OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
A 7.2 magnitude earthquake has hit the Mexican peninsula of Baja California, killing at least one person and causing tremors as far away as Nevada. The quake struck at 1540 (2240 GMT), 26km (16 miles) south-west of Guadalupe Victoria in Baja California, at a depth of 32km, said the US Geological Survey. Geological Survey. There have been other reports of light damage and minor injuries in some areas near the epicentre. In San Diego, tall buildings were seen swaying. Civil protection officials said a man had died when his home collapsed in northern Mexico. Bridge checks Some minor injuries and damage have also been reported close to the epicentre in the town of Mexicali. Civil defence director Alfredo Escobedo told CNN that several buildings had been damaged and that some people had been hurt "but not seriously". some people had been hurt "but not seriously". seriously". The quake caused buildings to sway in the Mexican city of Tijuana, where Easter celebrations were interrupted as families rushed for open ground. as families rushed for open ground. Some parts of Baja California had seen power cuts, officials said. The US Geological Survey said this was the largest quake to hit the region since 1992. The BBC's Peter Bowes in Los Angeles says the shaking lasted for about a minute and US firefighters were called out to inspect roads, bridges and power-lines. The LA Fire Department had also responded to a number of automatic alarms and people being stuck in lifts, reports said. Rides were temporarily suspended at the Disneyland theme park in California. Many readers who contacted the BBC spoke of the "surreal" swaying of buildings for up to a minute, although Steve Rider from Palm Springs in California said it was "the most powerful earthquake I have ever felt". Kyle Stockburger, in Los Angeles, said: "Everyone stopped talking in the restaurant and the overhead lights started swaying back and forth. It wasn't violent, just unreal. It felt like the whole earth was swaying."
Source

tKo HaXoR

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
I live in Southern California. I felt the earthquake here in Los Angeles. The earthquake rocked my home in a boat-on-water motion. It wasn't as intense as the epicenter but it struck fear in my heart.

- tKo HaXoR

Justin121994

Bitcoin. coinbase.com/andrew
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No way someone that lives in my city is on gbatemp.
ohmy.gif
I live in ontario california tooo.
myuusmeow

pizzahutmaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, I felt the earthquake too. I'm in the Los Angeles area.
It was actually kind of strong being so far away.

Haha, I live in West Covina, I've been to Ontario before XD it smells like cow poop

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Justin121994 said:
No way someone that lives in my city is on gbatemp.
ohmy.gif
I live in ontario california tooo.
myuusmeow
Wow, cool. I go to Colony High School...

QUOTE(pizzahutmaster @ Apr 4 2010, 08:18 PM) yeah, I felt the earthquake too. I'm in the Los Angeles area.
It was actually kind of strong being so far away.

Haha, I live in West Covina, I've been to Ontario before XD it smells like cow poop
...which is right next to a cow farm.
frown.gif

pizzahutmaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok then, maybe Chino/Chino Hills smells like cow poop.
Well the Earthquake wasn't as intense as I thought, I felt it only for a couple of seconds (maybe 7?)
Just a reminder to get ready for the big one
biggrin.gif

The only thing is that lots of water spilled out of my pool.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Rock Raiyu said:
There have been way too many earthquakes lately for this to be a coincidence.
Honestly, as stupid as it may sound to others, I agree. There has to be something big coming, either naturally or spiritually. I've been thinking this since the earthquake in Chile, and then all of the other natural disasters following that.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Fellow Californian. Earthquake woke me up! Wasn't bad over in my part of LA. But yeah the expectation of the "big one" is getting bigger, and bigger. I'm just nervous because I live in Northridge most of the week at looking back at the Northridge Earthquake of 94'.....yeah, scary.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah.. I live in Ontario Canada too.

So back on topic. Its crazy how many natural disasters are hitting us these months. Makes me think that there's gonna be something really big coming soon that's gonna wipe out something in the 4-digits or more.. :\

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, felt it too in SoCal. Not very big, but lasted fairly long... Felt like I was dizzy for awhile...

My heart goes out to all those who have been affected by these recent natural disasters :[

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Anakir said:
Yeah.. I live in Ontario Canada too.

So back on topic. Its crazy how many natural disasters are hitting us these months. Makes me think that there's gonna be something really big coming soon that's gonna wipe out something in the 4-digits or more.. :\

Ontario California, not Canada.

Anyway, I live in Las Vegas and I didnt feel it so it must not have reached this far.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hmm Haiti,Chile,Japan and now Mexico i wonder what country will be hit with an earthquake next...btw i'm only counting earthquakes that were 6 or higher the one recently in California was only a 4.x

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ptLqnNMcQk