Hacking 4.2 settings menu CIA to boot gateway on luma.

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 9,633
  • Replies 122

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
No. I just do idiotic things out of curiosity.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I use 11.13
Do you actually own a Gateway 3DS?
Also, that doesn't really answer my question. You can make an emuNAND using GM9, downgrade that to the last supported OFW for Gateway, then boot into that using the roundabout method already posted in this thread. I am not sure why you are trying to use such an outdated method.

D

Deleted User

OP
Do you actually own a Gateway 3DS?
Also, that doesn't really answer my question. You can make an emuNAND using GM9, downgrade that to the last supported OFW for Gateway, then boot into that using the roundabout method already posted in this thread. I am not sure why you are trying to use such an outdated method.
Because FBI.3dsx only works on modern firmware Via CFW, So I thought GW.3dsx would work.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
1. I was going to eventually get a gateway 3ds.
2. I use 11.13 on luma
3. IDK. Any other questions?
Alright, but there’s still literally no reason to use such an outdated method when there are better methods

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Fuck my life he doesn't have a gateway

Man this guy is quality content

Why do you need a 3dsx of FBI

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Basically, can I get gateway ultra running on 11.13 luma?
No.
Gateway 3DS is another CFW that allows reading from the microSD card from the Gateway 3DS cart. Luma3DS does not have any affiliation with Gateway 3DS.
Please, I can not stress enough, stop. You are going to brick your 3DS.

Reactions: Alexander1970

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
But HOW do I make an EmuNand with gm9?
At this point I don't care anymore what will happen with your 3DS and/or your games and/or save data. Congratulations: Nobody has brought me to this point before.

Directly after starting GodMode9

(Home)-button → More…SD format menuRedNAND size (min)Auto → [enter a label if you want] → [random code on screen to confirm SD formatting and therefore wiping all data].

nolimits59

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Never seen such a retarded thread...

I never installed B9S on my 3DS and keeped my 3DS with themehax and Luma (because i don't play with it too much anymore), and yet, i find this retarded, this really put things in perpsective... (And i own a Gateway also lol)

D

Deleted User

OP
At this point I don't care anymore what will happen with your 3DS and/or your games and/or save data. Congratulations: Nobody has brought me to this point before.

Directly after starting GodMode9

(Home)-button → More…SD format menuRedNAND size (min)Auto → [enter a label if you want] → [random code on screen to confirm SD formatting and therefore wiping all data].
So from there, how do I boot, downgrade the EmuNand to 11.2 or 11.1, and run GW.3dsx?

Last edited by ,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
So from there, how do I boot, downgrade the EmuNand to 11.2 or 11.1, and run GW.3dsx?
1. You can find an 9.2 ctrtransfer file and do a ctrtransfer on the emuNAND, then find 11.2 update files and use sysupdater to update it to 11.2.
2. Get a new console that does not have B9S that is on 11.2 or less and use a homebrew entrypoint to launch it, OR, downgrade your sysNAND to 11.2 or less, do the test included in uninstalling B9S that tests what your console will be like after uninstalling B9S, and run it from a userland homebrew entrypoint. You won't find any more in depth instructions that than since it is pure madness.

If you figure it out please let us know the results - I'm assuming a brick of some kind, or just a lot of trouble for nothing.

P.S. If you don't have a Gateway red card even if it works all you're going to get is the dragon menu, you won't be able to get into Gateway mode at all.

Last edited by Quantumcat,
Reactions: izy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...