Status
Not open for further replies.

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
NSPs do have the disadvantage of temporarily requiring double space (which is quite a problem with the larger games) since they have to be on there while you install.

Actually there's a workaround to the double the space if you don't mind a bit of waiting.
Suppose you need to install a 15GB game and you only happen to have 15GB left. Knowing games get installed inside the Nintendo folder on your SD card, you need to copy the extra 15GB needed off your Nintendo folder onto your PC hard drive, then delete those folders you selected from your SD card. That way you will have 30GB which you can use to install the game and copy back the folders you had moved to your PC.
It's a bit of a hassle but it will have to do until a PC installer surfaces.

That is suspiciously small. There are ROM sizes smaller than 2GB, so chances are this is another one that failed. Well, you won't know until after you install and then try it I guess.

Actually that is the real size of the game.

Jalink9406

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Noob question: Is there an advantage to installing an xci converted to nsp rather than an official nsp from CDNSP? Or is it just so you don't have to download again if you already have the xci?

Reactions: Vorde

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
Noob question: Is there an advantage to installing an xci converted to nsp rather than an official nsp from CDNSP? Or is it just so you don't have to download again if you already have the xci?

What you said and the fact that some games don't have a digital release version (NSP).

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most of the games when converted to .nsp get smaller. sometimes a couple of mbs, some other time almost a gb.

JVK

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone explain why I get the error [WARN]: Failed to match key "encrypted_header_key", every time I try to convert. BTW it worked on the very first game but fails every time now.

Bigjokker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone explain why I get the error [WARN]: Failed to match key "encrypted_header_key", every time I try to convert. BTW it worked on the very first game but fails every time now.

Hactool has changed "encrypted_header_key" to "header_key_source". So all you need to do is go into your keys file and change "encrypted_header_key" to "header_key_source".

Onsonj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’ve tried two conversions so far and both error as soon as the game starts. I’ve been able to download nsp files from the web, install and play them fine. So far i’ve tried Wild Guns and Dragon Quest Builders. I’m using reiNX, am I being dumb and missing something?

Vorde

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm having an issue transferring the converted NSP onto my SD card. Anyone else experience this?
That sounds like a computer/SD card issue. Even if they werent converted correctly or were corrupted, they should still transfer. I would recommend using some utilities to check the card

mendezagus

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Is there any tutorial for using this?? I looked around in the tutorial section but couldn´t find anything.
What is this keys.dat or keys.txt about??

Another question: is it for win 32 bits only??

Last edited by mendezagus,

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
Is there any tutorial for using this?? I looked around in the tutorial section but couldn´t find anything.
What is this keys.dat or keys.txt about??

Another question: is it for win 32 bits only??

This is a tool to convert xci (cart) games to nsp (digital version) which makes them installable on the Switch as if they were eShop (digital) games.
For the tool to work properly, it needs hactool and the keys.dat (simply rename keys.txt. it can be found on the internet or comes bundled with some tools for the Switch) file in the same folder.
Simply drag and drop your xci file onto the 4NXCI.exe file and it should convert it to nsp by renaming it with the title id of the game.
One of the benefit of the tool is that some games don't have a digital version. Another one is that instead of downloading a large game, if you happen to have the cart version of it, you will save some time.
The tool works fine on Windows 64 bits as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I agree Tears is great. I even played thru it completely twice. I've been hooked on playing thru...