6/6/17 Pokemon Direct - Live Coverage

Although we're on the heels of E3, it seems Nintendo has some announcements they'd like to make before their big upcoming press conference. It's time to get your pitchforks and hype trains ready, as anything could happen! And GBAtemp will be here to give you live coverage and a recap of the event after it airs, so stay tuned!

And so here we go:
They're talking about the Switch
"And now finally...we're excited to announce..."
Pokken Deluxe!
geJihrw.png
There's a trailer for the game, showing off gameplay in the different modes of the Switch. Huge focus on local multiplayer.
Launches Sept 22 2017

Onto Sun and Moon!
And then randomly....!
cSmf2wy.png
They just gloss over this announcement. Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon for the 3DS announced. Oh and Pokken gets a new playable character. Pokken DX is also getting a playable E3 demo for Switch.

They bring out Masuda to talk about these games, stressed for the 3DS. It's an alternate story of the original game, with new Pokemon that didn't appear in the normal games. Global release Nov 17.

Last announcement! Pokemon Gold and Silver coming to 3DS virtual Console. Compatible with Pokemon Bank. Launch Sept 22.

Last edited by Chary,

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon seriously... Black amd White 2 were good but I figured they'd be done with sequels and second versions since X and Y didn't get one.

Vipera

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please. Please, PLEAAAASE, lets boicot Pokken. That is a freaking joke for switch users.
I dont want any more ports.
As someone who makes fun on Switch and Nintendo fanboys on a daily basis, I don't understand why you would be so pissed. Keep in mind that many people who bought the Switch didn't have a Wii U and never tried the game in the first place. They will be selling a game that some people wanted. Why do you care?

Reactions: Skelletonike

nolimits59

Trophies
XP
Country
France
As someone who makes fun on Switch and Nintendo fanboys on a daily basis, I don't understand why you would be so pissed. Keep in mind that many people who bought the Switch didn't have a Wii U and never tried the game in the first place. They will be selling a game that some people wanted. Why do you care?
WiiU sold poorly, it makes sens to sell a game that have a good potential and is good to the majority who didnt bought a WiiU to implement a new user base for that games, thats why MK8, Pokken, Zelda ect ect.

rileysrjay

Connoisseur of all things Morshu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess Laura Kate Dale was right about Nintendo redoing Pokemon sun and moon! Instead of being stars for the switch though, they just decided to slap a fresh coat of paint on sun and moon and call it ultra for the 3ds! Anyways, heard faint rumblings of pokken dx for switch a couple of months ago and sorta ignored it. Sure I'm disappointed that they aren't making stars, but I'm pretty confident that they're making a new Pokemon game from the ground up for switch next year since there was that job listing a while back.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you look at the press release it says the ultra games also hitting the switch. Could be a mistake..unless they announce them next week at e3

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I am Sure Price Seth... not...
I hope there so many "surprises" waiting for us on the E3... Don't tell me, Mario Maker Switch will be playable.................................................................................

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Well, Nintendo never releases main series Pokemon games for home systems.
While the switch may be more of a portable system than a home one, it is not considered a handheld by Nintendo nor is it the successor to 3DS.

I think this announcement is good enough to prove all the people saying the switch will replace the 3DS, hopefully 3DS's successor gets announced soon, like later this year or early next year. I need a new dedicated handheld small enough to fit my pocket. <3

Reactions: DrkBeam

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's what I get out of this Direct:

NOA: We have a new Pokemon game for the Switch!
Everyone: Yay!
NOA: An updated version of Pokken that was on the Wii U
Everyone: Awesome!
NOA: Oh and remakes of old mainline Pokemon games for the 3DS, screw the Switch
Everyone: *All hype dies*

:ph34r:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not sure why, every other N64 game just runs fine with all kinds of enhancements but noooo KI... +1