Tutorial  Updated

A definitive way to test if your Switch is patched or not (purchases after 07-2018)

This tutorial uses TegraRCM command line to send payloads to RCM enabled Switch.
Command line is used since it offers a more detailed explanation on what is going on.
So it is a definitive way to confirm if your Switch is patched or not without further questions.
This tutorial does not make any modification to your Switch console.

Requirement:

No Micro SD Card is required.
1. Any way of entering Recovery Mode. Please read here, https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-ultimate-list-of-mods-to-enter-rcm.502145/
2. biskeydump.bin payload(please get the latest version, as of 30th July 2019, the latest version is V9), can be downloaded from https://switchtools.sshnuke.net/
3. TegraRcm GUI, can be downloaded from https://github.com/eliboa/TegraRcmGUI/releases
4. USB C to USB A cable
5. A PC with USB port (Sorry I don't have Mac so I could not cover this area)

Step-by-Step (in total 7 steps):
1. put in your RCM Jig on the right joy con rail. Press and hold Vol+ then press the power button.
You should see a black/blank screen after you press the power button.
If you see a Nintendo logo, you can power off your console and try to adjust your RCM Jig position.

2. To install APX driver
2.1 Launch TegraRcm GUI, go to Settings tab, click on "Install Driver" button.
2-1-1.jpg

Confirm the driver installation.
2-1-2.jpg

2.2 For those having problems installing APX driver :
Install and launch Zadig. Plug your Switch in RCM mode, then select Options > List All Devices.
Select the APX device and check which driver is installed for this specific device. If libusbK is not the current driver, install it.
zadig.png
(This step is copied from https://gbatemp.net/threads/tegrarcmgui-simple-gui-for-tegrarcmsmash.503510/)

3. Plug in USB cable from your PC to Switch(in RCM).
Open TegraRcm GUI and you should see this window with "RCM OK".
3.jpg

Alternatively, you can use Device Manager to confirm if the APX device is recognized.
3-2.jpg

Now you can close the TegraRcm GUI application.

4. Copy biskeydump.bin to the TegraRcm GUI folder.
4-1.jpg

5. Open a command line and go to the TegraRcm GUI folder.
4.jpg

6. Run this on the command line
Code:
TegraRcmSmash.exe -w biskeydump.bin BOOT:0x0

7. Check the result
7.1 Switch accepts and executes payload, which mean your Switch is not patched.
Please refer to 0X7000
working.png

You will also see QR code on your Switch screen.

7.2 Switch accepts but does not executes payload, which means your Switch is patched.
Please refer to 0X0000
not-working.png

Last edited by gnilwob, , Reason: update biskeydump version

Felps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I guess i posted this message on the wrong post:

Guys, I tried every step, and I can't go into the CFW.

At first, I got only a black screen, so i retried.
Second time, i got the ReiNX screen, but after, a black screen and nothing else.
So i tried again, waited a long time, and it started, on the normal screen of switch, with nothing on the album.

I've used the method of this post: a-definitive-way-to-test-if-your-switch-is-patched-or-not-purchases-after-07-2018.512018/ to know if my Switch is patched, and it returned the "Smashed the stack with a 0x7000 byte SETUP request!", it means its not patched right?

PS: Mine is XAW10075xxxxx

So i formated my SD on several Allocated Sizes, exFAT, FAT32, and nothing works. What am i doing wrong?

Last edited by Felps,

Felps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I guess i posted this message on the wrong post:

Guys, I tried every step, and I can't go into the CFW.

At first, I got only a black screen, so i retried.
Second time, i got the ReiNX screen, but after, a black screen and nothing else.
So i tried again, waited a long time, and it started, on the normal screen of switch, with nothing on the album.

I've used the method of this post: a-definitive-way-to-test-if-your-switch-is-patched-or-not-purchases-after-07-2018.512018/ to know if my Switch is patched, and it returned the "Smashed the stack with a 0x7000 byte SETUP request!", it means its not patched right?

PS: Mine is XAW10075xxxxx

So i formated my SD on several Allocated Sizes, exFAT, FAT32, and nothing works. What am i doing wrong?

I've figured out what it is!

When i looked on google about updates, it said it was safe to update for the last version of Switch (6.2.0). But i had to update the "support" for exFAT also, so then the Switch can access the files on the MicroSD.

Cheers!

Reactions: RichKK

RichKK

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I got 0x7000 but when I inject payload the menu wont load on my switch.

Is your sd card correctly formatted and compatible with your Switch? (i.e. exFAT/FAT32)
Are you using the very latest CFW files?
What are you using to inject the payload?

ian611

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
New to this what I did was made sure that my usb showed the driver was detected and checked in TegraRC if it turned green then I did cmd prompt..it should show you 0x0000 if patched. Happened to me try that first.

Manamanam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a safe to hack switch - from ebay but good as new. (checked serial is safe and have rcm on its way in the post)

My son set it up switch and the last person's data was still on it, so he returned to factory settings but this forced an update to 6.2 (can't undo what has already been done)

What does this stop me from doing? If anything?
It was originally a 3.0.2 version firmware.

Can I still load cfw and homebrew and backups of our games?

(this is switch number 2 in our household and I'm not buying two of the same game - switch number 1 is patched)

fodder

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

I have a safe to hack switch - from ebay but good as new. (checked serial is safe and have rcm on its way in the post)

My son set it up switch and the last person's data was still on it, so he returned to factory settings but this forced an update to 6.2 (can't undo what has already been done)

What does this stop me from doing? If anything?
It was originally a 3.0.2 version firmware.

Can I still load cfw and homebrew and backups of our games?

(this is switch number 2 in our household and I'm not buying two of the same game - switch number 1 is patched)
all it stops you from doing is using deja vu which is really only helpful if your system is unpatched, and on a lower firmware. so no, you lose no functionality that you already have.

ian611

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
all it stops you from doing is using deja vu which is really only helpful if your system is unpatched, and on a lower firmware. so no, you lose no functionality that you already have.

Sorry maybe I misinterpreting, if I update an unpatched unit to 5.1.0 from 4.1..can I go back to 4.1.0 to get Dejavu? If it does get released

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry maybe I misinterpreting, if I update an unpatched unit to 5.1.0 from 4.1..can I go back to 4.1.0 to get Dejavu? If it does get released
You can, but you'll need to update unofficially with choidujourNX, and you'll also have to use autoRCM to prevent fuse burning. Come to think of it, you can't update officially to 5.1.0, anyway, so you were probably aware of this fact.

ian611

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can, but you'll need to update unofficially with choidujourNX, and you'll also have to use autoRCM to prevent fuse burning. Come to think of it, you can't update officially to 5.1.0, anyway, so you were probably aware of this fact.

So what you are saying is that I can update to 5.1. With CNX and then if there if déjà vu is out go back to 4.1.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So what you are saying is that I can update to 5.1. With CNX and then if there if déjà vu is out go back to 4.1.
Yep, exactly. You just make your complete NAND dump first, and store it somewhere safe. Label it NAND Dump 4.1. Then update with choidujourNX and do not burn fuses. Restore the NAND to 4.1 whenever you're ready to do so.

ian611

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yep, exactly. You just make your complete NAND dump first, and store it somewhere safe. Label it NAND Dump 4.1. Then update with choidujourNX and do not burn fuses. Restore the NAND to 4.1 whenever you're ready to do so.

Thanks for explaining this to me.

beleami

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys, I've been following this thread for a couple of weeks. I have a 4.1 Switch and I just tested it and it's patched. Is there anything...at all that can be done to run hacked games. Are there any developers who's website/forums I should follow for updates? Any help is appreciated.

ian611

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Thanks for the assist..

Manamanam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So, I have my RCM jig, but no idea what to do now. what do I need to run atmosphere or whatever cfw is best now?

Benny2222

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
got the "Smashed the stack with a 0x0000 byte SETUP request!" i assume this method is still relevant at the date of my post here and that i should simply be patient for a future exploit if i want to run homebrew on this new switch?

Last edited by Benny2222,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/sGvT5FKSiyk?si=TYqsdjjbF-4N8Xc8