• Replies 53,769
  • Likes 43

Gumdoc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that is one way to get around privileges. I assumed you had python installed, since it mentions a .py file.

There are some python files in the folder (see attached) but nothing about installing them in the .txt file.

Attachments

• 8-30-2021 10-50-17 AM.jpg
    8-30-2021 10-50-17 AM.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 84

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks...didn't really understand much of this as I don't recall actually installing python, I simply just ran the c-gui.exe file, wasn't sure if I had missed a step. Either way, I ran the .exe as Administrator, that resolved the problem. Thanks!

that is one way to get around privileges. I assumed you had python installed, since it mentions a .py file.

Pretty normal, some stuffs will require you to run the app as admin in order to execute them even if the user is an admin.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, I had to do that with all switch apps, since they're in program files. some apps do not work even with elevating privileges like the ps4 script .bat files for creating fself or backporting or nzbhydra2. I had to put both on the root of C.

Bean_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello there, fellow GBAtempers, I have an question. I've recently started using Luma3DS and it's great. I want to know if I can take my Acekard2i from my DS and use it on the 3DS. Will it work right off the bat, or do I need anything first?

Jacobh

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks...didn't really understand much of this as I don't recall actually installing python, I simply just ran the c-gui.exe file, wasn't sure if I had missed a step. Either way, I ran the .exe as Administrator, that resolved the problem. Thanks!

There is a version called Windows Standalone that won’t need python installed. If it worked after running as administrator you probably already got that one or have python installed.

Are you still having issues?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hello there, fellow GBAtempers, I have an question. I've recently started using Luma3DS and it's great. I want to know if I can take my Acekard2i from my DS and use it on the 3DS. Will it work right off the bat, or do I need anything first?

Luma should remove any flashcart specific blocking, so it should just work. Just give it a try.

Reactions: Bean_BR

Mumumba

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hi. Cannot find this "3dsexplorer_v1.5.3_mod (ROM Tool 3.1_3DSGuy)" anywhere. I have recently bought a sky3ds plus card, which maybe I should not have, anyway 4gb games do not work because I have no way of transferring them to my fat32 micro sd card. Can somebody please share where to download 3dsexplorer_v1.5.3_mod (ROM Tool 3.1_3DSGuy) trimming program?

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi. Cannot find this "3dsexplorer_v1.5.3_mod (ROM Tool 3.1_3DSGuy)" anywhere. I have recently bought a sky3ds plus card, which maybe I should not have, anyway 4gb games do not work because I have no way of transferring them to my fat32 micro sd card. Can somebody please share where to download 3dsexplorer_v1.5.3_mod (ROM Tool 3.1_3DSGuy) trimming program?
sky3ds allows only clean untouched roms to be able to play on your 3ds. i dont think that trimming them will allow them to even work.

Igniis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, noob question here:
I just created an emuNand and unlinked it from the sysNand in order to get two different profiles on a single 3DS, so that I can share my 3DS without sharing my games and game saves (at least, that's what I wanted to do). But now I realised that on emuNand I have no access to hbl apps or FBI to install games... How do I fix that ? Do I have to hack the emuNand ??

EDIT: found my answer on Nintendo Homebrew discord (I just had to follow this https://3ds.hacks.guide/finalizing-setup)

Last edited by Igniis,

Thomfrost

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello!
I'm having some trouble with SD card related problems too and just wanted to know if going back and starting over the hacking process would just fix the problem or ruin everything...

I hacked my new 2dsxl and it was working fine until installing and running pokemon ultra sun. I got an error message at launch (too fast to read anything) and the game crashed. Then when I got back to home menu my SD card could not read and the apps could not appear on the menu.

I tried to see if the SD card was still OK on pc but it needs formatting so everything on it is lost... Can I just buy a new one and go over the hacking process from the beginning?

Skiiermike

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello,

I have a 3ds xl that was previously modded but is no longer for some reason.

How do I mod it again?

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

Tragicremedy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I had a working hacked old 3ds that I was running twilight menu ++ and freeshop on with no issues.

I performed a system update, and got an arm11 error. I believe I should have just updated lumas right then and there but unfortunately I went on a wild goose chase and now have issues.

I performed a ctrtransfer two times using the 3ds hacks guide.

I still had the issue after doing a system update, so I did another ctrtransfer and then never doing a system update and going all the way to the end of the guide.

Later after several tries I was able to fix the system update error by using a new lumas file.

But now when I try to launch twlight or system > internet settings > nintendo ds connections > I get a "errdisp" error.

When I try the twlfix I get an arm11 error.

Current lumas version = 10.2.1.
Current System version = 11.15.0-47u
I believe I am sysnand since godmode only shows sysnand partitions.

I've spent many hours searching for the answer, but got stuck and hoping for some help here.

Last edited by Tragicremedy,

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello, I had a working hacked old 3ds that I was running twilight menu ++ and freeshop on with no issues.

I performed a system update, and got an arm11 error. I believe I should have just updated lumas right then and there but unfortunately I went on a wild goose chase and now have issues.

I performed a ctrtransfer two times using the 3ds hacks guide.

I still had the issue after doing a system update, so I did another ctrtransfer and then never doing a system update and going all the way to the end of the guide.

Later after several tries I was able to fix the system update error by using a new lumas file.

But now when I try to launch twlight or system > internet settings > nintendo ds connections > I get a "errdisp" error.

When I try the twlfix I get an arm11 error.

Current lumas version = 10.2.1.
Current System version = 11.15.0-47u
I believe I am sysnand since godmode only shows sysnand partitions.

I've spent many hours searching for the answer, but got stuck and hoping for some help here.
im guessing the error code was simply PM? that was a simple fix before doing anything else with the console. What do each of the error codes say when you get them?

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm having some trouble with SD card related problems too and just wanted to know if going back and starting over the hacking process would just fix the problem or ruin everything...

I hacked my new 2dsxl and it was working fine until installing and running pokemon ultra sun. I got an error message at launch (too fast to read anything) and the game crashed. Then when I got back to home menu my SD card could not read and the apps could not appear on the menu.

I tried to see if the SD card was still OK on pc but it needs formatting so everything on it is lost... Can I just buy a new one and go over the hacking process from the beginning?
Before you format your SD card, you can try using standard PC data recovery software like Testdisk or EASUS.

Otherwise, if you need to start over with a freshly-formatted card, see http://3ds.guide/restoring-updating-cfw .

Tragicremedy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im guessing the error code was simply PM? that was a simple fix before doing anything else with the console. What do each of the error codes say when you get them?

I didn't take a screenshot of the original error after the system update but it was arm11 and lumas update seemed to fix that.

When I launch twlight menu or go into the ds connection settings I get the exact same error:

An error occurred (ErrDisp)

Error type: generic

Process ID: 19
Process name: am
Process title ID: 0x0004013000001502

Address: 0x001093aa
Error code: 0xc8804478

D

Deleted User

You could try manually deleting the TWL titles via FBI and then performing a system update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto