Question [8.0] Update games without system ?

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Cortexfou, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Cortexfou
    OP

Cortexfou GBAtemp Fan

Apr 14, 2016
    Belgium
    I can still access the eshop and play online in v7. But I only stayed a few minutes because I fear that the update will download and install itself. Is it possible to block the auto download (or the auto installation) of the update 8 while still being able to download the games update and play online?

in fact, tomorrow, I want to download the update smash and activate my game cuphead but I'm afraid that the update 8 downloads and installs itself :/

2. iriez

iriez GBAtemp Fan

Oct 27, 2016
    United States
    Sorry I forget the name of the app, but you can reboot into it and download/delete the update data before your next boot into horizon. Someone else will respond with the name I'm sure.

Any app that does any sort of real-time blocking would be recognized and cause a ban.

GarnetSunset likes this.
  3. Cyberevan

Cyberevan Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 16, 2014
    Manila, Philippines
    Correct me if im wrong but i think even if there's a way to block system update, there's a good chance that the smash update would require fw 8.0 unless you are using cfw.