DemonWraith

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi All,
I am still new here, and have only had my CycloDS for a few days now. It is the first device of this type that I have had (apart from running emulators on PC). I have been incredibly impressed with it, and I thank everyone for all the help so far. From helping me choose the CycloDS to helping with some of the settings, you guys rock.

I'm close to having everything set up, and have most of the software I care about working just fine. However, I am still having a couple of software problems that I just can't seem to resolve. I've searched the boards here and tried some of the solutions suggested, but nothing has worked yet.

- DSOrganize - it would seem hardly anyone is having trouble with this program, but I can't seem to get it to load. I keep getting the 'Trying Patched Driver' message with the dancing cow. I've tried the new version and the older 'more stable' version, and have tried patching the .nds file with the CycloDS patcher for the hell of it. I had started with all of the files in a different folder, but have since put the folder in the Root of the card, and have tried to run patched and unpatched both from the root and from the DSOrganize folder, but nothing gets me past that wretched cow!

- NESDS - I boot this up, but all I get is a black screen on top, and a black screen on bottom with 'NESDS' and a horizontal line. No response from buttons or touchscreen at all. I have used the last 'official' version as well as the 'updated' version. I have tried patching the .nds file, and I have run the patched and unpatched versions both from the Root and from the NES folder where all of the other files are. It is possible I am just not doing something right, but I have yet to find any good documentation on exactly how to set it up.

- SNES Emulators - I have a couple of different versions of these, but so far they have left a bit to be desired. I am impressed because they seem to have a ton of different graphical and sound settings, which most likely come in handy, but I don't know enough about the settings to be able to just get a lot of the games I try to just work correctly. They do seem to work, and I will play around with them more, but if anyone has some tips, they would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again everyone!

Sticks

Trophies
XP
Country
You don't need to patch anything. The CycloDS will run clean .nds files straight off. That patcher is for the CycloDS Micro/Mini (supercard clone, slot-2) NOT the CycloDS Evolution. Try the clean files, and try formatting your microSD.

As for SNES, most games will just NOT work, period. SNES emulation has stalled, and the 'best' emulator you'll find is SNEmulDS. For now anyway.

DemonWraith

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sticks,
Thanks for the info- I didn't think the files needed patching, but I had read that as a solution so i gave it a shot. I will try formatting my card and see if that works. I saw a post on what to format the card as, but I can't find it now that I am looking for it. Does FAT-16 or 32 work better with the card?

DeMoN,
I'm still new to this type of hardware, so forgive me. I assume you mean a Slot 2 equivalent of a flashcart and not one of the 3-in-1 type modules, right? I already have the 3-in-1 if that can make a difference. Otherwise - any suggestions on a compatible slot-2 device?

Thanks again!

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah the 3-in-1 is a slot 2 expansion. It's great to use because it can act as a RAM expansion thus allowing your SNES games to play much more smoothly. However, I don't think it can fix compatibility with games that normally don't work.

Tormendo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
format your microSD (make a backup of the datas, only DSOrganize not).than write your datas again on the card(after formating) and complete new the DSorganize files.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah forgot to turn that off