3ds Price officially revealed

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
El-ahrairah said:
Oh no. $250 is way too much for a handheld, even if it wasn't the fifth version of the same handheld. (yeah yeah, blah blah 3D, herp derp) I'm pretty much done with nintendo. You might ask why? Well, look at the NDS and Wii release list, it's all garbage. I mean there was never a time when the Nintendo Seal meant quality, but geeze, way to cater to the lowest common denominator.

I'm not an Xbox or PlayStation fanboy, either. I've been with nintendo nearly all it's run, but why spend that kind of coin on something when I can get an iPod and play better games? Maybe in a few years when the price drops down to a reasonable level and if whoever is in charge of greenlighting games gets their head out of their ass and gets some decent games for it.
Garbage? Ipod better games?
rofl.gif
hahhahahaaha!I admit the price is kinda high, but saying games are all garbage and ipod games is better is just so full of fail!
rofl.gif

NoOneDies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
El-ahrairah said:
Oh no. $250 is way too much for a handheld, even if it wasn't the fifth version of the same handheld. (yeah yeah, blah blah 3D, herp derp) I'm pretty much done with nintendo. You might ask why? Well, look at the NDS and Wii release list, it's all garbage. I mean there was never a time when the Nintendo Seal meant quality, but geeze, way to cater to the lowest common denominator.

I'm not an Xbox or PlayStation fanboy, either. I've been with nintendo nearly all it's run, but why spend that kind of coin on something when I can get an iPod and play better games? Maybe in a few years when the price drops down to a reasonable level and if whoever is in charge of greenlighting games gets their head out of their ass and gets some decent games for it.
I smell sarcasm...

commdante

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
GH0ST said:
The euro price for just a revised pocket device without any game is higher than expected 249,99 € (338 US$) vs 250$ in US ... I will buy something else with my 199€.

Somewhat the same, when the PSP came out it was way too pricey for me too. I bought my first PSP (2000 was out by then) when it was €200 with a decent game. I'll wait untill the 3DS drops < €200 and has more games I want or has a combo-deal or whatever. Or maybe I'll go with a PSP2 even (not likely though, after having owned a PSP). There isn't much for me at launch/announced for coming year anyway. Some people say: "the more units that get sold, the cheaper it gets", but it's actually the other way around: if it doesn't sell anymore, it will get cheaper.

lukecop80

Trophies
XP
Country
i wish you people would stop complaining about prices (except for fellow australians)
a good xbox 360 game is $120 over here
and the average ds game is $50 to $60
at the launch of the ps3 it was $800
a dsi xl is $300 over here
SO STOP DAMN COMPLAINING!!!

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lukecop80 said:
i wish you people would stop complaining about prices (except for fellow australians)
Make more money.

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think I am giong to wait a while for this. I am instead going to spend my money on a trip to Melbourne and get a 3DS when I can find it for cheaper. I am sure there will be bargai... who am I kidding? I am so going to get it on launch, like every other nintendo console.

commdante

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
lukecop80 said:

Imo it's not that the rest should complain less, it's that you should complain even more: €220 for a DSI XL? I think €170 (local price for a DSI XL in "reduced/action price" here, around $230) is rather expensive already for a worse pixelratio device (pixels per cm/inch or what the word "resolution" used to be or "pixel density" as it is now called). Besides, you can't look into another ones wallet. I know parents will have a hard time "justifying" to get a 3DS for their kids, probably the main reason why the 3DS is targeted to "a more mature audience" ... Time will tell, my friend. Only time will tell (Red Alert quote).

El-ahrairah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
rofl.gif
hahhahahaaha!I admit the price is kinda high, but saying games are all garbage and ipod games is better is just so full of fail!
rofl.gif

Full o' fail, eh? Kind recognizes kind. Well, you go ahead and enjoy your elf bowling, Imagine brand games, Petz games, and ungodly amounts of horse pet simulations. Don't let me stop you. At least the crappy quality games on the iPod are priced based on their actual quality. For instance, you can get Plants vs. Zombies on the DS for $19.95, or $2.99 on the iPhone (which is far better, graphically) . Not that I would buy an iPod.

The DSi and WiiWare downloadables are a good start, but most of those games seem like half-hearted phone-ins...and why shouldn't they? There's no real demand for downloadable games, the DSi and Wii have just pathetic internal memory. At least you can put games on a SD card on the Wii now; it only took years to get around to that.

But who knows, perhaps the N3DS will deliver and make me eat some humble pie. I doubt it, but if it does, I'll shell out the cash for one....once the price drops, of course.

QUOTE(NoOneDies @ Jan 20 2011, 09:59 PM) I smell sarcasm...

You have a good sense of smell. Yes, I used sarcasm, but I stand by what I said.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
rave420 said:
But video games don't give you that option. you buy it, and it's crap, Then you sit there with a useless piece of plastic.
With absolutely no way to return it either as an unwanted item or a very good condition pre-owned game.
Because that's totally impossible.
Isn't it?
mellow.gif

ohmy.gif

Rasas

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ProtoKun7 said:
rave420 said:
But video games don't give you that option. you buy it, and it's crap, Then you sit there with a useless piece of plastic.
With absolutely no way to return it either as an unwanted item or a very good condition pre-owned game.
Because that's totally impossible.
Isn't it?
mellow.gif

ohmy.gif

Well you can reshrink wrap it but most people do that for the wrong reasons (also the machines used usually don't do it very well so it is easily seen as a rewrap) and there might be demos this time around so it might not be that bad.

Also you have trading sites which if you got a very crappy video game you could trade it in quick then pocket the cash or points which depends on the system they use towards a different game since most stores have crap trade in systems.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
commdante said:
lukecop80 said:

Imo it's not that the rest should complain less, it's that you should complain even more: €220 for a DSI XL? I think €170 (local price for a DSI XL in "reduced/action price" here, around $230) is rather expensive already for a worse pixelratio device (pixels per cm/inch or what the word "resolution" used to be or "pixel density" as it is now called). Besides, you can't look into another ones wallet. I know parents will have a hard time "justifying" to get a 3DS for their kids, probably the main reason why the 3DS is targeted to "a more mature audience" ... Time will tell, my friend. Only time will tell (Red Alert quote).

Alright, people like you need to stop spouting shit and read up on the facts first. I went from a DS to a DSlite to a DSi to a DSi XL. The pixel ratio and aspect is EXACTLY THE SAME. 100% THE SAME. There is NO distortion AT ALL. There is nothing different apart from the pixels being shown slightly bigger, and in actuality, slightly BETTER. Please learn to find facts before spreading shit. I'm officially sick of people bitching that the DSi XL distorts. Because it doesn't. LEARN.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
El-ahrairah said:
KingVamp said:
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

Full o' fail, eh? Kind recognizes kind. Well, you go ahead and enjoy your elf bowling, Imagine brand games, Petz games, and ungodly amounts of horse pet simulations. Don't let me stop you. At least the crappy quality games on the iPod are priced based on their actual quality. For instance, you can get Plants vs. Zombies on the DS for $19.95, or $2.99 on the iPhone (which is far better, graphically) . Not that I would buy an iPod.

The DSi and WiiWare downloadables are a good start, but most of those games seem like half-hearted phone-ins...and why shouldn't they? There's no real demand for downloadable games, the DSi and Wii have just pathetic internal memory. At least you can put games on a SD card on the Wii now; it only took years to get around to that.

But who knows, perhaps the N3DS will deliver and make me eat some humble pie. I doubt it, but if it does, I'll shell out the cash for one....once the price drops, of course.
I like how you tried to prove me wrong by focusing on just the kid games.
laugh.gif

You either try not to look for good teen/adult games or you not trying hard enough.

All systems have flaws and if they do not, they improve on it features and to protect the system from fatal errors. Why do you think updates was add on their?

Of course you say the DSi and WiiWare has no demand and it seem to half-hearted phone-ins because again, you are trying not to look for good games or you not trying hard enough.

If true Plants vs. Zombies are better graphically, that probably just some instant that how it is besides graphics aren't everything.

Not like ipod they not just coding for the touch screen.

leeday100196

GBAtemp's Official Infernape™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i dont know about you guys but im trading in my dsi to save cash. i just had a birthday and am rolling in money so i can afford it without trading but i wont get any games. meanwhile, if i do trade in, ill only end up paying about $150 after preorder. I don't have to worry about not using my flashcart as i'll just revert to using my old (broken) NDS.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
PS3, 360, Wii, PSP, Ipod, ipad, all those system except the DS from this generation were more expensive then the 3DS and you say 250$ is too expensive?

You people are never satisfied. I mean, it's gonna cost 25000 yens in japan, which would be 300$ USD, but we get it for 250$, which is extremely cheap compared to the launch of other devices and you people still complain?

Grow up and get a job kids, because PSP2, the PS4, the next wii and the next xbox are not gonna be that cheap, in fact, systems are gonna get more expensive each generations.

So people who whine should shut up, 250$ is fairly cheap.

Of course, the PSP was 249$ USD, but in Canada, it was 299$. Now the 3DS is 249$ USD and 249$ CAD.

El-ahrairah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
laugh.gif

You either try not to look for good teen/adult games or you not trying hard enough.
Ok, what good teen/adult games have come out on the DS in the past year? Maybe Black Ops? Yeah, that game looks sweet as hell... And what else? What other M rated game was big last year...I can't think of one and I can't find one on the list of released games. You know what was big? Kingdom Hearts Re:coded (even though it wasn't released in the US until '11), Professor Layton and the Unwound Future and Golden Sun: Dark Dawn just to name a few. But damn, all of those are rated "E", which means their kids games and don't count. I "focused" on the kids games because that's the majority of the release titles!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ninte...8A%E2%80%93I%29
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ninte...8J%E2%80%93R%29
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ninte...8S%E2%80%93Z%29
You look and tell me what you find.
KingVamp said:
Of course you say the DSi and WiiWare has no demand and it seem to half-hearted phone-ins because again, you are trying not to look for good games or you not trying hard enough.
You think there is a high demand for DSi and WiiWare games? How many have you purchased? Granted, the Wii has a far better selection than the DSi, but it still pales in comparison to other consoles. The selection on the DSi is just horrible, with the quality of browser based flash games, at best. But that's not the point I was trying to make. My point was that Nintendo shot themselves in the foot when they limited the on-board memory capacity for the DSi and Wii (even though they kinda fixed that). How much more expensive would it have been to put 1 or 2 gigs of on-board memory for games? Even when these devices launched memory was not that expensive, even less so now. The online shops were given so little consideration, I am not surprised that they lack quality.
KingVamp said:
If true Plants vs. Zombies are better graphically, that probably just some instant that how it is besides graphics aren't everything.
You forgot to talk about how Plants vs Zombies costs $20 for the DS but only $3 for the iPod. Unless you choose to leave that out on purpose. Don't try to use the "graphics aren't everything" fallacy, if graphics weren't something, we'd all be playing on systems with Atari-like graphics. That's just the battlecry of someone with a graphically inferior device.
QUOTE(KingVamp @ Jan 21 2011, 04:30 AM)
Are you trying to say that a DSi is a more complex system than an iPod or iPhone? Hahaha, ok.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
El-ahrairah said:
KingVamp said:
laugh.gif

Ok, what good teen/adult games have come out on the DS in the past year? Maybe Black Ops? Yeah, that game looks sweet as hell... And what else? What other M rated game was big last year...I can't think of one and I can't find one on the list of released games. You know what was big? Kingdom Hearts Re:coded (even though it wasn't released in the US until '11), Professor Layton and the Unwound Future and Golden Sun: Dark Dawn just to name a few. But damn, all of those are rated "E", which means their kids games and don't count. I "focused" on the kids games because that's the majority of the release titles!
E doesn't = kid games it = everyone, sorry for not including this in.

This is what you was describing link which doesn't = link or this link

KingVamp said:
You think there is a high demand for DSi and WiiWare games? How many have you purchased? Granted, the Wii has a far better selection than the DSi, but it still pales in comparison to other consoles. The selection on the DSi is just horrible, with the quality of browser based flash games, at best. But that's not the point I was trying to make. My point was that Nintendo shot themselves in the foot when they limited the on-board memory capacity for the DSi and Wii (even though they kinda fixed that). How much more expensive would it have been to put 1 or 2 gigs of on-board memory for games? Even when these devices launched memory was not that expensive, even less so now. The online shops were given so little consideration, I am not surprised that they lack quality.
The online shops weren't given so little consideration. How much stuff do think Nintendo can put on this thing without being price of PS3 when it first came out?
Not hating on the PS3 just saying.
KingVamp said:
You forgot to talk about how Plants vs Zombies costs $20 for the DS but only $3 for the iPod. Unless you choose to leave that out on purpose. Don't try to use the "graphics aren't everything" fallacy, if graphics weren't something, we'd all be playing on systems with Atari-like graphics. That's just the battlecry of someone with a graphically inferior device.
Do you really think graphics alone are approved? Plus I never say it wasn't something I say it not everything.
Same comment as below
QUOTE(KingVamp @ Jan 21 2011, 04:30 AM)
Are you trying to say that a DSi is a more complex game system than an iPod or iPhone? Hahaha, ok.
Yea

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users