Hacking 3DS update version 9.6.0-24 out now

nccom

Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
Doesn't the GW card have some kind of eprom emulation for card1 games (I recall they at one point in time had saves stored on the gateway card instead of the system SD card).

I would imagine they could add a special update where you can put it in "Sky3DS" mode where it basically behaves like a Sky3DS...Only it can be updated and could truly be unblockable. Sky3DS users are stuck in this illusion that their card will remain unblocked forever and trust me it won't. They built their house on the edge of a cliff and won't realize it until it's too late. :P
Gateway card does have eeprom for temporate save storage for card1 games.
As for updating it to behave like sky3ds...maybe its possible, maybe not - we just don't know. And sky3ds could be using updatable FPGA too.

Reactions: Margen67

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, are you saying that if you booted into Gateway mode, took the micro SD out of the Gateway and into the Sky, the Sky would function just like the Gateway?

No, I'm saying if you run gateway's diagnostic with a sky card instead of a gateway card it passes the micro sd test and a couple others. Haven't tried that though...

Codename

GREEN BRO IS BEST BRO
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No, I'm saying if you run gateway's diagnostic with a sky card instead of a gateway card it passes the micro sd test and a couple others. Haven't tried that though...
Does that mean you could boot into Gateway mode using a Sky3DS flashcard?

CIAwesome526

Im ugly and im proud
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fun fact, the fact that Sky passes tests that normal game carts don't pass is closely related to one of the many ways it's detectable. Take it from me, if anyone.
you had to put it out there! now nintendo is going to add some cartridge check in 9.7 that checks to see if the cartridge passes those tests, and if it does then the cart is blocked.:angry:

wait, no! i dont care! i use a gateway! :yaynds:
#Gateway4Evar #StupidSky #selfie #SoNotPhotoshopped #SkyShouldDie #Gateway4EVAR #Gateway4EEEVVVAAARRRRRRRRR

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you had to put it out there! now nintendo is going to add some cartridge check in 9.7 that checks to see if the cartridge passes those tests, and if it does then the cart is blocked.:angry:

wait, no! i dont care! i use a gateway! :yaynds:

There's no way they haven't known how to detect it for a long time already. It's suuuper likely 9.6 already detects it and stores that as a flag or something, though that's purely conjecture since I haven't personally looked into 9.6 much beyond decryption hax.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV8dBxGdNxk