TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I took ridiculously good care of my 3DS. I cleaned it every time I noticed dirt on the screen, and was very careful when using it. I STILL managed to get the top screen scratches. So I don't think it's completely a result of user abuse.
Unless someone is purposely rubbing their stylus or fingernails all over the top screen, or slamming the screen shut as hard as they possibly can, I can't imagine how it's user-abuse at all. It's perfectly understandable to expect a device to be able to tolerate typical use of a portable, such as closing the screen at a normal speed or keeping it in your pocket. Imagine if your iPhone or Android got scratches (seriously bad ones, not barely noticeable ones) just from keeping it in your pocket? There would be an uproar fo customer complains. You shouldn't have to buy a special accessory (id est, screen protectors) just to keep your device from getting damaged by typical use, IMO. And if you are, they should come free with the device, preinstalled.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I got my 3DS since launch day and well, it did get the scratches, however my console was still under warranty so I went to the store where I had purchased it, and sent it to warranty, showing the scratches on the screen and explaining why it happened.

I sent it around the day this thread was started, on the 8th I think, I got it back yesterday, they didn't touch my software, all my games, folders, demos, everything was intact, even my mii's and my puzzles, only thing that was off was the date and time, but I fixed that. Also, thanks to sending my 3DS fixing I got a spotpass from germany, some female mii called Nikole, I believe it was the person that fixed my 3DS, because if that I got an achievement for having mii's from 3 different countries.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
this is one of the reasons i waited for the second version of the 3DS, that ended up being the 3DS XL
Mine is a launch unit, and I just got a new screen, still shiny unlike the new ones (that have the yellow tint and are of a worse quality than the first ones), not to mention they added large bumpers so the console no longer touches the bottom, all the recent models of the 3DS have that issue fixed, that includes the new colors.

Reactions: 1 person

BenRK

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're going to charge me $55 for the repair... Is there something you guys aren't telling me?

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
They're going to charge me $55 for the repair... Is there something you guys aren't telling me?
Did they say your warrantee is up? At any rate, that's ridiculous... I've heard mixed stories from the people who have tried to get repairs. Some say it was free, some say they charge for it

BenRK

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I decided to go a different route. My 3DS has a dead pixel smack dab in the middle of the top screen. It gets... VERY distracting. They will look at it for free, hopefully they will fix the scratches as well. And my 3DS is still inside it's year and a quarter warranty.

So what should I keep? The SD card and whatever game is in it I assume? And I should perhaps take the screen protector off?

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, I decided to go a different route. My 3DS has a dead pixel smack dab in the middle of the top screen. It gets... VERY distracting. They will look at it for free, hopefully they will fix the scratches as well. And my 3DS is still inside it's year and a quarter warranty.

So what should I keep? The SD card and whatever game is in it I assume? And I should perhaps take the screen protector off?
My understanding is they tell you to take out all peripherals... stylus, game, sd card, etc.

And that's ridiculous. Idk why they're being inconsistent about which repairs are free and which aren't.

BenRK

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright. Well, I'll do that when I get the shipping label. My printer is currently busted, so I'm having them mail one out to me. Should be here.... I want to say Wednesday or Thursday. Huzzah for living a short drive away from Seattle!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/rMHTo4sAYKA?si=UTMogWR09JOPIPF_