Hacking 4.0 Update Process for Hard Mods

kid sampson

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently on 3.2 with a D2Pro chip installed. That covers playing discs from the disc channel.
On 3.2 I use Starfall for region free gaming and channels and to bypass the disc updates.

I would like to update to 4.0 and retain the functions I have on 3.2.
I know there are various tutorials here, but am uncertain if having a hard mod introduces additional considerations before updating.

The Homebrew Channel is installed. So is wadmanager, although it's one of the earlier versions.

Questions:

1) Is the update process the same for those with a modchip?
2) What version of Wadmanager should I install before updating to be able to install wads on 4.0?
3) Is it as simple as using downgrader and choosing 4.0, or will I need to use a patched ISO60 still?

Thank you. Longtime Wii user here, but lately have been out of the loop. Lots of applications to keep up with and much harder to find information for disc users with all the usb loader issues being discussed in the forums.

kid sampson

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks assassda. So on that guide, I need to do steps 1-7 (since I'll want to replace starfall with preloader), including installing cIOS36 rev10, and I'll be good to go?
And if I want to load trucha signed games will I need to replace one of the steps with the new firmware downgrader or use that in addition to the guide?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.