• Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

Rekner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Update to Luma 9.0 (get the boot.firm from https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases), and follow https://3ds.guide/finalizing-setup.

Don't ever follow a video guide again. They're outdated and could cause you harm (if you accidentally mix old and new techniques or software, or if the older method is less safe).

Yeah but the finalizing guide says that I need the latest FBI... so should I do this: , right? (just remember that I actually hasnt installed the FBI...

Last edited by Rekner,

Rekner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok im sticking to the guide bro, im downloading all the required stuff :D

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Fine cat, the guide doesnt say anything about downloading Luma 9.0.0, it just states that I need to download luma updater, which I did, so what should I do?, download Luma 9.0.0 too?, and how to install it?

The guide I linked should have a link to the latest FBI. You don't need the video.

Fine cat, the guide doesnt say anything about downloading Luma 9.0.0, it just states that I need to download luma updater, which I did, so what should I do?, download Luma 9.0.0 too?, and how to install it?

Please cat, help :v.

¿So I need to donwload Luma 9.0.0 and install it (if yes, how?)?, ¿or just the Luma updater (as the guide states)?

The guide I linked should have a link to the latest FBI. You don't need the video.

Last edited by Rekner,
Reactions: Quantumcat

Rekner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
finishing section one and turn in on the new 3ds, nothing happened is that normal?, should I continue with the guide?

I mean still says that im luma v8.0-7, after completing first section and truning again the 3ds with the micro sd in it, is that normal?

Im asking and begging for help cause the next step in the guide is updating the system :o .

¿Should I update to 11.6 using luma 8.0?

EmBlaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
finishing section one and turn in on the new 3ds, nothing happened is that normal?, should I continue with the guide?

I mean still says that im luma v8.0-7, after completing first section and truning again the 3ds with the micro sd in it, is that normal?

Im asking and begging for help cause the next step in the guide is updating the system :o .

¿Should I update to 11.6 using luma 8.0?
Not sure if you've got working Luma Updater or not... Just replace boot.firm on your SD card with the one inside Luma3DSv9.0.7z from @Quantumcat link.

Rekner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I already ifinished the guide and went to the last step, the configuration of luma 9.0, should I just mark autoboot emunand?

EmBlaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I already ifinished the guide and went to the last step, the configuration of luma 9.0, should I just mark autoboot emunand?
Which version of Luma are you on currently? That's not part of the guide, and you boot from SysNAND not EmuNAND, so no.

Rekner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I mean I have the luma 9.0.0 now, I just wanted to know if I just need to mark autoboot emunand in configuration, cause I just marked that. also im usign the free shop now, any good url to download games?

EmBlaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I mean I have the luma 9.0.0 now, I just wanted to know if I just need to mark autoboot emunand in configuration, cause I just marked that. also im usign the free shop now, any good url to download games?
Disable that if you followed the guide. Just google freeshop title keys and choose encTitleKeys.bin

Rekner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Which version of Luma are you on currently? That's not part of the guide, and you boot from SysNAND not EmuNAND, so no.
LUMA 9.0.0]; after updated to luma 9.0.0 a configuration screen showed up, which things I need to mark in that configuraiton screen and which dont?, also I dont get the ar9 and and arpm11 part of the guide (the vey last part of the guide).

EmBlaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
LUMA 9.0.0]; after updated to luma 9.0.0 a configuration screen showed up, which things I need to mark in that configuraiton screen and which dont?, also I dont get the ar9 and and arpm11 part of the guide (the vey last part of the guide).
I think you just keep it default unless you need a specific function.

Rekner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Actually, you scan the QR code with freeShop. Or add the download link to freeShop settings.
How do I scan?

I mean I dont see any option to scan in the freeshop, neither to add links.

How do I scan?

You gotta consider im a noob...

EmBlaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How do I scan?

Click the QR icon next to download to show code. Then on freeShop, I believe it's in "Update" tab, click the QR icon next to keyboard and URL dropdown.

I don't have my 3DS with me to double-check, but that should be it.

Cava

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hi. I have 2 questions.

1. Can i use an EU charger for USA 3DS safely?

2. Region changing works on 11.6 cfw too? At plailects site they are 11.5 ctrtransfer fw.

Peanut_BR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

It ask you if you want to place the update into the ctr-nand so you have to press a+X. Please specify what is the message.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts