Hacking Question 5.1.0 OG here. Should i update my System Software or change any apps?

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is only on the Github, though. When I build a setup via their consumer facing website, I do not Atmosphere FS patches. It only uses the limited patches Hekate applies, which are not reliably applied + are not a full set of FS patches.
If Hekate doesn't reliably apply the FS patches, why haven't you opened, or someone else opened, an issue on their github about it?

Undwiz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Again sorry op. I got a switch less then two weeks ago. it was on 5.1.0. I figured out stuff on my own searches. I'm not being a jerk and saying do it your self(I tried to help you and all hell broke out LOL). I am saying some how when you ask questions this is what happens some times/a lot of times LOL. I got a modded switch on 5.1.0 with Reinx less then 2 weeks ago. in that time I figured out how to update a banned switch without burning fuses to 7.0.1 and go from Reinx to KOSMOS. at first when I updated tinfoil would not work. tried that keys.txt thing didn't work for me. found Lithium all install go great now.

1st system I modded was a OG Xbox with a Lithium ICE mod chip. done other softmod using IDE cables on PC. Modded a few wii's and U's a few ps3's a a ps4. so not new to the modding scene. before the Xbox I had a dreamcast and did the .cdi/discjuggler thing and traded dreamcast games on directconnect. yes I am a old fart LOL .. not a newb one bit--- ohh and a few 3ds and a psp

Last edited by Undwiz,
Reactions: r5xscn

Roxasorg13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Lol i got confused between all the fighting, dont fight people :( . I will try to process all the info and then i will try to make the needed procedures.
Thanks to all, i think in the end everyone just wanted to help a little!

Reactions: Undwiz

codyjo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@blahblah blah blah .. your goal is to make yourself look superior in every thread but end up showing your true knob colors each time.. Get some

@Roxasorg13 listen to the other guys in this thread. Your switch update is not hard and they have pointed you in the right direction :-)

@Undwiz that's a dope looking guitar dude!!

Last edited by codyjo,
Reactions: Undwiz

Undwiz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol i got confused between all the fighting, dont fight people :( . I will try to process all the info and then i will try to make the needed procedures.
Thanks to all, i think in the end everyone just wanted to help a little!

Yeah , Switch is still a point where we have different ways of doing thins and that brings different views and misinformation. The funny part is BLAHBLAH was basically fighting with him self LOL.

Honestly go with what I told you, other people have backed that up. Did you figure out what I meant about where to get the firmware ?

Let me know if you figured out where to get firmware.. then I will give you step by step what I did in your exact shoes less then 2 weeks ago

My Switch works flawless.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yeah , Switch is still a point where we have different ways of doing thins and that brings different views and misinformation. The funny part is BLAHBLAH was basically fighting with him self LOL.

Honestly go with what I told you, other people have backed that up. Did you figure out what I meant about where to get the firmware ?

Let me know if you figured out where to get firmware.. then I will give you step by step what I did in your exact shoes less then 2 weeks ago

My Switch works flawless.

The Item you need is FIRMWARE..... think about a classic bad guy with the word vader...... What came before vader ? add that name before vader to the item you need Via Google

Last edited by Undwiz,
Reactions: codyjo

blahblah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If Hekate doesn't reliably apply the FS patches, why haven't you opened, or someone else opened, an issue on their github about it?

Because I don't care about Hekate.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ignore him, I'm more interested with this: How unreliable is it and why is it unreliable? It works for Undwiz reliably (he said he had no problem with it). Probably will be told that I won't understand so he would not explain it lmao.

Not sure exactly why it is unreliable. I find that it doesn't apply on every boot. Maybe 1 in every 20 boots I would encounter an error when trying to run an XCI conversion. Rebooting would fix, but why bother? Just throw the real sig patches on SD.

Reactions: r5xscn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6v3cT3b59A&t=12s