Hacking 4.2 settings menu CIA to boot gateway on luma.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 12,476
  • Replies Replies 122
D

Deleted User

Guest
I want to use MSET on luma by installing an older version of the system settings menu.
1. Is that possible?
2. If so, where can I find a 4.2 settings CIA?
 
I want to use MSET on luma by installing an older version of the system settings menu.
1. Is that possible?
2. If so, where can I find a 4.2 settings CIA?
unless ya have cfw. but at that point its useless.

thats copyright information which cannot be linked to. be it here or pms.

If you have luma. Why are you even wanting this?
 
Hmmm. With what hes wanting to do. I figure at this point is asking
1. does op want to use his system to play games after mset. and

2. Does op have good soldering skills seeing as hea likely to brick with screwing with something that he doesn't need to. Aswell as outright stating he will not ever touch a flashcart for ntrboot.

Since he already has cfw. I dont see why downgrades are needed. Gateway won't run on sysnand if its buggered and 4.2 is only going to make things worse.
 
"SYSNAND-ONLY USERS: DO NOT BOOT GW MODE ON 11.3+ - YOU WILL LOSE B9S AND BE LEFT ON A STOCK FIRMWARE
I highly advise against the use of GW on SysNAND-Only Setups." so no. and plus, my o3dsxl runs 11.13.
Gateway will not work on 11.13. You would have to make an emuNAND and downgrade it before you started. Even if you managed to get MSET to work (which I don't think is possible on a higher than 6.x firmware) this would not change - your B9S would get removed and you'd be left on a stock firmware. Plus you would have strange system titles installed, I wouldn't be surprised if it led to a brick.
 
Hmmm. With what hes wanting to do. I figure at this point is asking
1. does op want to use his system to play games after mset. and

2. Does op have good soldering skills seeing as hea likely to brick with screwing with something that he doesn't need to. Aswell as outright stating he will not ever touch a flashcart for ntrboot.

Since he already has cfw. I dont see why downgrades are needed. Gateway won't run on sysnand if its buggered and 4.2 is only going to make things worse.
How about a 4.2 emunand. (not again *sigh*)
 
Hmm, how is he planning on using Gateway with no flashcart?
He isnt hes gonna make his own rxgateway

Cant believe im pulling this out after 3 years
Nearly 4 years and people still unironically want to use a gateway emunand. What a time to be alive

NScC2Lr.png
 
Last edited by izy,
  • Like
Reactions: zoogie
He isnt hes gonna make his own rxgateway

Cant believe im pulling this out after 3 years
Nearly 4 years and people still unironically want to use a gateway emunand. What a time to be alive

NScC2Lr.png
present, my gw 11.13 emunand works well :), 3ds loading + cia install is op.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted