a crazy idea

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by jaygee, Jan 11, 2008.

1. jaygee
    OP

jaygee Member

Newcomer
    Oct 17, 2006
    United States
    Maine
    someone could create a homebrew app that requires the arm7 fix that way we would have a valid reason to ask for an auto patcher in the DSX.

2. Sinkhead

Sinkhead yay p1ngpong.

Former Staff
    Nov 22, 2006
    Across the pond
    The staff won't fix it even if someone does manage to create homebrew that uses it. They just ask for source code so they can fix it do it works without the fix...

I very much doubt there will ever be another update.

3. diglett

diglett GBAtemp Regular

Nov 27, 2006
    United States
    This has been brought up before, but isn't worth trying.

The DS-X people may claim a desire not to support piracy, but really this is an excuse for their inability to support their product. I would guess the original designer is long gone.

4. throwingks

throwingks Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 10, 2006
    United States
    sinkhead, you misunderstood his question.

He is saying since Team DS-X doesn't allow Commercial Rom talk on their forums. No one can ever post that they want an Arm7 fix. If there were a homebrew application that utilizes Arm7, asking for a firmware update to support it, would not be against their rules.

5. Sinkhead

Sinkhead yay p1ngpong.

Former Staff
    Nov 22, 2006
    Across the pond
    And I'm saying that it's pointless because the DS-X team will never release an update even with a valid reason. If homebrew doesn't work on the DS-X they ask for the source code so they can fix it.

I'm not trying to be nasty, that's just the way it is [​IMG]

6. diglett

diglett GBAtemp Regular

Nov 27, 2006
    United States
    It's perfectly clear that they designed the cart to play commercial roms, and they are surely aware that they should have fixed quite a lot of things long ago.

Their behavior on the forums is an effort to save face. There will probably never be another update.

7. arctic_flame

arctic_flame GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan

Nov 4, 2006
    England land
    Unfortunately, homebrew doesn't use the standard ARM7 that all software produced by Nintendo's devkits use.

8. throwingks

throwingks Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 10, 2006
    United States
    I know, I agree [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. MrSpud

MrSpud GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2008
    Canada
    Barrie,Ontario,Canada

We have many valid reasons already, a technicality won't change anything. I like your idea but since they don't give a (bad word), it's pointless. I like your naive, positive attitude, I used to be that way.

10. hankchill

hankchill I Pwn n00bs.

Nov 5, 2005
    Canada
    Outer Space
    I've got a crazy idea too.

Let's all pretend the DS-X is a good card!

Lollerskatez...

Inappropriate? Yes. Unnecessary? Yes. But you have to admit, trying to do anything with the DS-X is just not worth it. Might as well forget the DS-X. It's just a 'paperweight'.

11. MrSpud

MrSpud GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2008
    Canada
    Barrie,Ontario,Canada

Yeah, a 130$ paperweight [​IMG]

12. jaygee
    OP

jaygee Member

Newcomer
    Oct 17, 2006
    United States
    Maine
    it's not even effective as that

and btw this was humor.. i know the real reason is that they just won't update..