Hacking 6.xx PRO CFW Release Thread

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
A question about pops:

I'm running a 1000 series PSP, 01g. Is it likely that I'll run into any issues running any versions of pops? Or is it just an issue with PRO-B8 in general? Oh yeah, and when uninstalling PRO-B7; when I uninstall it, will it uninstall the permanent patch too? Or do I need to do something else? I know I'll have to reapply the permanent patch.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
A question about pops:

I'm running a 1000 series PSP, 01g. Is it likely that I'll run into any issues running any versions of pops? Or is it just an issue with PRO-B8 in general? Oh yeah, and when uninstalling PRO-B7; when I uninstall it, will it uninstall the permanent patch too? Or do I need to do something else? I know I'll have to reapply the permanent patch.

from what I've read PSP 1000 can use all pops
QUOTENote:fully working with PSP Fat, 2000 and 3000 3g
PSP 3000 4g and 9g(maybe all):every POPS from 3.02 to 3.52 WORKS
Every POPS from 3.71 to 6.00 DOESN'T WORK
Every POPS from 6.20 to actual POPS WORKS

PSP GO:every POPS from 3.02 to 3.52 WORKS but NO SOUND!
I don't know how accurate this is though

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I can test it. I have a couple custom EBOOT's currently on my PSP, once of which that is having a couple slowdown issues in the normal popsloader that is on 6.20 PRO-B7 normally.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
1000s and fully hackable 2000s WORK WITH ALL POPS.
wink.gif

Hence why xist and I suggest fully hackable 2000s to everybody. Essentially they are the only good "Do all PSP" (the 1000 has it's fair share of issues).

KevFan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, it seems that there were some problems in the early offficial build of B8 (6.35/6.39), but they seem to be fixed now.
Also B8 is faster in the XMB because it fixed a XMB lag bug, (thanks to codestation, mod of wololo forums), which should in turn improve loading speeds with games categories light, for those who use it.

Also since here seems to be where the popsloader is talked about, i just like to say that neur0n has released a patch for the New PRO Popsloader to make it compatable with his ME CFW.
http://twitter.com/#!/neur0ner/status/89004875538644992

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yeah I noticed it after I made that post
Fixed the XMB CPU Speed bug (aka XMB & Gameboot lag - noticeable in CTF themes)
game catagories is a little faster, but not by much

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
QUOTE said:
PSP 3000 4g and 9g(maybe all):every POPS from 3.02 to 3.52 WORKS

got a 3004.. so much for my persona eternal punishment on 4.01
hate2.gif

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
So wait can someone clarify as i've not used popsloader on PRO.

On the original Dax popsloader every game remembered which pops you were running, so if you were playing RE Nemesis on 3.40 and Vagrant Story on 3.71 then it's keep both those settings stored. Doesn't/didn't the initial PRO popsloader do that (meaning if you ran 3.40 for RE3 you'd then have it set on that for every game until you changed it)? Is that what this release does, makes it work the same way as the original posploader?

Just checked...no additional documentation, so anyone using the original PRO popsloader would be in the best position to confirm.

Shabutie78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xist said:
So wait can someone clarify as i've not used popsloader on PRO.

On the original Dax popsloader every game remembered which pops you were running, so if you were playing RE Nemesis on 3.40 and Vagrant Story on 3.71 then it's keep both those settings stored. Doesn't/didn't the initial PRO popsloader do that (meaning if you ran 3.40 for RE3 you'd then have it set on that for every game until you changed it)? Is that what this release does, makes it work the same way as the original posploader?

Just checked...no additional documentation, so anyone using the original PRO popsloader would be in the best position to confirm.
the original pro popsloader remembered only one pops version for every game.
the v2 pro popsloader remembers individual pops versions for each game.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Which means it's doing what the Original M33 Popsloader did now...

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
No you don't. Just add an extra link and detail which files to swap out.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So does this full install on a psp 3001mxs from the kindom hearts NA bundle? I have no idea what my psp's motherboard is. You can't see the board anymore from the umd tray.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Shabutie78 said:
is there a problem with that or something?

The lack of clarification in the PRO releases means that most people assumed the initial PRO popsloader release performed in this way. It's just the the details that the PRO team need to keep up to date with...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • T @ Texasauras:
    its on amazon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Download Batocera make it your own
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    If you want GC PS2 Wii stuff like that use a PC
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, i also use my tv stick to watch YouTube and streaming services
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Psi those play well on the Pi5 now...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty yep that's what I use my stick for most anymore, streaming tv shows, movies. or even youtube. Or doing kens mum.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    RG Cube is going to be good for ps2 if it's $100
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, and since the default emulator is below average i downloaded some "replacements" like snes9x for snes games for example
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    And I also have my ps3
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea ps3 is a beast still to today compared to most "sticks"
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you just want pi for emulation no point when Anbernic releases new shit every two seconds
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's really cool about Pi's tho is you can have multiple SD cards with different OS on each SD card and change from say a gaming machine to a full fledged pc if wanted
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Plus all bios are set up and usually includes at least 128gbs or 64
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah but if your main goal is just to play n64 and GameCube you can save about $50 and have the portability option
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, but on 2 monitors at 4k. Its just want you want really, to each they own.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    For a kids aspect Anbernic would be the better option they'd probably melt over the price on a good 4k display
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    For that texasroo guy, I'd recommend the Spell and speak as his first system.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So they buy a pi5 kit for about $150 and say a 28" 4k display probably looking around $400 total
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll be getting in the territory of portable Pcs anyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Again you get what you pay for, its like buying a S series for $300 but its only 1440p native, if you want true 4k, gotta get the X model for $500. But yea you right, when moms buying it anyways, you gotta stay cheap.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They could use HD out on their TV no real need for a monitor these days tbh the purists will disagree
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm kind of phasing out on the need for wanting all these consoles cool to have but they just become dust build ups
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I here ya there, I have too many myself, and have hard time letting them go, since most of mine I've modded at some point. Anymore I just play Switch on the go, seriesx at home.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ack my throat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I need to invest in some storage tots tbh
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I need to invest in some storage tots tbh