3ds Price officially revealed

trancegemini

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Went and pre ordered one today. Gamestop didn't have there system updated though so could not pick a color so will have to call and change it in a few days to black. I really wanted the blue till i noticed its black on top by the 3d screen. I am guessing it has to do with the 3d effect it must go best with black. I sure wish they had launch titles i wanted. Well at least i will have the first rev so when its hacked I will have the best chance. Can't wait for kid icarus,zelda oot,mario kart ds and paper mario.

Memino

Trophies
XP
Country
croagunk.master said:
Hey people. I have a small question. On this page: http://www.game.co.uk/lowdown.aspx?lid=153...deInOffers#tabs it says that trade in is valid only till 10th March whereas the 3DS is launching on the 25th in europe and uk. So my question is do you need to give whatever you are going to trade in for the 3DS to them 15 days in advance? I don't know about you guys but it sounds kinda unfair to me....

If you trade your console in now they'll give you a card with credit on in value of the price difference between the 3ds price and your consoles listed price, if you choose to get cash instead you need to provid an id and the value of the cash will be £10 lower than credit.

C

croagunk.master

Memino said:
croagunk.master said:
Hey people. I have a small question. On this page: http://www.game.co.uk/lowdown.aspx?lid=153...deInOffers#tabs it says that trade in is valid only till 10th March whereas the 3DS is launching on the 25th in europe and uk. So my question is do you need to give whatever you are going to trade in for the 3DS to them 15 days in advance? I don't know about you guys but it sounds kinda unfair to me....

If you trade your console in now they'll give you a card with credit on in value of the price difference between the 3ds price and your consoles listed price, if you choose to get cash instead you need to provid an id and the value of the cash will be £10 lower than credit.

What if I decide to trade-in on 25th? Will they accept the trade-in?

KinGamer7

Trophies
XP
Country
Mbmax said:
KamuiX said:
The sure thing is that if US price is 250$, then here in Europe we will get it for 250€. History showed us this unfair pricing many years now. With 250€ you can get Wii with all the needed accessories or XBOX360 with Kinect. Too pricey...better get an ipod touch and play games there or pay that money with a contract to get an iphone or an android phone. Sometimes companies must understand the word "competition" and the word "financial crisis".

If 3ds price drops to 200$ (200€ in EU) they will sell the console in no time but maybe they want to print some money again...
2im5kjn.gif
FIXED !
tongue.gif
I fixed your...fixation. (?)

It just needs a 3DS and it'll be perfect.

narutofan777

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
250$ thats a lot. guess ima hav 2 wait for 3ds lite. ill get my hands on it wen some1 i kno buys it. sum of the best games come out late in a consoles life neway

C

croagunk.master

croagunk.master said:
Memino said:
croagunk.master said:

Answers please...

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
croagunk.master said:
croagunk.master said:
Memino said:
croagunk.master said:

Answers please...
Yeah as if.. quit annoying people, If we wanna answer, we will if we dont... tough luck.You dont control us

C

croagunk.master

Rockstar said:
croagunk.master said:
croagunk.master said:
Memino said:
croagunk.master said:

Answers please...
Yeah as if.. quit annoying people, If we wanna answer, we will if we dont... tough luck.You dont control us

I'm not annoying anyone. I'm just asking if anyone knew anything about it....

D

Deleted-246289

It is a good price actually, but I will buy it when I see what people are going to say about it.

Relf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'll be getting one at launch for sure, probably with Star Wars III. As for the price, what's wrong with it being the same as a console? Why is this worth less? I get more use out of a hand held on hour long commutes than I ever will my PS3. The PS3 has 645 games, many of them shared with other consoles and some with the PC. The NDS has about 1,000 of which many to most are exclusive. The 3DS comes with 3D and 2 screens, the PS3 you need to purchase a large screen with good quality picture to read the text which will run you another few hundred dollars. $250 is a pittance compared to the $500 PS3 launch and has better returns.

Bad starting launch line up? The games will come but I could imagine these being in shortage, especially when we start seeing all the games we're excited for.

EDIT - Articleon the 3DS pricing that I heartily approve of.

darth_katarn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just bought a DSLite
yaynds.gif
and I will wait awhile before buy a 3DS, but I will definetly buy a 3DS.

Regarding the price, I think it's the expected price, because of the technology and because there is no competitor handheld in the market.

Range-TE

Trophies
Website
random-arrow.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Indonesia
like any other console that came out, i'll play the predecessor some more until it's cheaper.
though i think this price is nice and fitting for this awesome piece of hardware, the price is gonna go 100% up when it gets to my country, fuck taxes

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds good to me. I don't think there will be many available at launch over here (Wii's and DS' were practically unobtainable until 2-3 months after their launch, and were still hard to get after), but I'm cool with the price.

Thanks for the heads up.

El-ahrairah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh no. $250 is way too much for a handheld, even if it wasn't the fifth version of the same handheld. (yeah yeah, blah blah 3D, herp derp) I'm pretty much done with nintendo. You might ask why? Well, look at the NDS and Wii release list, it's all garbage. I mean there was never a time when the Nintendo Seal meant quality, but geeze, way to cater to the lowest common denominator.

I'm not an Xbox or PlayStation fanboy, either. I've been with nintendo nearly all it's run, but why spend that kind of coin on something when I can get an iPod and play better games? Maybe in a few years when the price drops down to a reasonable level and if whoever is in charge of greenlighting games gets their head out of their ass and gets some decent games for it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021