Homebrew 5.5.4 update NNU patcher

ezi0n

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well my WiiU decided to upgrade to 5.5.4 for no known reason I thought it was blocking all updates ...

anyhow, I installed haxchi and coldboot again which worked fine but my firmware is showing 99.999E now and I can no longer access the eshop.

typically I would run NNU-patcher to do so but this doesnt seem to do the tricks either ..

I use the DNS blocking method at the moment to prevent updates using: 168.235.092.108 and 081.004.127.020

anyone can shed some light on what I am doing wrong here - its been a while ...

cheers

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Are you sure it updated to 5.5.4 if you had DNS filters? maybe the DNS server was offline (and set to "allow ALL" by default....)
never trust remote DNS IPs, they are often set to allow all when offline instead of block all, to prevent losing internet completely.

NNU is no longer needed if you are on 5.5.4, it was used to tell the console "No New Update" available, and run eshop now without checking if there's update.
now it's true, there's officially no new update, so you don't need to run that app first.

disable the DNS, and you'll probably get access to eshop.
there's no real need to block updates anymore, I don't see nintendo releasing anti hacking patches now. all 5.5.x update stopped focusing on preventing hacking and just updated certificates and legal mentions.
if you really want to add DNS back, you can, but try eshop without DNS first to see if it's the problem or not.

Last edited by Cyan,

ezi0n

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Are you sure it updated to 5.5.4 if you had DNS filters? maybe the DNS server was offline (and set to "allow ALL" by default....)
never trust remote DNS IPs, they are often set to allow all when offline instead of block all, to prevent losing internet completely.

NNU is no longer needed if you are on 5.5.4, it was used to tell the console "No New Update" available, and run eshop now without checking if there's update.
now it's true, there's officially no new update, so you don't need to run that app first.

disable the DNS, and you'll probably get access to eshop.
there's no real need to block updates anymore, I don't see nintendo releasing anti hacking patches now. all 5.5.x update stopped focusing on preventing hacking and just updated certificates and legal mentions.
if you really want to add DNS back, you can, but try eshop without DNS first to see if it's the problem or not.

thanks for the clarification and yes I had the DNS servers in the configuration as I explicitly only allow DNS from my Wii/WiiU to those DNS servers and block all others .. but I didnt know they may fall back to allow ... I'll remove the config for now and will see how it goes - auto-update was also set to "Don't Receive" hence I wondered that it did upgrade anyway ... removed the DNS servers and can connect to the eshop now might leave it as such as it doesnt seem to be an issue now - thanks again.

Last edited by ezi0n,
Reactions: Cyan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...