6/6/17 Pokemon Direct - Live Coverage

Although we're on the heels of E3, it seems Nintendo has some announcements they'd like to make before their big upcoming press conference. It's time to get your pitchforks and hype trains ready, as anything could happen! And GBAtemp will be here to give you live coverage and a recap of the event after it airs, so stay tuned!

And so here we go:
They're talking about the Switch
"And now finally...we're excited to announce..."
Pokken Deluxe!
geJihrw.png
There's a trailer for the game, showing off gameplay in the different modes of the Switch. Huge focus on local multiplayer.
Launches Sept 22 2017

Onto Sun and Moon!
And then randomly....!
cSmf2wy.png
They just gloss over this announcement. Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon for the 3DS announced. Oh and Pokken gets a new playable character. Pokken DX is also getting a playable E3 demo for Switch.

They bring out Masuda to talk about these games, stressed for the 3DS. It's an alternate story of the original game, with new Pokemon that didn't appear in the normal games. Global release Nov 17.

Last announcement! Pokemon Gold and Silver coming to 3DS virtual Console. Compatible with Pokemon Bank. Launch Sept 22.

Last edited by Chary,
D

Deleted User

They'd get more guaranteed sales if it weren't bw2 all over again...
from the description given so far, it sounds like emerald/platinum but in 2 versions as they said it's an alternate story rather than a sequel. Which makes me feel ripped off for buying Sun last year when the definitive version was just around the corner. I probably will skip this one because Sun was such a disappointment.

maalni

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
In the end you have to buy each Pokemon separately, since Nintendo seems to like those microtransaction and dlc thingies

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a little disappointed from nintendo... Ultra sun and moon feels like an cheap "dlc" of the original game...

It's just the model they followed with Black 2 and White 2 but for Sun and Moon. I don't mind it. Frankly I enjoyed Black 2 and White 2 over the traditional 3rd title thing that they had kept doing up until that point. Still I do hope that a third Ultra title may also be coming to the Switch, I wouldn't be too surprised to see such an announcement drop at a later point this year.

DrkBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Ib4 capcom release monster Hunter 5 for the ps4, anyway more games for the 3ds even though it has 6 years old

D

Deleted User

It's just the model they followed with Black 2 and White 2 but for Sun and Moon. I don't mind it. Frankly I enjoyed Black 2 and White 2 over the traditional 3rd title thing that they had kept doing up until that point. Still I do hope that a third Ultra title may also be coming to the Switch, I wouldn't be too surprised to see such an announcement drop at a later point this year.
BW2 were sequels, they said this would be an alternate story. this sounds to me like a 3rd version but in 2 versions.

maalni

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's just the model they followed with Black 2 and White 2 but for Sun and Moon. I don't mind it. Frankly I enjoyed Black 2 and White 2 over the traditional 3rd title thing that they had kept doing up until that point.
I enjoyed BW2 too, which can't say about the laggy titles, they created with sun and moon

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BW2 were sequels, they said this would be an alternate story. this sounds to me like a 3rd version but in 2 versions.

But the 3rd versions of the previous games were the same stories, not alternate stories. These aren't sequels, but they also aren't the same game with just more either, like you said its an alternate story. So they sound way more similar to BW2 than the 3rd entries in the generations prior.

D

Deleted User

Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon was there chance to announce a Switch pokemon game (besides Pokken), which they immedietely went and blew.

Thanks Ninty, I'll enjoy pirating the game. Because I sure as shit ain't gonna pay for a fucking REHASH ON THE SAME CONSOLE!

Reactions: DarthDub

YamiZee

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I honestly think that dividing the games into 2 isn't a good idea for sequels. For originals yes, but if someone is to buy the same game again, it gives more incentive to buy an improved clone game if it's the "definitive" version, as the 3rd titles have often been. If its split then it no longer feels "definitive" and as such you have to be an even more devoted of a fan or rich to buy it.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

But the 3rd versions of the previous games were the same stories, not alternate stories. These aren't sequels, but they also aren't the same game with just more either, like you said its an alternate story. So they sound way more similar to BW2 and the 3rd entries in the generations prior.
Emerald was an alternate story.

ANGL

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
But the 3rd versions of the previous games were the same stories, not alternate stories. These aren't sequels, but they also aren't the same game with just more either, like you said its an alternate story. So they sound way more similar to BW2 than the 3rd entries in the generations prior.
Wtf? Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, all alternate stories

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Next game will be super smash bros DX on the switch xD
At the rate things are going, I wouldn't be surprised if that actually happen.

I honestly think that dividing the games into 2 isn't a good idea for sequels. For originals yes, but if someone is to buy the same game again, it gives more incentive to buy an improved clone game if it's the "definitive" version, as the 3rd titles have often been. If its split then it no longer feels "definitive" and as such you have to be an even more devoted of a fan or rich to buy it.
I kind of feel the same way, but this way seems to be working for enough people.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: what's up woke boy