Hacking 3ds xl updated emunand using rom now black screen of death

blaster99999

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi all hope someone can point me in the right direction , ive justed installed new gateway 2.6 and updated emunand from smash bro eu , ive a 3ds xl uk version , all went well 3ds reset but powered back up with just blue light showing and no screen output, tried pulling battery no difference tried with gw card and sd card out no difference anyone got any ideas??

mvmiranda

Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
hi all hope someone can point me in the right direction , ive justed installed new gateway 2.6 and updated emunand from smash bro eu , ive a 3ds xl uk version , all went well 3ds reset but powered back up with just blue light showing and no screen output, tried pulling battery no difference tried with gw card and sd card out no difference anyone got any ideas??

If you tried to update 8.1 (SSB) emunand to 9.3 via internet, GW 2.6 launcher isn't compatible with that system version.

Recreate your emunand and stay at 8.1 until GW releases a compatible Launcher.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
i hope you have a nand backup :S

im guessing you must not of actually set up emunand, if you update in gateway mode without setting up emunand you pretty much brick your system.....only way to restore is if you have a nand dump backup

blaster99999

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you tried to update 8.1 (SSB) emunand to 9.3 via internet, GW 2.6 launcher isn't compatible with that system version.

Recreate your emunand and stay at 8.1 until GW releases a compatible Launcher.
no ive not tried to update to 9.3 , ive updated my emunand using a rom to 8.1 , wifi was turned off and now the 3ds xl will not boot to any screen not even home screen with the gw removed

blaster99999

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I copied gw 2.6 launcher on to 3ds sd card , I copied super smash bro eu to micro sd card ( ive a uk 3ds xl) I then went through to dsprofile and held the up cursor , I loaded the super smash bro rom it asked to update fw which I completed the 3ds reset and now just getting black screen?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I copied gw 2.6 launcher on to 3ds sd card , I copied super smash bro eu to micro sd card ( ive a uk 3ds xl) I then went through to dsprofile and held the up cursor , I loaded the super smash bro rom it asked to update fw which I completed the 3ds reset and now just getting black screen?
ok so no formatting emunand....basically getting a hardware mod done and restoring a 4.x nand dump is the only option you have to get your system working again
That's weird.. can you actually update the emuNAND from a ROM? I though GW blocked the partition
yeah you can by holding up when entering gateway mode.......i was under the assumption this only worked if you had emunand set up....i guess not though

Arnold0

Trophies
Website
arnold0.com
XP
Country
France

You did not create emunand, and updating in GW mode without emunand -> Brick.
Only way to recover is hardmod and flashing back your nand backup.
Edit :ninja:'d

D

Deleted-355425

so what he did was not setup an emunand and run it before he updated from the ROM ?

blaster99999

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yes u can update emunand from a rom u hold up on dpad while u launch the hack then choose the rom same region and load , with wifi off this is suppose to be less riskas u have to be in gw mode to load a rom

Kylecito

eats warnings for breakfast
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
what would of been the correct steps for what he wanted to do.

Hold L while touching DS profile, Format emuNAND, wait for the format, restart console, go into GW mode again, be sure you're in emuNAND (by moving an icon or something and comparing that with your realnand) and only then updating

Reactions: mvmiranda
D

Deleted-355425

Hold L while touching DS profile, Format emuNAND, wait for the format, restart console, go into GW mode again, be sure you're in emuNAND (by moving an icon or something and comparing that with your realnand) and only then updating
how do you choose to boot into sysnand or emunand and when do you do it to pick one?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :) +1