ROM Hack 3DS Video Converter

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You put them on your SD card and play them in the official gallery on the 3DS (where you would view pictures and videos taken with the 3DS camera).

I'm assuming you just mean on the root of the sd right?
no, in the folder where pictures and videos taken with the 3DS camera go.

You put them on your SD card and play them in the official gallery on the 3DS (where you would view pictures and videos taken with the 3DS camera).

I don't have an official "gallery" on the 3ds menu. Only Nintendo video

dunno what its actually called, it might not be gallery, but wherever it is you go to see pictures and videos taken with the 3DS camera. it may be part of the camera app.

NekuSoul

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@Kafluke:
Place the Avi File into "DCIM\100NIN03" on your SD Card (the second folder can be named a bit different).
Start the Camera (not with the L/R button, i mean the button) and look at your photos/videos taken.
To do this you need the latest Firmware Update for your 3DS.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I gotta come clean with everyone and admit to the world what an idiot I am.

I discovered to what extent the idiocy has infected me when I retraced my steps through this whole thread and through all the guides online to see where I went wrong. Then I asked myself, "Self, how would the 3ds even know that there is a video on the microsd card sitting in the R4 adapter? It hasn't even loaded the R4 software yet!" That's when I decided to feel around the casing and lo and behold I discovered the actual SD card that you all have been referencing this whole time.

So yes, I had no clue that the 3DS came with an SD slot and a 2gb card. :blink:

Rat.2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What determine the date of the file?
I placed three 3D video downloaded today on my SD card, and two of them are placed into 01/01/1900 slot, even if the file's date is today on my computer :wacko:
Maybe there's an internal date in the video file?

http://3dbrew.org/wiki/SD_Filesystem
Scroll down to the bottom and read the section headered Private

apparently the file which would be keeping the record of when you took what files in unencrypted
maybe you could edit it so your video's werent taken in the year 1900

NekuSoul

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
And updated again. Only minor changes, may increase compatibility for certain videos. Full change log at Filetrip.

nightfireblaze8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
please help....i'm trying to convert a 20 minutes video but only the first 10 minutes get converted and i get a net framework error...i have installed net framework 4

NekuSoul

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
please help....i'm trying to convert a 20 minutes video but only the first 10 minutes get converted and i get a net framework error...i have installed net framework 4
Are you sure there is only one file (the Files gets automatically splitted into 10 minute Parts)
And when do you get the Framework Error? During the Conversion?
Can you post your Error and your OS?

nightfireblaze8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I'm trying to convert one .mkv file which is 20 minutes. After the first 10 minutes get converted I get a net framework error and I don't see the file for the second 10 minutes. I'm using a Windows 7 x64.

NekuSoul

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
OK, can you post the Error log so I can see which Error Exception occurs?
I will try it by myself now and look if I can reproduce this somehow...

Edit: Oh, I forgot to ask: Are you trying to convert a 2D or a 3D Video?

harry_merkin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are we allowed suggestions? A progress bar in the actual software GUI would be nice. I don't have Windows 7, so I don't have the option of 'progress-bar in taskbar'.

NekuSoul

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have another problem....I want to convert a video which has subtitles in it but when I convert it with your converter I can't see the subtitles.....
Since the Nintendo 3DS doesn't support subtitles and "FFmpeg" doesn't support hardcoding this is a feature I really wanted to have in but failed implementing it without converting the Video three times in a row, and without having any bugs. Hardcoding a Video is so f***ing hard to do because of all the tools you need to have (MKV Toolnix, Avisynth, Virtual Dub Mod). If you really want to convert those videos just google how to hardcode subs.

Are we allowed suggestions? A progress bar in the actual software GUI would be nice. I don't have Windows 7, so I don't have the option of 'progress-bar in taskbar'.
Sure you can make suggestions. But since Version 2.0 the Converter HAS a progressbar (as you can see on the screenshots). The only thing is that it don't show the Progress of one Video. It shows only how much Videos are already converted.

Oh, and for all those who think my Converter is awesome:
Thanks, and if you want to help me you can share this Converter with others so it gets more Attention.

NekuSoul

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
can this convert red/cyan videos?
btw great job,many thanks
Thanks for your thanks :)
To answer your Question:
No, because it's impossible to split it into 2 streams. (even if this would be possible there would be a HUGE quality-loss)
But if you're talking about 3D-Youtube-Vid's: Yes, you can download and convert them.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying