Misc A 40F Console modder appears, seeking answers!

Sergie23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello, World! I'm guessing I'm a lot older than most of the userbase here, maybe! Its a pretty safe bet, but prove me wrong! I'm a 40 yo woman, an illustrator by profession. At the moment, I'm living in rural Southern Québec (originally from Nova Scotia). I relocated to QC after my divorce in 2018, and these days, I live alone in the countryside, typically spending my days in solitude, enjoying my own company, working on my writing & art projects, and, as you may have guessed- playing video games.

My only system at the moment is my Nintendo Switch, and since I went out of my way to purchase an unpatched model on the 2nd hand market, with the intention of hacking & modding my system, I find it's the only console I really need to have my gaming needs met, these days.

I have a few questions I wanted to ask the modding community, after updating to v.16.0.1 CFW.

Thanks for having me! It's nice to finally graduate from being a lurker here, to a known member.

See y'all around! ♡

Last edited by Sergie23,

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
Hello, World! I'm guessing I'm a lot older than most of the userbase here, maybe! Its a pretty safe bet, but prove me wrong! I'm a 40 yo woman, an illustrator by profession. At the moment, I'm living in rural Southern Québec (originally from Nova Scotia). I relocated to QC after my divorce in 2018, and these days, I live alone in the countryside, typically spending my days in solitude, enjoying my own company, working on my writing & art projects, and, as you may have guessed- playing video games.

My only system at the moment is my Nintendo Switch, and since I went out of my way to purchase an unpatched model on the 2nd hand market, with the intention of hacking & modding my system, I find it's the only console I really need to have my gaming needs met, these days.

I have a few questions I wanted to ask the modding community, after updating to v.16.0.1 CFW.

Thanks for having me! It's nice to finally graduate from being a lurker here, to a known member.

See y'all around! ♡
Well, what are the questions then? Welcome to the site, by the way! I'm 17, so not the youngest but far from oldest..

Sergie23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
40?? Still a baby to me haha (and I'm far from the oldest!)
Welcome aboard previous lurker! :yay:
I'm younger than someone?? Wow. That's a true novelty for me, in a new online community! I'm usually TWICE the age as the average user, regardless of where I wind up in Internet communities these days. Thanks for the reply, and the reassurance ♡
Post automatically merged:

Well, what are the questions then? Welcome to the site, by the way! I'm 17, so not the youngest but far from oldest..
Hey hey! Thanks for the welcome. I've already posted my most pressing question in the appropriate section. See ya around!!

Last edited by Sergie23,

Sergie23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Canadians? :unsure:
No, yknow- my OTHER people! The last of the long-lost Analog Era. People who possess that long-lost, deeply ingrained art of patience, who arent fast-ruined by trends of gratification at the click of a button. To someone of your age, I sure 40 still seems on the younger side, but- when I venture into Facebook groups & subreddits, it can be awkward! I made an intro post in a FB group the other day, & the first reply to my intro was a MODERATOR calling me "grandma" & "an OLD WOMAN". Its a surprise to me, with the places I normally go online, to meet people who are actually older. It's nice! Thanks very much for the warm welcome. I feel at-ease.

Reactions: CoolMe

ILuvGames

The Avatar-less One
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wow someone ELSE older than me. Neat! It's soothing when my elders make themselves known 🤣✌️❤️ I usually feel like an awkward, outdated relic among Netizens
Older isn't always wiser so there's no need to feel awkward here. Even for gamers of my age, there were famous game programmers at least another 10 or so years older.

Last edited by ILuvGames,
Reactions: Sergie23

Sergie23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Older isn't always wiser so there's no need to feel awkaward here. Even for gamers of my age, there were famous game programmers at least another 10 or so years older.
Ah man, ain't that the truth. My late parents never did quite learn how to adult, God bless those poor clueless souls! It's definitely not the norm, to come into ANY online community & be greeting by users OLDER than me. It's a really nice feeling, to know that I probably won't encounter anyone around HERE dropping words like "OLD" & "GRANDMA" in their replies to me (you might be surprised how often I get that reaction online!) 🤣✌️❤️
Post automatically merged:

Redheads?
I... don't really draw my sense of community, or camaraderie, among other people based upon factors like hair, or ANY physical features, or even the culture or country that I'm born into. For one thing- I haven't dated ANY Canadians AT ALL in about 3 years, now. Everyone I've dated for the past while, had moved to Canada from an entirely different continent. For another- I live in Quebeckistan. So, technically- there aren't even any CANADIANS in my current province. Lastly, Gingers are pretty well completely extinct after the witch trials and Irish slavery (and I'm Irish). So, no. I draw my sense of belonging by being surrounded by my peer bracket. I was hoping that was obvious. I guess I'd better get used to dad-style jokes if I'm going to hang around here...

Last edited by Sergie23,
Reactions: CoolMe and JuanMena

Sergie23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The Catboy appeared
Welcome, I am The Catboy. Expect to see me everywhere and wonder if I am a real being or a being that is part of the server
Hey! I'm a fellow Aspie. Thanks for the welcome, Catboy. Real human bean, or advanced Ai bot, either way- I look forward to seeing you around! ♡

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hey! I'm a fellow Aspie. Thanks for the welcome, Catboy. Real human bean, or advanced Ai bot, either way- I look forward to seeing you around! ♡
image0.jpeg

Reactions: Sergie23

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I... don't really draw my sense of community, or camaraderie, among other people based upon factors like hair, or ANY physical features, or even the culture or country that I'm born into. For one thing- I haven't dated ANY Canadians AT ALL in about 3 years, now. Everyone I've dated for the past while, had moved to Canada from an entirely different continent. For another- I live in Quebeckistan. So, technically- there aren't even any CANADIANS in my current province. Lastly, Gingers are pretty well completely extinct after the witch trials and Irish slavery (and I'm Irish). So, no. I draw my sense of belonging by being surrounded by my peer bracket. I was hoping that was obvious. I guess I'd better get used to dad-style jokes if I'm going to hang around here...
Nice meeting a fellow artist.
You should share some art pieces in the Art Forum or by Blogging about it.
Welcome.

Reactions: ILuvGames

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol