkart out there.

After a bit more research, I found that apparently there was many "FAT ERRORS" and "WHITESCREENS" and other junk that happens with the Acekard. With a bit of browsing, apparently the 2.1 edition corrects not one, but all these errors? (correct me if needed)

A few other things. Assuming that the Acekard 2.1 does correct all the screwups from 2.0, does DealExtreme currently sell 2.1 editions? Apparently the picture is the 2.1 version but I'm not too sure.

Is this the 2.1 edition? http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.16142
    Or is this the correct version? http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11811

I'm thinking the latter is the 2.0 version and the first one the 2.1 version, please correct me if needed.

Also, will the Acekard brick my DS like the R4 did to fake R4 owners? My parents WILL NOT buy me another DS if the Acekard breaks it.

So is the Acekard something I should buy? I've read a little around the forums and apparently I've learned a few things. Do correct me if wrong.
    -Their support is VERY nice [​IMG]
    -DealExtreme support is also very nice [​IMG]
    -2.1 is not buggy like 2.0
    -Acekard will last long if I'm careful (I am, I don't drop things and I'll see if I can superglue it or something so it doesn't break).

Thanks for reading and helping me out!

A few notes:

2. DaMummy

Member DaMummy GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    read my quote in sig, and it should explain all

3. DaMummy

Member DaMummy GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Yes its not buggy and its the best value flashcart out there!! Cyclo, SuperCard1, and my fav Acekard RPG are better, but way pricier

4. Briankealing
    OP

Member Briankealing GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Read the post, that should explain all.
    Lol.

Thanks, I'm thinking of buying the Acekard soon. [​IMG]