Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
RoyalCardMan said:
Well, that was when I was being kind of dularius(I am just waking up).

Well, I got SOMETHING out of the hex coding. I have been inspecting it. This is going to take a LONG time.

Enjoy wasting your time discovering nothing.

RoyalCardMan

DS App Studio™ Developer
Trophies
Website
www.awsomisoft.com
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the encouragement there.

EDIT: IF you don't have confidence, watch this.

So, I picked the first file, which is 00000000, which is a binary code. Now, here is how to understand what it is in Hex.

First, split each column into 4, for example, 00000000 would be 0000 0000. Now, to turn them into Hex. The thing is 0000 always equals 0 in hex, so simply 0000 0000 would just be 00 in Hex form(For other types, this would be different.

So, now onto the first hex of the file. So, to I took a look at the binary of the first hex of the file. Now, look at it this way. The binary of the first hex was 00000010. Now, to convert it into Hex, I would have to split it in half(since it is 8, and half of 8 is 4), so it would look like 0000 0010. Now, of course 0000 is 0. Now, to look at 0010. 0010 in Hex would simply be 02. Now, if you were to group both sides together, it would be 002, but a hex can only be two digits, so since the 0 at the beginning is not needed, it would be 02, which is the first hex.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RoyalCardMan, you're going about this the entirely wrong way. You're making assumptions that you understand what's going on, and you're making justification based on those assumptions.

You're not going to find out anything doing that. You're just going to make-believe you're doing something that's gonna help. Rather than observing and understanding, you're trying to make sense of what you're looking at--that's one of the worst ways to understand something, when you're making up explanations.

Reactions: 1 person

Anacobra

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Celice said:
RoyalCardMan, you're going about this the entirely wrong way. You're making assumptions that you understand what's going on, and you're making justification based on those assumptions.

You're not going to find out anything doing that. You're just going to make-believe you're doing something that's gonna help. Rather than observing and understanding, you're trying to make sense of what you're looking at--that's one of the worst ways to understand something, when you're making up explanations.

Guys I see no reason in trying to discourage him. Just let him do his own thing, it's not hurting anyone.

sychotix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RoyalCardMan said:

So, I picked the first file, which is 00000000, which is a binary code. Now, here is how to understand what it is in Hex.

First, split each column into 4, for example, 00000000 would be 0000 0000. Now, to turn them into Hex. The thing is 0000 always equals 0 in hex, so simply 0000 0000 would just be 00 in Hex form(For other types, this would be different.

So, now onto the first hex of the file. So, to I took a look at the binary of the first hex of the file. Now, look at it this way. The binary of the first hex was 00000010. Now, to convert it into Hex, I would have to split it in half(since it is 8, and half of 8 is 4), so it would look like 0000 0010. Now, of course 0000 is 0. Now, to look at 0010. 0010 in Hex would simply be 02. Now, if you were to group both sides together, it would be 002, but a hex can only be two digits, so since the 0 at the beginning is not needed, it would be 02, which is the first hex.

That is all binary, not hex. Hex is base 16, binary is base 2.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anacobra said:
Celice said:

Guys I see no reason in trying to discourage him. Just let him do his own thing, it's not hurting anyone.
Maybe not, but remember that this is a community forum, every post affects someone, somehow. This may not be hurting anyone, but it's probably annoying the masses, which I think is reason enough to discourage him.

I won't discourage him however, I'll just sit back and watch, remaining neutral.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
RoyalCardMan said:

I admire your spirit, but I'll just say this:

You're looking at encrypted files (and btw, even if they were decrypted, if you want to find any meaning in those, you should be DISASSEMBLING them, not just hex-editing them) and trying to find some sense in it.

That's like trying to translate Egyptian hieroglyphs from an old tablet where a child has scribbled on mindlessly.

They're scrambled, apparently meaningless numbers, and that's what they will always remain if we don't find the right Key to decrypt them.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RoyalCardMan said:
Well, prove me wrong or not, but isn't Hex a basic translation of Binary?
Kind of. Binary is more for machines, Hexidecimal is made so that humans can understand it, sort of like a translation of some illegible language.

RoyalCardMan

DS App Studio™ Developer
Trophies
Website
www.awsomisoft.com
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
RoyalCardMan said:
Sorry if I am ticking everybody off. I might as well take this somewhere else.
Why? I don't see any reason to as long as you truly know what you're talking about.
Well, in that case I guess I'll keep at it.

Well, as raulpica said, I am breaking it down bit by bit, and it seems I am getting somewhere.

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
RoyalCardMan said:
machomuu said:
RoyalCardMan said:
Why? I don't see any reason to as long as you truly know what you're talking about.

Well, as raulpica said, I am breaking it down bit by bit, and it seems I am getting somewhere.

He said you were essentially not going to get anywhere. How you interpreted his post that way, I'll never know. Also, you have clearly demonstrated that you have no clue how people go about system hacking several times. You're just shoveling through code, not even knowing what you're looking at, trying to find who knows what while posting random, useless info trying to do the impossible task of proving yourself right.

RoyalCardMan

DS App Studio™ Developer
Trophies
Website
www.awsomisoft.com
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
RoyalCardMan said:
machomuu said:
RoyalCardMan said:

He said you were essentially not going to get anywhere. How you interpreted his post that way, I'll never know. Also, you have clearly demonstrated that you have no clue how people go about system hacking several times. You're just shoveling through code, not even knowing what you're looking at, trying to find who knows what while posting random, useless info trying to do the impossible task of proving yourself right.
Well, if I didn't know what I was looking at, I wouldn't be trying to make sense of everything. Now, why does everybody think I am going no where. And no I am not asking how to do everything. I know what I am doing.

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
RoyalCardMan said:
Nathan Drake said:
RoyalCardMan said:
machomuu said:
RoyalCardMan said:

Well, if I didn't know what I was looking at, I wouldn't be trying to make sense of everything. Now, why does everybody think I am going no where. And no I am not asking how to do everything. I know what I am doing.

You assume you know what you are doing. Assumptions are dangerous things, as they are generally never, ever correct. By the by, staring at code and moving shit around isn't understanding. In that respect, we are all coding geniuses if that's what you consider having an understanding.

Of course, you know what they say about assumptions. When you assume, you just make an "ass" out of "u" and "me."

ferret7463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You just keep up what you are doing RoyalCardMan. These forums are full of Nay sayers on every thing. At least you are trying to figure it out. Those who bash, most likely have little or no idea on where to start. They just sit and wait for some one else to do the work.

RoyalCardMan

DS App Studio™ Developer
Trophies
Website
www.awsomisoft.com
XP
Country
United States
So, I am considering it dangerous to have an assumption that you are all coding geniuses.
closedeyes.gif

I just find it quite insulting that you say just to give up. I am not that kind of person, and I don't see why all people should accept that kind of attitude.

And, no I am not moving things around. I know that would be a very stupid idea.

And, if your such a genius, why don't you start helping with the project instead of telling others to give up.

So, I will continue trying to hack the Nintendo 3DS, and no one is going to stop me.

Edit: Thank you all who have supported me. I appreciate the kind of support from people.

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
And try is all you will ever be able to do. Enjoy wasting your time and don't flood the forum with the BS. I, among others, would prefer not to be inundated with your lack of progress.

sychotix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ferret7463 said:
You just keep up what you are doing RoyalCardMan. These forums are full of Nay sayers on every thing. At least you are trying to figure it out. Those who bash, most likely have little or no idea on where to start. They just sit and wait for some one else to do the work.

No. I am in college for computer science, and have done a bit of hacking (only software, not hardware). He will likely get nowhere unless he, himself, is a computer. As someone else said previously, he would need to disassemble the code if he is to truely try and reverse it, since the code is likely translated into machine code for the 3ds (if not, some sort of psudo-code for interpretation by some sort of software on the 3DS). I would not think that there would be any reason for the file itself to hold the decryption key. It is probably stored on the 3DS itself, which is probably behind some other sort of encryption. The chances of finding any sort of thing that is useful without having the decryption key is fairly slim.

Never-the-less, goodluck. I suggest you do a little bit more research on how computers work before you even attempt to do something of this magnitude, but that's just my opinion.

P.S. knowing how to translate numbers in hex/binary to decimal is not understanding it. Could you really tell that the hex code "0x41" is meant to be read as an ASCII character? (translates to A according to an online converter, too lazy to confirm on ascii table).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
    +1