9.2.0-20 sysnand format without updating?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by fatboynate, Feb 14, 2015.

1. fatboynate
    OP

fatboynate Bringer of Freedom

Mar 10, 2014
    Chad
    File Hosts
    basically im sick of my cia games i made losing my saves everytime i boot into emunand from sysnand
    so can i format sysnand 9.2.0-20 without it updating, because it keeps asking to connect to the internet
    when i try for format my sysnand.

i want emunand to be spernated from my sys nand

2. Dont Worry About it

Dont Worry About it GBAtemp Regular

Dec 8, 2014
    United States
    You should have just formatted your emuNAND as soon as you made it.

3. Asia81

Asia81 In my Ecchi World <3

Nov 15, 2014
    France
    Albi
    You can't downgrade and format, and upgrade your 3ds after ?

4. fatboynate
    OP

Mar 10, 2014
    Chad
    File Hosts
    well i still can, i only have 2 cia games and they are just made from my own personal dumps, but will i loose my nintendo id?, i dont want to have to pay for pokemon bank again

5. DigitalJosee

DigitalJosee Go your clever boy, and remember me!

Jan 15, 2013
    Brazil
    Well, it asks you for an internet connection but doesn't upgrade your 3ds, it's 100% safe, but don't forget to remove the wireless profile fom your SysNand

Ryccardo likes this.
  6. fatboynate
    OP

Mar 10, 2014
    Chad
    File Hosts
    so i should format emunand instead, right?

7. AquaX101

AquaX101 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 15, 2014
    United States
    Somewhere
    Disable the wireless and then format

8. fatboynate
    OP

Mar 10, 2014
    Chad
    File Hosts
    i tried it wont work like that

9. Nollog

Nollog GBAtemp Addict

Oct 10, 2008
    When formatting, the 3ds connects to the internet for various reasons, but won't update.

shinyquagsire23 likes this.
  10. AquaX101

AquaX101 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 15, 2014
    United States
    Somewhere
    hmm, I formatted 4.5 with wireless disabled,

11. froggestspirit

froggestspirit D/P/Pt Demix Guy

Jul 28, 2011
    United States
    youre going to have to downgrade to 4.5 to format without internet, or just format emunand, which shouldnt matter if it get's updated?

12. Apache Thunder

Apache Thunder I have cameras in your head!

Oct 7, 2007
    United States
    Levelland, Texas
    I assume you are trying to format sysnand to unlink emunand from sysnand? The best way to do this is to downgrade sysnand to 4.x then format it. Then use a game Super Smash Bros. (or Majora's Mask) to get back to 9.x fw. SSB will take you to 8.1 (though some have reported newer revisions of the game have shipped out with the 9.2 update on them).

The main reason you want to do this is to avoid issues with your NNID. The reason the 3DS wants to connect to the internet is so that it can unlink you NNID from the console when you format. If you allow this to occur in sysnand. THIS WILL BRAKE NNID ACCEESS IN EMUNAND. I do not recommend doing it this way.

If you aren't intending to hold on to your friend code, then do the format in emunand instead. Sysnand not having NNID access is not a big of a issue as it would be in emunand had you lost NNID access in emunand. Either that or downgrade sysnand to 4.x if you still intend to format sysnand. You can backup your CIA installed game saves (legit or pirated, there's no difference in how the saves are handled) using SaveDataFiler. After you format emunand and relink it to you NNID, you can redownload/reinstall your CIAs/Games and then use SaveDataFiler to restore you saves. Yes even your Pokemon saves. ;)
    (Cartridge games will not be impacted, so you don't need to backup/restore their saves)

In either case the 3DS won't force you to update the firmware to format. It it does prompt for that, you should be able to cancel it without canceling the format.

Your Pokebank is tied to your NNID. Not your console. So if you unlink it and format, then relink the same NNID you had before, your Pokebank will still work as is. You shouldn't have to buy it again. :P

You only would have to buy Pokebank again if you were to relink a DIFFERENT NNID to your 3DS. Which in this case isn't what you are doing, so your good to go if you need to unlink and relink your NNID.

cvskid likes this.
  13. fatboynate
    OP

Mar 10, 2014
    Chad
    File Hosts

i just formatted my emunand, i dont like the aspect or bricking my 3ds without a safe way to fix it after.

14. serenade.63

serenade.63 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 17, 2011
    United States
    Wait so you can just go into system settings in emunand and format it like regular and it will work?

15. Lucifer666

Lucifer666 all the world needs is me

Apr 22, 2011
    The Fourth Dimension
    updating doesn't require you to update it just needs to connect to the internet briefly don't worry

16. fatboynate
    OP

Mar 10, 2014
    Chad
    File Hosts
    yeah i formatted my emunand in settings then you get kicked into sys nand setytings then load up emunand again and set up guide comes up like a brand new 3ds :)

17. serenade.63

serenade.63 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 17, 2011
    United States
    Wut!? Thats awesome, had no idea.