ROM Hack 3DS Video BETA

Spidey_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm coding an alternate app for this, hopefully more complete and useful. What settings should I support?
What I support so far:
2D/3D(SBS and top-bottom)
Video quality (1-32)
Audio bitrate
Fps
Custom scripts (default using ffmpeg currently)

My 3DS is currently under RMA, I should receive it by Wednesday (I hope!). I count on you on testing the videos.

Any more options I should support? The custom scripts part is to support other encoding software, like avisynth or virtualdub.

Stylpe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
For people who has gotten this to work. Does the video show up instantly on you system or do you have to wait for it to refresh. Before you see it in your current dated folder.

Never mind I took my 3DS a while to refresh, but I got the video to show up. Monster Hunter TRiG opening on my 3DS hell yeah!

Mine is taking an extremely long time to refresh, is there a trick to it? I've seen it do it a couple of times, sometimes within a few seconds, but I've been sitting here for 5 minutes now. I give every new video a new name, which is the same as the previous + 1

On another note, I think I figured out a ffmpeg command to convert directly in one pass. It looks okay in VLC, but I can't test it on the 3DS because of the aforementioned problem. This is in a bat-file, hence the %1 for the video you drop on it. The only thing it doesn't do is split.

Code:
ffmpeg -y -i %1 -s 800x240 -aspect 2:1 -r 20 -vcodec mjpeg -qscale 1 -map 0 -map 0:v -filter:v:0 crop=400:240:0:0 -filter:v:1 crop=400:240:400:0 -acodec libmp3lame -ar 44100 -ab 96k -ac 2 "VID.avi"

Edit: This is for side by side videos. I'll make a top-bottom one when I confirm it works.

I have no idea I just left it open, and waited for it to happen. I have a large numbers of pics on there so it did take a while.

It's because the avi file produced is wrong. I converted a clip using the old method and it picked it up right away. I'll fiddle some more with it.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
I would like to see a step by step guide for converting 3d blu-ray video or 3d mkv (h264 AVC video) to 3ds format. Especially blu-ray video (yes, I have anydvd-hd).

Spidey_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
That's a LONG shot. You'll have first to extract the video and audio, mux then in a mkv with a single audio and video stream (just to make the final process easier), and then you'll have to run the scripts here to produce the final 3DS compatible .avi.

amzg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Stylpe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I've got the single line command correct now, the audio codec was wrong and the output filename has to be all caps.

Side by side:
Code:
ffmpeg -y -i %1 -s 800x240 -aspect 2:1 -r 20 -vcodec mjpeg -qscale 1 -map 0 -map 0:v -filter:v:0 crop=400:240:0:0 -filter:v:1 crop=400:240:400:0 -acodec adpcm_ima_wav -ar 44100 -ac 2 "VID_000.AVI"
Top-bottom (untested):
Code:
ffmpeg -y -i %1 -s 400x480 -aspect 2:1 -r 20 -vcodec mjpeg -qscale 1 -map 0 -map 0:v -filter:v:0 crop=400:240:0:0 -filter:v:1 crop=400:240:0:240 -acodec adpcm_ima_wav -ar 44100 -ac 2 "VID_000.AVI"

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
SifJar, can you add the option in the GUI to manage the number of cores that ffmpeg can use? Because it supports it when i use it on the command line.

Why can't you just do that through Task Manager? Right-click, Set Affinity
ffmpeg ignores that.
it's set to all cores by default there, but it still uses only 1 core.
you really have to tell ffmpeg to use multiple cores.

JacobW.Copeland

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I'm using v0.22 (trying to convert a 3D video), and getting "This file is not supported, it cannot be displayed" when I get to the 3DS video display menu.
It's probably got to do with the fact that the converter is spitting out videos which are 400x240 rather than 480x240 (

CompC

Trophies
Website
josh.birnholz.com
XP
Country
United States
The newest version still doesn't work. The 3DS says it can't be played.

Also, if I choose to save the video anywhere other than the desktop the file is never actually saved. This is in every version so far.

JacobW.Copeland

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
The newest version still doesn't work. The 3DS says it can't be played.

Also, if I choose to save the video anywhere other than the desktop the file is never actually saved. This is in every version so far.
That might be your own problem. I can save the videos anywhere, but i've been saving them to My Documents.

JacobW.Copeland

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
much faster
Yup.
Now back to...

I'm using v0.22 (trying to convert a 3D video), and getting "This file is not supported, it cannot be displayed" when I get to the 3DS video display menu.
It's probably got to do with the fact that the converter is spitting out videos which are 400x240 rather than 480x240 (

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/_4oRbWv0veA?si=rOKCuNsE0oUCvEwa