Hacking 9.3.0-21 Nintendo 3DS Update Released

codychaosx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to essh the highest update on a game is 8.1 (8.2 with smash demo)
And the n3ds ll's seem to all come stock with 8.1 so I wonder if the lower firmware version they're referring to is lower than that. That would suck :'(

Although after re reading it gateway actually says "firmware range lower than 9.0" so that's quite interesting. Although if the game card is cubic ninja and since that wasn't released in japan I could still be fucked lmao
Nvm they say game card update which has nothing to do with pubic ninja. So probably no worries there.

Ashtonx

n0l1f3
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Well look @ it from the bright side. That'll teach you to manage your updates properly, be it nand or emunand. Speaking from experience, waiting for a year between jtag and rgh and realization i could've jtagged my console if i didn't update it burned this knowledge into my heart.

Oh and wait for 'beta testers' before you try out new stuff. This time it's emunand next time it'll be brick.

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there any point in jumping from 8.1 to 8.2 using the ssb method?
No because you can't, it's only a demo. 8.2 was the required firmware to access the e-shop when the demo was released. The version number on essh is just the minimum firmware requirements, but for actual cartridge games the minimum firmware is included.

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still at the 9.2.0-20 U fw and have turned off my wifi and taken out my net key for now. I plan on blocking it from updating when I get time. I'm also fixen to get me a Gateway a soon.

fatboynate

Bringer of Freedom
Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
anyway on the bright side im hoping that a new exploit comes along for both 3ds and wii u, hoping for a new toy from nintendo to use my 3ds games on tv and game pad :P that id pay some serious mula for, imagine fantasy life or pokemon 6th gen on the wii u and taking it around on your 3ds *drools* i can but only dream, knowing the beast that is nintendo, it'll never happen

Abcdfv

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why didn't Gateway team confirm for a new launcher.dat supporting emunand 9.3 ?
maybe the 9.3 blocks launcher.dat code?
No, they just don't care about emunand support right now. As soon as the update goes out for <9.2 support everyone who hasn't "pre-ordered" is gonna whip their debit cards out so fast Gateway's bank will burn down from the friction.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They don't often confirm support for emunand anyway. Unless it's a big update like the 7.X encryption, then it's normally just something like "we know emunand is broken" if that, then a new launcher dat comes out.

Reactions: Phantom_User

fatboynate

Bringer of Freedom
Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
No, they just don't care about emunand support right now. As soon as the update goes out for <9.2 support everyone who hasn't "pre-ordered" is gonna whip their debit cards out so fast Gateway's bank will burn down from the friction.

so true, i forgot people like free software, the innocence of the human race died when the internet became a standard issue thing :P, still i like trying a game before i pay my hard earned cash for it, i played a jp rom of omega ruby before i bought the real thing, im just but hurt i cant keep my save :'(

trafalgar0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

My 3ds is on 4.5 and i can no longer bring it to 9.x. I'm sure there are many ppl in my case the people who were using Gateway until now
if they drop amunand now we are f*cked lol

Abcdfv

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They don't often confirm support for emunand anyway. Unless it's a big update like the 7.X encryption, then it's normally just something like "we know emunand is broken" if that, then a new launcher dat comes out.
Yeah they just said don't update sysnand or emunand to 9.3

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean to add to their message : for our 4.5 user we are working on emunand 9.3 dont worry

cause they kept sayin "if u are 4.5 stay there" means that they have to update emunand for those guys

I think you're confused. They said to stay at 4.5 because 9.x will not have the same support as 4.5, and that has nothing to do with making the 9.3 emunand compatible with 4.5. If you have 4.5 firmware then do not update it.

Did you read the previous gateway news post, I quote it below
We recommend the following to our interested users:
- If you are on native System Firmare 4.5, then please stay at this version.
- If you are on native System Firmware 5.0 or higher, then please update to 9.0.0-20, 9.1.0-20J or 9.2.0-20 and stay on this version. Do not update beyond this version.

Abcdfv

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My 3ds is on 4.5 and i can no longer bring it to 9.x. I'm sure there are many ppl in my case the people who were using Gateway until now
if they drop amunand now we are f*cked lol
They won't drop it, they just want to get 9.2 support out asap, emunand will either come with it or close behind for 4.5 folks, and I'm sure they've got something up their sleeves for higher firmwares having it as well

what i think is that they said dont update if you are on 4.5 because launcher.dat is updateable, 9.2 means if its patched wait for a new exploit, like what happend with 9.3
I forgot to finish my sentence lol. Distracted waiting on my food

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean to add to their message : for our 4.5 user we are working on emunand 9.3 dont worry

cause they kept sayin "if u are 4.5 stay there" means that they have to update emunand for those guys

I really don't see how you can interpret there message that way. If they didn't say it then they didn't say it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof