Hacking A-DATA 4GB SDHC w/AceKard OS unrecognized by CPU, twitchy on DS Lite

abaddon41_80

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VatoLoco said:
My AData botched up on me (using the AK micro-reader) and wouldnt go past the loading sceen on AK2. My PC wouldnt let me access the SD. What I did was (using my R4 micro-reader) format it through command promp: start, run, CMD, format J: /FS:FAT32. Then I formatted again with the 'PanasonicSDFormatter' http://panasonic.jp/support/audio/sd/downl...p/sdfv2003.exe) and reloaded all my files. It took way longer to format the first time than it should have, but it worked for me.Luckly I made a backup 4 days ago
rolleyes.gif

That exact same thing just happened to me this morning with my almost brand new A-Data 4 GB class 6. Your way seemed to fix it and luckily I save everything from my microSD to my CPU every couple of days but I switching back to my Sandisk 2GB because it has always been reliable for me and I don't need the extra space anyway

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I've had similar problems with the microSD card-reader that came with my Scds1. When it broke last summer I decided to go for the Kingston MobileLite 9-in-1 and so far it's been working perfectly, no problems at all. I've never had a chance to try it with an A-Data 4GB class 6 because I couldn't find one in Sweden, but I've used it with at least 8 different kinds of microSD's and microSDHC's.

I myself has had too much problems with SanDisk products so I try to avoid them as much as possible nowadays.

Fidgeteer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for that, Minox_IX -- you've just confirmed my decision. I'll order the 9-in-1 and tell you how it goes.

Layzieyez: I agree with you -- I'd rather not know how many problems that person has created by doing everything backwards. I originally posted a joke about it but edited it out later because I didn't want to sound too insulting.

Fidgeteer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update for Minox_IX:

The MobileLite 9-in-1 arrived a few days ago and I've been using it continuously since then. Not once has the A-Data disconnected unexpectedly, nor has my computer had any trouble recognizing it. This is the most reliable the A-Data has ever been.

If I'm lucky, the Kingston will continue to be reliable, proving the USB reader was the problem. If so, future A-Data/Mac Laptop users will be able to avoid intermittent connections entirely.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, hi