• Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

NFates

Wants to understand™
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
I'm fairly ignorant on this topic of 3ds hacking, but I would like to ask a question.
I've heard that playing pirated games online such as Monster Hunter 4U/Gen on a 3ds with CFW on it, will net you a ban. (not sure if this is true, it just what i've heard.)
So inquiry; does playing legally obtained 3ds games online on a console with CFW on it also get you banned or are you safe?
I am asking for a friend and do not know the nature of his 3ds's CFW status.
Thank you.
There's always a little chance that you get banned but if you don't cheat online and play unreleased games with wireless on, you should be safe.

Basically, avoid doing anything that a non-modified console couldn't do online.

fndrx

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi guys,

Years ago I have bought the R4 SDC Dual-Core Card ( from 2016 ). Unfortunately I cannot post a picture, but it literally says :

R4 2016
SDHC
3DS DSi
Dual-Core
Smart-Update

and the link included refers not the com but com.cn if that helps.

Now I want to start using my 3DS again, which is btw up 2 date ( 11.8.0 if i remember correctly , I just updated it yesterday so its basically the newst version available atm ). I tried updating the R4 card, by simply downloading the newest firmware I have found ( I tried different firmwares btw ) , copied it on the root of the SD card ( its formatted with fat32 ) and that should be it.
However , once I start it it gives me the cant find _dsmneu.dat error. I have tried different firmwares and renaming the r4.dat to _dsmenu.dat , but neither did work.
What am I doing wrong, does some one have an idea ?

thanks in advance !

JoseBaGra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Does anybody know if the ntrboothax works on a New 2DS XL Hylian Shield Version?
I press SELECT+START+X+POWER and doesn't boot the GodMode9, and isn't the flashcard because I've been proving it on an Old 3DS and it work.
I have notice that even if I have the magnet near the New 2DS XL Hylian Shield Version if I press the power button the system turn on.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
OK so will have to put CFW, as i understand that is only possible with a cartrige, right?
i saw the table with the different flashcarts, tho many had timebombs, and the others had fishy description, which one would you recommend me getting?
Note: i have not yet purchased my console, therefore i do not know the os version number.
[Thanks for the fast replying @Quantumcat ]
If you get a console with 11.3 or less you won't need a flashcart. As for which one is recommended, have a look at the OP of this thread.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Does anybody know if the ntrboothax works on a New 2DS XL Hylian Shield Version?
I press SELECT+START+X+POWER and doesn't boot the GodMode9, and isn't the flashcard because I've been proving it on an Old 3DS and it work.
I have notice that even if I have the magnet near the New 2DS XL Hylian Shield Version if I press the power button the system turn on.
Make sure the magnet puts it to sleep.

Does the console turn itself off or does it turn on on sleep mode?

JoseBaGra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Make sure the magnet puts it to sleep.

Does the console turn itself off or does it turn on on sleep mode?
If the console is turned on the magnet put it into sleep mode.
If I press the the power button with the magnet the console gets turn on, but never display any image until I remove the magnet

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
If the console is turned on the magnet put it into sleep mode.
If I press the the power button with the magnet the console gets turn on, but never display any image until I remove the magnet
That means you either aren't pressing the buttons right or the ntrboot cart is not working. Try holding the buttons and only tapping power not holding it, and try putting some paper in behind the cart to give it better contact with the pins in the cartridge slot.

JoseBaGra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
That means you either aren't pressing the buttons right or the ntrboot cart is not working. Try holding the buttons and only tapping power not holding it, and try putting some paper in behind the cart to give it better contact with the pins in the cartridge slot.
I've been trying everything and it doesn't work, and every time I tried first on my OLD 3DS, are you sure that works on New 2DS XL Hylian Shield Version on a 11.8?

KHANV1CT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I currently have my old 3DS XL modded with A9LH(I think) and some kind of custom bin in order to use my Gateway card. Anyways, I haven't played my 3DS in at least over a year(since before GW last updated their site lol) and I'd like to get it updated to whatever is the latest and best exploit and CFW.

How do I wipe it and just start over fresh?
Is Gateway just completely dead? Is there a way to use it with these modern CFWs? I really liked using that card, the cheat system was nice, and it gave me extra room on my SD.

Thanks for the help!

MrJey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm on Luma3DS 11.5 (B9s) and I've disabled Wi-fi. However there is this predownloaded update nagging me every time I turn on my 3DS. Is there any way to delete this update safely?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I currently have my old 3DS XL modded with A9LH(I think) and some kind of custom bin in order to use my Gateway card. Anyways, I haven't played my 3DS in at least over a year(since before GW last updated their site lol) and I'd like to get it updated to whatever is the latest and best exploit and CFW.

How do I wipe it and just start over fresh?
Is Gateway just completely dead? Is there a way to use it with these modern CFWs? I really liked using that card, the cheat system was nice, and it gave me extra room on my SD.

Thanks for the help!
If you have A9LH, follow https://3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s. If you want to keep using your Gateway card, follow https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-using-luma3ds-gateway-on-b9s.431691/ afterwards.

ShazamaPajama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi.
I have LumaCFW installed with an emunand. I couldnt figure out how to unlink the emunand and sysnand, and I'd like to just get rid of the emunand. Is there a way to delete emunand and retain all of the content on my sd card?

PenWallet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello. I used the Seedminer method, I also installed DSiMenu++. Was able to play DS and 3DS games. Then, I turned it off, pulled out the SD, I deleted a couple DS Roms, added another one, did nothing else on the SD card, then reinserted it to the console, turned it on again, and I only get a black screen on both of the screens. What could've happened?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hello. I used the Seedminer method, I also installed DSiMenu++. Was able to play DS and 3DS games. Then, I turned it off, pulled out the SD, I deleted a couple DS Roms, added another one, did nothing else on the SD card, then reinserted it to the console, turned it on again, and I only get a black screen on both of the screens. What could've happened?
Maybe your SD card got corrupted? Try testing it with H2testw

PenWallet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Maybe your SD card got corrupted? Try testing it with H2testw

Sorry! Update: Still a bit confused about whatever happened. I removed the SD Card, and tried to turn it on, it turned on instantly. Then, I turned off the console, slided it in, turned it on, and it turned on with all my stuff again. It gave me a small heart attack. Any idea about what happened or has ever happened to any of you?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Sorry! Update: Still a bit confused about whatever happened. I removed the SD Card, and tried to turn it on, it turned on instantly. Then, I turned off the console, slided it in, turned it on, and it turned on with all my stuff again. It gave me a small heart attack. Any idea about what happened or has ever happened to any of you?
Your SD card might be failing, it would be a good idea to back up the data now so if it does fail permanently you can get a new SD card and put the files on it.

firefist202

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, so I have a dumb question. Why must I update to the newest system version (11.8) to go online (on Smash), when yesterday I could go online without it asking me to update? I'm really confused. It is not allowing me to go online on smash, and says I need to update. It was working just fine yesterday, and didn't ask me to update. I don't want to update, because apparently it's not safe. I have luma and b9strap, and am on 11.7. Is there a way I can continue to go online on smash without having to update?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!