Hacking 9.2.0-20 sysnand format without updating?

fatboynate

Bringer of Freedom
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
basically im sick of my cia games i made losing my saves everytime i boot into emunand from sysnand
so can i format sysnand 9.2.0-20 without it updating, because it keeps asking to connect to the internet
when i try for format my sysnand.

i want emunand to be spernated from my sys nand

fatboynate

Bringer of Freedom
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
well i still can, i only have 2 cia games and they are just made from my own personal dumps, but will i loose my nintendo id?, i dont want to have to pay for pokemon bank again

DigitalJosee

Go your clever boy, and remember me!
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, it asks you for an internet connection but doesn't upgrade your 3ds, it's 100% safe, but don't forget to remove the wireless profile fom your SysNand

Reactions: Ryccardo

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I assume you are trying to format sysnand to unlink emunand from sysnand? The best way to do this is to downgrade sysnand to 4.x then format it. Then use a game Super Smash Bros. (or Majora's Mask) to get back to 9.x fw. SSB will take you to 8.1 (though some have reported newer revisions of the game have shipped out with the 9.2 update on them).

The main reason you want to do this is to avoid issues with your NNID. The reason the 3DS wants to connect to the internet is so that it can unlink you NNID from the console when you format. If you allow this to occur in sysnand. THIS WILL BRAKE NNID ACCEESS IN EMUNAND. I do not recommend doing it this way.

If you aren't intending to hold on to your friend code, then do the format in emunand instead. Sysnand not having NNID access is not a big of a issue as it would be in emunand had you lost NNID access in emunand. Either that or downgrade sysnand to 4.x if you still intend to format sysnand. You can backup your CIA installed game saves (legit or pirated, there's no difference in how the saves are handled) using SaveDataFiler. After you format emunand and relink it to you NNID, you can redownload/reinstall your CIAs/Games and then use SaveDataFiler to restore you saves. Yes even your Pokemon saves. ;)
(Cartridge games will not be impacted, so you don't need to backup/restore their saves)

In either case the 3DS won't force you to update the firmware to format. It it does prompt for that, you should be able to cancel it without canceling the format.

well i still can, i only have 2 cia games and they are just made from my own personal dumps, but will i loose my nintendo id?, i dont want to have to pay for pokemon bank again

Your Pokebank is tied to your NNID. Not your console. So if you unlink it and format, then relink the same NNID you had before, your Pokebank will still work as is. You shouldn't have to buy it again. :P

You only would have to buy Pokebank again if you were to relink a DIFFERENT NNID to your 3DS. Which in this case isn't what you are doing, so your good to go if you need to unlink and relink your NNID.

Reactions: cvskid

fatboynate

Bringer of Freedom
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
I assume you are trying to format sysnand to unlink emunand from sysnand? The best way to do this is to downgrade sysnand to 4.x then format it. Then use a game Super Smash Bros. (or Majora's Mask) to get back to 9.x fw. SSB will take you to 8.1 (though some have reported newer revisions of the game have shipped out with the 9.2 update on them).

The main reason you want to do this is to avoid issues with your NNID. The reason the 3DS wants to connect to the internet is so that it can unlink you NNID from the console when you format. If you allow this to occur in sysnand. THIS WILL BRAKE NNID ACCEESS IN EMUNAND. I do not recommend doing it this way.

If you aren't intending to hold on to your friend code, then do the format in emunand instead. Sysnand not having NNID access is not a big of a issue as it would be in emunand had you lost NNID access in emunand. Either that or downgrade sysnand to 4.x if you still intend to format sysnand. You can backup your CIA installed game saves (legit or pirated, there's no difference in how the saves are handled) using SaveDataFiler. After you format emunand and relink it to you NNID, you can redownload/reinstall your CIAs/Games and then use SaveDataFiler to restore you saves. Yes even your Pokemon saves. ;)
(Cartridge games will not be impacted, so you don't need to backup/restore their saves)

In either case the 3DS won't force you to update the firmware to format. It it does prompt for that, you should be able to cancel it without canceling the format.

Your Pokebank is tied to your NNID. Not your console. So if you unlink it and format, then relink the same NNID you had before, your Pokebank will still work as is. You shouldn't have to buy it again. :P

You only would have to buy Pokebank again if you were to relink a DIFFERENT NNID to your 3DS. Which in this case isn't what you are doing, so your good to go if you need to unlink and relink your NNID.

i just formatted my emunand, i dont like the aspect or bricking my 3ds without a safe way to fix it after.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.