3DS XL black screen after waking from sleep

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by mrolive, Jan 25, 2015.

1. mrolive
    OP

mrolive GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 14, 2014
    Canada
    Using a Sky3DS and sometimes when I put my 3DS on sleep mode when a game is playing and re-open the 3DS, the screen will just be black - sometimes with sound and sometimes without. The only way out is to hold the power button down. Is this just a Sky3DS problem?

2. mrolive
    OP

Jul 14, 2014
    Canada
    It only does this with the Sky

3. bache

bache GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 28, 2009
    Just a wild guess, but perhaps it's a slow microSD card? I have a similar issue with my Gateway, where if I close the system while in emuNAND, upon re-opening it, it'll take 5 or so seconds to come back to life. I'm only using a class 4 card with mine.

4. mrolive
    OP

Jul 14, 2014
    Canada
    Hmmmm could be it, I have a class 4 lexar in there and I'm getting a class 10 next week. I'll try with the class 10 and see if that helps.

5. Redirr

Redirr X11 Extreme.

Dec 4, 2014
    Brazil
    São Paulo, Brazil

I don't think so. I've got the same problem here.

My 3DS XL It's a OFW 4.5 With Emunand always upto date and when I close the display (StandBy) Sometimes, but not always It's just black Screen Untill I shut Down and Restart all over again
    Also I got a OFW 9.2 3DS with Emunand Updated ( 9.4 ) same problem occurred
    Gateway's MicroSd Card's Inserted it's a 64 Sandisk ULTRA and the Microsd to SD one When Emunand Lies it's a 32GB Sandisk Ultra also for the OFW 4.5 one and the OFW 9.2 Device it's a MicroSd to SD Kingstom 32GB ( A normal card not especial )

And HOW ABOUT THE BATTERY? If i left my PSvita in standby mode for days the battery steel alive. But my 3DS XL can't take 2 days before runs out.

6. mrolive
    OP

Jul 14, 2014
    Canada
    Maybe it's the flashcarts? idk