Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hello there. First post here.

Anyway, I'm relatively new to the homebrew scene and I've got a couple of questions. I've been meaning to install homebrew on my Wii for quite some time now. I've got all I need to do it but first I'd like to have one of my doubts answered.

My Wii is running firmware 3.3U. Now as you all know Nintendo released two versions of said firmware. Basing on what I've heard, the cIOS needed to run WiiGator 0.3 doesn't work with the second version of 3.3U.

My problem here is that I'm not entirely sure which version of 3.3U I have. I checked my Wii message board to see if I had received the mail containing the update. Apparently I received the update on October 30th...but I don't recall updating. But I'm still not 100% percent sure I didn't update.

So here's my question. How do I know which version of 3.3 I'm running? Is there any way of knowing it? Furthermore, am I correct in the fact that WiiGator gamma doesn't run on 3.3 v.2?

Enlighten me.

saxamo

Spaaaaace!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you done the twilight hack? That's the first first thing you need to do (and preferably install homebrew channel).

From there, get one of the packages from a guide (I've had good experience with djtaz's guide. And see if you can install WAD's. Someone correct me if i'm wrong but if you can install wad's and get no errors, congrats, you have v1.

I'm not sure if wiigator works on 3.3v2. I think it does, but that's a bit of an educated guess.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I had a kinnect.... It blew rotting goat balls