3DS XL backlight issue top screen

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by rokko, Sep 1, 2016.

1. rokko
    OP

rokko Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 1, 2016
    Hi
    im hoping for some help as to what the problem is.i bought this 3ds xl it was described as faulty
    in that the top screen was dim i thought that the screen was faulty so bought a new one only to find
    the same problem screen still dim the backlight is there working but very dim.so next i tried the ribbon cable that supplies the speakers the 3d switch etc but that made no difference.
    is there anything else i can try help greatly appreciated included some pics

Attached Files:

2. vb_encryption_vb

vb_encryption_vb That hardmod guy....

Nov 21, 2015
    United States
    Acworth, GA
    Clean the contacts with rubbing alcohol.

3. rokko
    OP

rokko Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 1, 2016
    Hi
    thanks for the reply have tried your suggestion but the screen remains the same.if i move the 3d slider up it will brighten the screen slightly
    i was wondering is the backlight supplied through the main ribbon cable that connects top lcd to motherboard or is through the two smaller ribbon cables
    at the side that connect to speaker/3d ribbon cable or could there be a component failure or short to ground ?

4. CMDreamer

CMDreamer GBAtemp Regular

Oct 29, 2014
    Mexico
    You will need to disassemble the 3DS XL to find out. If the ribbon cables are loose, just reseat them.

5. Mechageo

Mechageo Member

Newcomer
    Feb 17, 2015
    United States
    Utah
    They said they tested a replacement screen. The system's already been disassembled enough to verify it's not the screen itself.

Unfortunately, I'm not any help with this either.