Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:

SORRY, WE ARE OUT OF STOCK
Very professional, HP.

Even so- 37" of screen space would be AWESOME. Hell, my new widescreen 22" is huge IMO, 15" more would be amazing, wonder what the res is.

EDIT: I'm an idiot, these are TVs.

methodone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
8ms should be plenty fast enough for TV... (1 second / 8 millisecond) == 125Hz refresh rate!
And that res is pretty standard for a 720p TV, which looks GREAT compared to your average standard definition TV.

Strokemouth

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The refresh is fine for a TV, but not very good for a monitor. The resolution is terrible for a monitor and not worthwhile for a TV. If you're going to be buying an HDTV, you might as well pony up a little more and go with something that is future proof. You can get a 37" 1080p set for 700-800 very easily these days.

If this is not going to be your main TV and future proofing is not an issue, then this is an ok deal. 50% off something that is already way overpriced is still not worthwhile. A quick search shows that you can pick up a 37" 720p Olevia for 699 from newegg.

It's just a mediocre tv at an average price for its specs.

Westside

Sogdiana
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
Strokemouth said:
The refresh is fine for a TV, but not very good for a monitor. The resolution is terrible for a monitor and not worthwhile for a TV. If you're going to be buying an HDTV, you might as well pony up a little more and go with something that is future proof. You can get a 37" 1080p set for 700-800 very easily these days.

If this is not going to be your main TV and future proofing is not an issue, then this is an ok deal. 50% off something that is already way overpriced is still not worthwhile. A quick search shows that you can pick up a 37" 720p Olevia for 699 from newegg.

True, but I did read about this TV with 1366x768 that can take 1080 signals. I assume it converts it?

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Westside said:
Strokemouth said:

True, but I did read about this TV with 1366x768 that can take 1080 signals. I assume it converts it?

DownScales.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
720P and 1080i have just about the same number of pixels per second, so 720P TV can handle 1080i fine.

1080i (Interlaced) means TV prints out 540 lines (every other line) at a time (every 1/60 seconds or 1Hz)
So at a moment you see 540 freshly projected lines and 540 lines that were projected 1/60s ago, so combine that with ghosting, you get an unpleasant experience viewing fast-changing materials if you're sensitive.
Rather stick with 720P, because 720P displays better quality picture compared to 1080i most of the time in native 720P TV.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-