Homebrew Official 5.5.X ELF Loader

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So basically when *if* full blown iosu is released this could maybe even be installed as channel? like the homebrew channel..? This is basically gonna be the new homebrew channel :)

memomo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
I renamed the boot.elf to loadiine_gx2.elf and launch it through loadiine gx2 but it doesn't work :P

josamilu

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So basically when *if* full blown iosu is released this could maybe even be installed as channel? like the homebrew channel..? This is basically gonna be the new homebrew channel :)
No. This is just a programm that launches a single elf file on a webserver. This has nothing like elf selection or elf loading from sd implemented.

memomo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country

we can already do that "partially" in 5.3.2/5.4.0

we have an elf loader from sd card coded by dimok, if he or any other interested developer build a GUI for that elf loader we will have a homebrew channel in MiiMaker app not yet as separated app, but with IOSU/EmuNAND yes we can.

Last edited by memomo,

josamilu

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So I don't know if this caused it, but I think after I used @josamilu 's link to the elf loader thing my MK8 save data got reset. Again im not sure of this. But just giving a heads up. Now I need to race all the races again... I'm on 5.5.1 BTW.
Wtf, wait I will start MK8 too and look at my save data ...

Reactions: Dylon99

josamilu

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I had it pre-installed on my Wii U and recently bought the dlc.
Maybe that it is preinstalled is the problem. I have removed the link to prevent further problems.
I also checked my other games, and smash and splatoon still have valid savedata. Smash is disk and splatoon is eshop.
I very sorry for your savdata and hope that something like this won't happen again.

Dylon99

Lord of Dank
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Maybe that it is preinstalled is the problem. I have removed the link to prevent further problems.
I also checked my other games, and smash and splatoon still have valid savedata. Smash is disk and splatoon is eshop.
I very sorry for your savdata and hope that something like this won't happen again.
Okay thanks, I guess I'm not taking any risks and running any homebrew on my Wii U for now. I should check and ask on the irc channel if its possible for something like that to happen.

Reactions: josamilu

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I am having problems compiling an elf using Cygwin. I have no problems doing the .bin files with Cygwin, it's only compiling elfs that I have a problem. I am pretty sure it is a path error, but can't resolve it for some reason. I resolved the path problem to compile the .bin files a while back, but can't do it for the elf files for some reason. I have a virtual Linux machine if I can't get it working in Cygwin, but for now I will just finish my program I am working on for the regular loader, then maybe upgrade it later to an elf when I have more time to resolve the issue or start up Virtual Box and install everything for libwiiu on there.

josamilu

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I am having problems compiling an elf using Cygwin. I have no problems doing the .bin files with Cygwin, it's only compiling elfs that I have a problem. I am pretty sure it is a path error, but can't resolve it for some reason. I resolved the path problem to compile the .bin files a while back, but can't do it for the elf files for some reason. I have a virtual Linux machine if I can't get it working in Cygwin, but for now I will just finish my program I am working on for the regular loader, then maybe upgrade it later to an elf when I have more time to resolve the issue or start up Virtual Box and install everything for libwiiu on there.
Try it with cmd if you are on windows.

eliboa

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Great Job on the ELF loader.
However I run into some issues when I try to exit out of the elf file. My Wii U just freezes when I call _Exit(); (Yes I have cleared the framebuffers before)
Code:
void(*_Exit)();
OSDynLoad_FindExport(coreinit_handle, 0, "_Exit", &_Exit);
_Exit();
No idea if the problem is within the ELF loader, or my code.
Hello Josamilu.
Why do you want to implement an exit function ? The _doExit() function in init.c works fine and execute itself at the end of your elf main function, no ? It's working for me anyway.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I guess it's because the loader doesn't find the boot.elf on the server (error 404). Is your elf file in the same directory than your payload ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-