Homebrew 5.5.2 Wii U Update Going Crazy! MUST READ! BROWSERHAX DEAD AND MORE!

JackYak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. No, there is no actual way since you can't even access the Homebrew Channel without Browserhax.
2. Yes, if a new update is made and was made to patch that exploit then you can't reverse that.

Quick Tip: 5.5.1 still has BrowserHax I'm talking about 5.5.2
My browser updated to 5.5.2 so if I wanna get haxchi I'll have to wait for a new exploit, seeing as browserhax is the only current method to initially booting up homebrew.

yaseg123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this effect CFG Loader and nintendont?
If you are talking about the vwii then no it does not. The Homebrew Channel on the vwii or Wii will never be patched as far as I'm concerned.

The only thing is you can no longer install Homebrew Channel on vwii with wuphax. You would need a game that is exploitiable.

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you are talking about the vwii then no it does not. The Homebrew Channel on the vwii or Wii will never be patched as far as I'm concerned.

The only thing is you can no longer install Homebrew Channel on vwii with wuphax. You would need a game that is exploitiable.
Ah ok. I've never hacked the Wii U side so I guess there's no reason to worry.

yaseg123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My browser updated to 5.5.2 so if I wanna get haxchi I'll have to wait for a new exploit, seeing as browserhax is the only current method to initially booting up homebrew.
Don't forget if you want to get haxchi then you have to pay. You need a virtual console DS game to replace with Haxchi also it can not be a game gotten for free it will brick your console. There is also certain games that are exploitable by Haxchi.

JackYak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't forget if you want to get haxchi then you have to pay. You need a virtual console DS game to replace with Haxchi also it can not be a game gotten for free it will brick your console. There is also certain games that are exploitable by Haxchi.

I have Brain Age but I can't make it Haxchi without browserhax.

Last edited by JackYak,

yaseg123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last Question: I have Brain Age, but haxchi isn't installed and I can't access browserhax. Is there NO OTHER method to install haxchi other than browserhax?

I have Brain Age but I can't make it Haxchi without browserhax.

1. Yes there are other methods, but they have not been discovered. Wait a while when a new exploit releases. If you want to access Haxchi on 5.5.2 then your dead. BrowserHax is done. Only way to access Haxchi now is if you have 5.5.1.
2. Brain Age is exploitable

Last edited by yaseg123,

yaseg123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well can only hope for a new exploit to appear :/
We hope there is a new exploit. It is going to be a little harder, but if BrowserHax was not patched in earlier updates then it should be easy to find a new one. Browser exploits are mostly patched by brands and Nintendo did not spot there was a browser exploit in the Wii U. Browser exploits are one of the most simple exploits. It should be easy to find a new exploit so don't worry! :) :yayu:

Deniii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Instead of saying "Use DNS protection to prevent future updates." and be done with it, why don't you add the DNS addresses?

What you (and most people on the internet) do is like if there's a road block and the police says "You can't go this way. There's a road block" but they don't redirect the traffic and leave drivers hanging there.

yaseg123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Instead of saying "Use DNS protection to prevent future updates." and be done with it, why don't you add the DNS addresses?

What you (and most people on the internet) do is like if there's a road block and the police says "You can't go this way. There's a road block" but they don't redirect the traffic and leave drivers hanging there.
I forgot them lol.

Powerful

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone confirm that mocha CFW is working for them on rednand? I am not getting patches with mocha after update 5.5.2.

ricktendo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Honduras
A JTAG is an XBOX thing. It has nothing to do with the Wii U modding scene.
I use jtag and spi flash for everything from my modems, routers, wireless access points even digital tv tuners... So jtag is not just "an XBOX thing," if the wii u has a jtag port one could read the flash on the nand and downgrade firmware.

flo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
Friend of mine updated by accident but , to my surprise , games installed in his memory still work ? How could you explain that , since those games need Mocha to work ? He did it like.... Browserhax - Homebrew Loader - Mocha - Game

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Friend of mine updated by accident but , to my surprise , games installed in his memory still work ? How could you explain that , since those games need Mocha to work ? He did it like.... Browserhax - Homebrew Loader - Mocha - Game
You only use mocha mostly to run out of region games. So it's normal for the installed games using the brazilian method to work even if there is no sig patch.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
well can only hope for a new exploit to appear :/

Hackers already hinted that there is an exploit on the crunchyroll app.
Crunchyroll app is free and is available on US,
so I suggest you to download it before Ninety removes it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol