Hacking a crazy idea

jaygee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
someone could create a homebrew app that requires the arm7 fix that way we would have a valid reason to ask for an auto patcher in the DSX.

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The staff won't fix it even if someone does manage to create homebrew that uses it. They just ask for source code so they can fix it do it works without the fix...

I very much doubt there will ever be another update.

diglett

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
someone could create a homebrew app that requires the arm7 fix that way we would have a valid reason to ask for an auto patcher in the DSX.

This has been brought up before, but isn't worth trying.

The DS-X people may claim a desire not to support piracy, but really this is an excuse for their inability to support their product. I would guess the original designer is long gone.

throwingks

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
nintendo-scene.com
XP
Country
United States
sinkhead, you misunderstood his question.

He is saying since Team DS-X doesn't allow Commercial Rom talk on their forums. No one can ever post that they want an Arm7 fix. If there were a homebrew application that utilizes Arm7, asking for a firmware update to support it, would not be against their rules.

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sinkhead, you misunderstood his question.

He is saying since Team DS-X doesn't allow Commercial Rom talk on their forums. No one can ever post that they want an Arm7 fix. If there were a homebrew application that utilizes Arm7, asking for a firmware update to support it, would not be against their rules.
And I'm saying that it's pointless because the DS-X team will never release an update even with a valid reason. If homebrew doesn't work on the DS-X they ask for the source code so they can fix it.

I'm not trying to be nasty, that's just the way it is
frown.gif

diglett

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's perfectly clear that they designed the cart to play commercial roms, and they are surely aware that they should have fixed quite a lot of things long ago.

Their behavior on the forums is an effort to save face. There will probably never be another update.

MrSpud

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
we would have a valid reason to ask for an auto patcher in the DSX.

We have many valid reasons already, a technicality won't change anything. I like your idea but since they don't give a (bad word), it's pointless. I like your naive, positive attitude, I used to be that way.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
I've got a crazy idea too.

Let's all pretend the DS-X is a good card!

Lollerskatez...

Inappropriate? Yes. Unnecessary? Yes. But you have to admit, trying to do anything with the DS-X is just not worth it. Might as well forget the DS-X. It's just a 'paperweight'.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Where's everybody?