3DS Title Key DB Stats Website

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by The Real Jdbye, Jun 10, 2016.

?

What other information should I add to the details page? (hidden on small screens/windows)

1. Retail Availability (Download/Retail/Both)

38 vote(s)
    52.8%
  2. Publisher

18 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Genre

14 vote(s)
    19.4%
  4. Rating (ESRB etc)

9 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. Star Rating (user ratings)

17 vote(s)
    23.6%
  6. Release Date (eShop/Retail)

33 vote(s)
    45.8%
  7. Price (eShop/Retail) - Only available for certain unreleased games it seems

12 vote(s)
    16.7%
  8. I don't care

5 vote(s)
    6.9%
  9. it's best the way it is.

3 vote(s)
    4.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. The Real Jdbye
    OP

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    A couple of days ago I made this:
    http://3ds.jdbye.com/

It's a tool to list the overall completion of the 3DS title key database, as well as list the games in the database and games missing from the database. Both for curiosity and for those wanting to know how the title key/ticket method of installing games compares to the other methods of downloading 3DS games.
    I figured it fits under utilities, but if it doesn't, then mods feel free to move this.

I'll paste the FAQ here just for information:
    Edit:

I'm also planning to add a graph so everyone can see how things improve over time. In fact the database functionality for this is already implemented, it just needs to be added to the website.

I might also add more information to the details page.
    I have all of this information available:
    Retail Availability (Download/Retail/Both), Publisher, Genre, Rating (ESRB etc), Star Rating (ratings by users), Release Date (eShop/Retail), Price eShop/Retail (Only available for certain unreleased titles it seems)

Anyone think I should add any of this information to the details page and if so which ones?
    They would be hidden if the screen/window is too small, so don't worry about the page getting too cluttered on mobile phones or tablets.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye, Jun 11, 2016
  2. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    This is nice thank you for this

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

3. Woody8275

Woody8275 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 4, 2013
    Quite interesting to see how much of the 3ds title keys have been dumped

4. The Real Jdbye
    OP

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    For the record, yesterday US was at ~41% and today it's at about 44%, so things are definitely improving.
    I'm also planning to add a graph so everyone can see how things improve over time. In fact the database functionality for this is already implemented, it just needs to be added to the website.

I might also add more information to the details page.
    I have all of this information available:
    Retail Availability (Download/Retail/Both), Publisher, Genre, Rating (ESRB etc), Star Rating (ratings by users), Release Date (eShop/Retail), Price eShop/Retail (Only available for certain unreleased titles it seems)

Anyone think I should add any of this information to the details page and if so which ones?
    They would be hidden if the screen/window is too small, so don't worry about the page getting too cluttered on mobile phones or tablets.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye, Jun 11, 2016
  5. breaktemp

breaktemp D-Sun who was called D-Moon

Mar 17, 2008
    United States
    TSU...no.1 in tha hood
    Nice, looking forward to more JP-Region title dumps ^_^"

But wow, almost at 50% for US-Region games !

Programs like Freeshop are sure making this popular

6. The Real Jdbye
    OP

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    I was thinking I'd add freeShop to the FAQ page once it can download title keys automatically, because without that feature it's kind of a pain in the ass compared to CIAngel and TIKDevil :P

breaktemp likes this.
  7. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    It would be nice to add the least significant byte of the titleid!

8. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    how do you find all the titles in existance for a given region?
    there is a way to get all the ids for every release on the jp, usa etc store? cool.

9. DanTheMan827

DanTheMan827 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 3, 2015
    United States
    Wisconsin
    My suggestion would be to allow users to vote on missing titles and then have a "most wanted" list of games

Sinvanor likes this.
  10. SirBeethoven

SirBeethoven Happy holidays!

Nov 26, 2015
    United States
    Oh wow! Thank you so much for this! :D

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Wow they're a lot of tickets missing! :O like Chibi Robo Ziplash for USA!

11. Hking0036

Hking0036 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 15, 2015
    United States
    Are you going to include VC on here at some point?

12. Thunder Kai

Thunder Kai #TeamRem

Sep 4, 2015
    United States
    With Rem
    The details page has a error

13. Lakra

Lakra Member

Newcomer
    Mar 20, 2015
    I can't access the details page either.

14. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    This is great, @The Real Jdbye :)

Is it possible to include dsiware and be able to separate titles that are dual retail/download? Those titles are already taken care of by the scene (at least in EU/US).

15. The Real Jdbye
    OP

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    DSiWare isn't included on the Nintendo servers I'm grabbing info from. Wii U is included though, and now that a title key website for Wii U exists I will probably add support for that as well.
    Sure, separating retail/download and download only is a simple matter.

16. FF777

FF777 人を呪わば穴二つ

Nov 22, 2006
    United States
    I have some questions:

1: What is the difference between titlekey and ticket?.. Do you need both to download from eshop? or just a ticket?

2: If some one hypothetically had a .cia file of a title that is on the "missing" list, could they extract the titlekey or ticket from it? Or do .cias not contain that information?..

3: If some one purchased a title from the eshop, what steps would they hypothetically need to take to have it added to the titlekeys list website?..

Also, you might consider adding text to your site that says "Last Updated Date:" so that people know your site is showing recent stats and didn't blow up..

17. The Real Jdbye
    OP

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    1. Tickets are generated from title keys.

2. If the CIA was made with a proper tool (for example FunkyCIA and its derivatives/alternatives) then it will contain the title key. No guarantees with other tools.

3. Dump your decTitleKeys.bin with Decrypt9 and upload it to the title key DB.

I'll definitely look into adding that :)

18. FF777

FF777 人を呪わば穴二つ

Nov 22, 2006
    United States
    Thanks for your help.. I have a couple more questions too if you happen to know the answers..

1: You said in an other thread that titlekeys can be verified IF they are decrypted, which is probably why titlekeys site only lets you upload decrypted.. Which tool(s) do you use to verify with? decrypt9 some how? I'd like to weed out any invalid titles on my 3DS if possible..

2: Does encTitleKeys.bin contain titlekeys AND tickets? Or is the ticket(s) generated only after you install the titlekey(s) on to your 3DS?.. (The ticket has to be unique to your console doesn't it? Or else eshop won't let you download it?)

19. VinLark

VinLark This machine kills bourgeois sentimentality.

Jun 11, 2016
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Psychosystem Denomination
    This is pretty sweet, is there anyway we could get the titlekeys and lessen the number of missing titles?

20. FF777

FF777 人を呪わば穴二つ

Nov 22, 2006
    United States
    As far as I know (which isn't a lot), most .cia files don't have a valid titlekey, especially from that iso site.. Recently "FunkyCIA" was created, which can supposedly create legit/good .cias I think (which means that the titlekey inside of the .cia should be valid and be able to be added to the titlekey database).. But most .cias haven't been created with it so far..
    This is why I want to be able to verify my installed titlekeys some how, so that I can see if I have any games from the "missing" list on the titlekey database..

People can still install illegit/bad .cias, but that means they won't work with the eshop (like, maybe updates won't work? And you can't redownload it from eshop if you delete the title)..
    Also, I hacked some girl's 3DS for her and installed freeshop on her 3DS, but installing .cias is too complicated for her, so if a game she wants isn't on the freeshop, I have to borrow her 3DS and install it manually for her.. If a titlekey is on the "missing" list, it won't be in freeshop..

I am disappointed at the low percentage that the titlekeys database is at (especially the japanese games).. When spring/summer come, I want to try to spend loads of money to purchase some eshop games (especially japanese ones).. (I don't make income during the winter..)
    My friend plays english games on her 3DS, but I play the japanese ones, and always aggravates me in freeshop when I see a game available for USA but the jap version is missing, especially when it is a game that was made in japan.. If no one else in the world is going to purchase some of these eshop games, then I will..

Dumperpreneur, I pwned U! and VinLark like this.