Hacking A couple of questions about 3DS hacking

Seiji Tanaka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My 3DS is on version 9.9. Old 3DS. I have some questions about hacking my 3DS.

1. Is it safe to downgrade? I've seen some people say they have downgraded but CFW doesn't work for them.
2. Do I have to format my 3DS to downgrade or will the downgrading format my 3DS so I lose my eshop games?
3. Will my data from my games be deleted if I downgrade?
4. I read somewhere about 3DS CFW on 10.3. Is it better to wait for CFW on 10.3?
5. Can you show me a link of what to do after downgrade? Like how to install games, Emunand, CFW and such.

Thank you for all answers. I hope I do not annoy with my little knowledge of 3DS hacking.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4. No one is capable of predicting the future
3. I've read people still retaining data when performing the downgrade, maybe you should check out those threads.
1. That depends on the system, what cia downgrade they used, and how impatient they were to wait for a proper guide.
5. I'm sure the FAQ section at the top of the thread and help withthat
2. That depends on the situation.

D

Deleted User

1. It's mainly n3DSes that people have had issues with when downgrading. Since you have an o3DS you should be fine. If you're still nervous, use SafeSysUpdater.
  2. You only need to format your 3DS once you have emuNAND set up in order to unlink your NANDs. (You're supposed to format with your SD card out of your system) Downgrading does NOT format your 3DS.
  3. What I said for #2 pretty much answers this question.
  4. Depends on how long you wanna wait, there might not even be CFW on 10.3.
  5. This one, if you want rxTools.

Mollycule

Add me on osu~
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have old 3ds with 10.3 emunand and RxTools installed, only thing that won't work is VC CIAs as you get the error has occured message... other than that CIAs of retail backups work fine as well as hacked CIAs like ctgp-7 and translated repacks..

D

Deleted User

I have old 3ds with 10.3 emunand and RxTools installed, only thing that won't work is VC CIAs as you get the error has occured message... other than that CIAs of retail backups work fine as well as hacked CIAs like ctgp-7 and translated repacks..
What kind of VCs?

Mollycule

Add me on osu~
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What kind of VCs?
GBA games and GBC as far as what I've tried, Devmenu and SaveDataFiler CIAs work too by the way, I suspect it's the AGB_FIRM not being patched by this version of RxTools.

EDIT: Also people said to install the VC CIAs to SysNAND and EmuNAND for them to launch but that didn't work for me.

Last edited by Mollycule,

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
1. Is it safe to downgrade? I've seen some people say they have downgraded but CFW doesn't work for them.
2. Do I have to format my 3DS to downgrade or will the downgrading format my 3DS so I lose my eshop games?
3. Will my data from my games be deleted if I downgrade?
4. I read somewhere about 3DS CFW on 10.3. Is it better to wait for CFW on 10.3?
5. Can you show me a link of what to do after downgrade? Like how to install games, Emunand, CFW and such.
  1. Yes.
  2. If it works, no. If you get "An error has occured", yes.
  3. No. Unless you format
  4. ?
  5. https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay