Hacking (4.x only) CIA CFW Complete Guide

Kakkoii

Old fart
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm, I wonder, what if I downgraded to 4.5 CFW, installed Cubic Ninja, then switched back to 9.2. I would then be able to use homebrew through Ninjax without needing to buy the overly inflated Cubic Ninja.
Or would flashing my nand back to 9.2 somehow break the installed Cubic Ninja game?

ChrisX930

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I couldn't install the devmenu. I keep getting the update nag after triggering the cfw. Can that be the reason my 3ds never connects to the pc?
Everything seems fine. I'm using the proper ip and I've disabled all firewalls and antivirus and still doesn't connect.
Does this exploit work on 4.2? I was thinking about downgrading and trying on 4.2.
Any thoughts???

Edit....HOLY SHIT....I formatted the sysnand to get rid of the update nag and tried to install the devmenu....worked first try....AWESOME

I suggest if anyone is having issues installing the devmenu to try formatting the sysnand first...:)

How did you installed Devmenu on Sysnand? Did you used the launcher.dat from the Palantine CFW\SD Card or did you used any other?
When I try to start the exploit (installed homebrew 4.x to ds profile), the screen is flickering white and black for a second, but nothing happens after that. No reboot, nothing

taha1990

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No there is NO NEED for formatting just keep trying and it will work
I have done it in two different 3ds multiple times
my average number of try is 8

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hahahaha plz guy do not make me laugh
Only if one is leaked.
btw, how is that public softmod for the Ds/Dsi? oh right that just does not exist and those systems are near EOL. Keep waiting for those to be public. Look how long Smea took on homebrew or Gateway takes on each new update. Unless you have an up-to-date CFW sitting in your back pocket ready to release in a month, it's just not gonna happen. You would not even have what is currently available(to the public) if it weren't for a leaker.
Noted. You gotta bet big to win big ladies.

I realize that my prediction of one month incredibly unrealistic. But I've got nothing to lose, and being wrong doesn't really bother me.

If I'm right, I'll enjoy telling you both "I told you so". I'm wrong, you're welcome to rub it in my face if it makes you feel better. But as I said, being wrong doesn't bother me.

lisreal2401

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes you can. Downgraded my 9.2 console and have this working now. Follow the steps or use Devin's guide which was easier for me to read

I know I had issues installing the DevMenu so I'm writing this tutorial to show a pretty painless way of installing it.

1. Launch the GW3DS exploit so you're at the GW3DS menu. You want to dump your NAND to the SD card.

2. Backup your NAND.bin file to your PC.

3. Now you'll want to boot into the GW3DS menu again and select "Format emuNAND".

4. Once that's done go to your PC and open the NAND.bin you extracted earlier in HxD. Now here's where things get tricky. You want to copy lines going from offset 00000000 all the way to and including line 000001F0.

5. Once copied go to the beginning of the code. (To the right of where it says 00000000 under offsets.) And click Copy Insert. Once you've done that go ahead and save the NAND.bin file.

6. Almost done. Next put your SD card that you formatted emuNAND on and open up the emuNAND tool made by n1ghty. Click the option to insert emuNAND and insert the NAND.bin file you modified.

7. Now you're going to want to download the files off of GovanifY's website. Throw the files in the 3DS_Stuff folder into the root of your SD card. Extract the rest of it to your Desktop or wherever.

8. Next up you're going to want to get your DS flashcart's microSD card ready, you'll just want to throw thisfile onto it.

Alright so you think you're ready to install the DevMenu? Hope you're ready to reset your 3DS about 50 times.

1. Boot up your DS flashcart and run the NDS file you downloaded. You want to install the Homebrew Rop Loader 4X, (Not the MSETBOSS one. The other one.) Once that's done go ahead and exit to the 3DS main menu.

2. Make sure you have your SD card that you formatted emuNANDon and injected the NAND.bin in the 3DS and go to Settings->Profile->Nintendo DS Profile. Hold L when pressing Nintendo DS Profile.

3. Now your top screen should be blue, and the bottom screen should flash white for a second. If it didn't flash white then you're going to have to restart your 3DS. Keep doing step 2 until it flashes white and your 3DS reboots. (It won't give you an error.)

4. Perfect. Now that your 3DS rebooted and you're in the 3DS' main menu go to your computer. Those files you downloaded from GovanifY's website are going to come in handy. Open run.bat in Notepad and replace "IPTOMODIFY" with your 3DS' IP address. Save run.bat.

5. Now run the run.bat file. If it says it can't connect, keep trying. Eventually it should send a CIA Install command. Congrats. If it doesn't then you'll want to reboot the 3DS, and try again from step 2. (You don't have to keep editing the run.bat file. Once is enough.)

6. If it worked, turn off the 3DS. Turn it back on and do the Settings->Profile->Nintendo DS Profile exploit again except don't hold L. It make take you a few tries like it did before until the 3DS actually reboots into the menu.

7. You should see a gift box on your 3DS' main screen. If not then you might need to download something from the eShop. Which requires you to be on the latest emuNAND, connect to the eShop, download a demo, and then reinjecting your modified NAND.bin file into the SD card. (I had a backup of my SD card with demos from the eShop so I just copied that over to the SD card.) Congrats.

KeepPlanC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes you can. Downgraded my 9.2 console and have this working now. Follow the steps or use Devin's guide which was easier for me to read

I know I had issues installing the DevMenu so I'm writing this tutorial to show a pretty painless way of installing it.

1. Launch the GW3DS exploit so you're at the GW3DS menu. You want to dump your NAND to the SD card.

3. Now you'll want to boot into the GW3DS menu again and select "Format emuNAND".

4. Once that's done go to your PC and open the NAND.bin you extracted earlier in HxD. Now here's where things get tricky. You want to copy lines going from offset 00000000 all the way to and including line 000001F0.

5. Once copied go to the beginning of the code. (To the right of where it says 00000000 under offsets.) And click Copy Insert. Once you've done that go ahead and save the NAND.bin file.

6. Almost done. Next put your SD card that you formatted emuNAND on and open up the emuNAND tool made by n1ghty. Click the option to insert emuNAND and insert the NAND.bin file you modified.

7. Now you're going to want to download the files off of GovanifY's website. Throw the files in the 3DS_Stuff folder into the root of your SD card. Extract the rest of it to your Desktop or wherever.

8. Next up you're going to want to get your DS flashcart's microSD card ready, you'll just want to throw thisfile onto it.

Alright so you think you're ready to install the DevMenu? Hope you're ready to reset your 3DS about 50 times.

1. Boot up your DS flashcart and run the NDS file you downloaded. You want to install the Homebrew Rop Loader 4X, (Not the MSETBOSS one. The other one.) Once that's done go ahead and exit to the 3DS main menu.

2. Make sure you have your SD card that you formatted emuNANDon and injected the NAND.bin in the 3DS and go to Settings->Profile->Nintendo DS Profile. Hold L when pressing Nintendo DS Profile.

3. Now your top screen should be blue, and the bottom screen should flash white for a second. If it didn't flash white then you're going to have to restart your 3DS. Keep doing step 2 until it flashes white and your 3DS reboots. (It won't give you an error.)

4. Perfect. Now that your 3DS rebooted and you're in the 3DS' main menu go to your computer. Those files you downloaded from GovanifY's website are going to come in handy. Open run.bat in Notepad and replace "IPTOMODIFY" with your 3DS' IP address. Save run.bat.

5. Now run the run.bat file. If it says it can't connect, keep trying. Eventually it should send a CIA Install command. Congrats. If it doesn't then you'll want to reboot the 3DS, and try again from step 2. (You don't have to keep editing the run.bat file. Once is enough.)

6. If it worked, turn off the 3DS. Turn it back on and do the Settings->Profile->Nintendo DS Profile exploit again except don't hold L. It make take you a few tries like it did before until the 3DS actually reboots into the menu.

7. You should see a gift box on your 3DS' main screen. If not then you might need to download something from the eShop. Which requires you to be on the latest emuNAND, connect to the eShop, download a demo, and then reinjecting your modified NAND.bin file into the SD card. (I had a backup of my SD card with demos from the eShop so I just copied that over to the SD card.) Congrats.

how can i go into gatewaymode without a gw?

jarmster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How did you installed Devmenu on Sysnand? Did you used the launcher.dat from the Palantine CFW\SD Card or did you used any other?
When I try to start the exploit (installed homebrew 4.x to ds profile), the screen is flickering white and black for a second, but nothing happens after that. No reboot, nothing

no, I formatted the sysnand to clear the update nag. The devmenu is installed to the 4.5 emunand after the reboot. Just keep trying. If it doesn't reboot after 5 sec even with the white flash, restart
I used the gateway loader and Palantine launcher.dat.

videogamefanatic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, I formatted the sysnand to clear the update nag. The devmenu is installed to the 4.5 emunand after the reboot. Just keep trying. If it doesn't reboot after 5 sec even with the white flash, restart
I used the gateway loader and Palantine launcher.dat.

By gateway loader do you mean their ROP exploit (enabled through the ropmultiloader), as opposed to the homebrew loader?

I'm trying on the homebrew loader and I'm not having any luck getting ctrclient to connect.

leerz

Trophies
Website
leerz25.sitesled.com
XP
Country
Hi, can you link the original post? Thanks

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so how many people confirmed this working on a downgraded system?

i really want to try but i think ill sit back for a moment. i already backed up my SysNAND but I'm scared to play around just yet...

It seems like downgrading without a Gateway cart is safe so far.

KeepPlanC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so how many people confirmed this working on a downgraded system?

i really want to try but i think ill sit back for a moment. i already backed up my SysNAND but I'm scared to play around just yet...

It seems like downgrading without a Gateway cart is safe so far.

I just successfully downgraded and installed cfw with no problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Flame @ Flame: dont do it!