Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
504x_711notice.jpg

Looks like we may have a PS3 price cut on our hands or an incoming PS3 Slim.

QUOTE said:
The 20GB, 40GB and 60GB versions of the PS3 have been discontinued. According to this, it looks like the 80GB PLAYSTATION 3 is next.

This notice is apparently from retailer 7-Eleven (7-Eleven sells video games in Japan) and stats that pre-orders for the Black, White and Silver 80GB PS3 will cease on Sunday, August 9 at 10am.

The reason listed is "For the manufacturer".

The notice also notes that all in-store displays for the 80GB model are to be taken down. If this is true, then Japan would be left with only the 160GB PLAYSTATION... Or perhaps there is an upgrade in store...

News Source: Kotaku

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is great news, i hope the Slim will get things back in order for Sony again as well. A great console....just ruined by its price and complexity.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The bundles we have here are 80GB's with inFamous

looks like however that this is only in Japan (that being the 80GB being discontinued)

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm surprised there still hasn't been a price drop. I know that when the PS3 came out they were selling it for much less than it was actually worth and so they've probably been catching up to make a profit, but ever since making a Blu-Ray player has become so damn cheap they're actually selling PS3's for more than double what they're made for. Its outrageous that people are still buying them at the price. /Rant

Kakashi5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Rock Raiyu said:
If they get a price cut for the PS3 to at least $250 then I'll consider buying one. They'll probably announce it at Gamescon in a few weeks or TGS 09 next month.

they wouldn't do that. its only going down to $300.

the 360 Elite(with hard drive and everything you would need to buy regardless if you got the elite package or not) is $400 last time I checked, 80 GB PS3s are going to be $300 until they're gone and the 160 GB are gonna be $400 from now on. I believe they are making a Slim PS3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol