• Views 4,478,614
  • Replies 53,782
  • Likes 43

Pokepicker

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I recently installed b9s using a Acekard2i.

This is my second time around using this method. First time, everything went fine. This time. Not so much.
First of all I can't seem to install the DSP1.cia. There is just no Install option on this one.
Trying the "Install all cia in folder" option gives me an error on DSP1.
Result code: 0xC8E08001
Level: Status (25)
Summary: Invalid argument (7)
Module: AM (32)
Desc: <unknonwn> (1)

I don't know what the DPS1 really does. But I'm guessing it is useful as it is part of the guide.

I was dumb and did a factory reset since nothing was working (i was getting arm 11 (Core 0) errors left and right. Now I see I can't install any CIA.

What can I do to solve this? b9s and luma must still be installed. I have access to Roselina. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: This is a N3DS XL on 11.6.0 or whatever the newest version is.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I recently installed b9s using a Acekard2i.

This is my second time around using this method. First time, everything went fine. This time. Not so much.
First of all I can't seem to install the DSP1.cia. There is just no Install option on this one.
Trying the "Install all cia in folder" option gives me an error on DSP1.
Result code: 0xC8E08001
Level: Status (25)
Summary: Invalid argument (7)
Module: AM (32)
Desc: <unknonwn> (1)

I don't know what the DPS1 really does. But I'm guessing it is useful as it is part of the guide.

I was dumb and did a factory reset since nothing was working (i was getting arm 11 (Core 0) errors left and right. Now I see I can't install any CIA.

What can I do to solve this? b9s and luma must still be installed. I have access to Roselina. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: This is a N3DS XL on 11.6.0 or whatever the newest version is.
Check your SD card with H2testw https://3ds.guide/h2testw-(windows) and also make sure file extensions are turned on when you view the contents on your computer (in case it is .cia.zip or something). Also you can try installing from the Web using the TitleDB feature of FBI.

kriegir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK I followed the 3ds guide for a 9.x.x and everything went fine got freeshop going and playing games for a couple days everything was good. Then I went to go home from a game and I got black screened. Tried everything 3ds guide suggested (even updating so now im on 11.6) still nothing so I restored my nand backup from the whole process with godmode. I also blindly deleted the Nintendo 3ds folder to make room for the backup thinking it was just games I had downloaded. It got me back home but now I have nothing on my homescreen. no fbi, homebrew nothing... Oh one more thing I also removed a NNID in godmode and made a new account right before this happend and all was good. Now I just get an error going into NNID settings if that helps..

Basically I am frustrated and out of ideas looking for help sorry for being so long winded. :cry:

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
OK I followed the 3ds guide for a 9.x.x and everything went fine got freeshop going and playing games for a couple days everything was good. Then I went to go home from a game and I got black screened. Tried everything 3ds guide suggested (even updating so now im on 11.6) still nothing so I restored my nand backup from the whole process with godmode. I also blindly deleted the Nintendo 3ds folder to make room for the backup thinking it was just games I had downloaded. It got me back home but now I have nothing on my homescreen. no fbi, homebrew nothing... Oh one more thing I also removed a NNID in godmode and made a new account right before this happend and all was good. Now I just get an error going into NNID settings if that helps..

Basically I am frustrated and out of ideas looking for help sorry for being so long winded. :cry:
Make sure WiFi is turned on before going to NNID Settings.
If that doesn't work do a system format (you already deleted your data so you won't lose anything) then try signing into the new NNID.
Then follow https://3ds.guide/finalizing-setup to get homebrew stuff back.

Reactions: kriegir

kriegir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure WiFi is turned on before going to NNID Settings.
If that doesn't work do a system format (you already deleted your data so you won't lose anything) then try signing into the new NNID.
Then follow 3ds guide to get homebrew stuff back.

wow thanks, after taking a break and going over the process again I realized I totally forgot about the Download Play App to get to rosalina! haha ty

Reactions: Quantumcat

Pokepicker

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Check your SD card with H2testw https://3ds.guide/h2testw-(windows) and also make sure file extensions are turned on when you view the contents on your computer (in case it is .cia.zip or something). Also you can try installing from the Web using the TitleDB feature of FBI.

Using the TitleDB feature of FBI let me install the DSP1. But I can't seem to install any other apps (Freeshop for instance) this way. It spits out an error looking like this:
Failed to install from URL
https://3ds.xxxxxxxxxxx.com/v1/cia/1173...
Result code: 0xD963F807
LEvel: Permanent (27)
Summary (internal (11)
Module: application (254)
Desc: Bad data (7)

If I go back and try to install the Freeshop (or any) CIA, then it spits this error at me:
Failed to install CIA file
Result code: 0xf9608022
Level: Fatal (31)
Summary: Internal (11)
Module: AM(32)
Desc: <unknown> (34)

Luma also spit out 3 dump files after Homebrew was crashing to a black screen.
Links for anyone who might want to look.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yd0qabqpj56etz0/crash_dump_00000000.dmp?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kc63p8nnvy7xbxg/crash_dump_00000001.dmp?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/x15kazkqunwgrz4/crash_dump_00000002.dmp?dl=0

I'm stumped.

Edit: Running hw2test now. Another 9 hours or so to go before the results :)

Last edited by Pokepicker,

hguy89

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
I am a total newbie and have the most simple and basic question I think.

I have a stock FW new 3DS (11.6). My goal is to be able to play GB, GBC, GBA, DS, 3DS games on the same unit.

I want to install CFW and follow guides to save money on cards, but only if it involves a long first time setup and not a long process for each game.
I don't want to convert ROMs everytime I find a good game (CIAs are fine but I have no problem spending money for convenience).
I have no problem to buy any card necessary for that.

What's the best setup for me?

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I am a total newbie and have the most simple and basic question I think.

I have a stock FW new 3DS (11.6). My goal is to be able to play GB, GBC, GBA, DS, 3DS games on the same unit.

I want to install CFW and follow guides to save money on cards, but only if it involves a long first time setup and not a long process for each game.
I don't want to convert ROMs everytime I find a good game (CIAs are fine but I have no problem spending money for convenience).
I have no problem to buy any card necessary for that.

What's the best setup for me?
Get an ntrboot compatible flashcard and follow https://3ds.guide/ntrboot. There's a list of compatible cards on that page.

hguy89

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
You can install 3ds games virtual console injects of older games directly to the 3ds home menu and ds games on the flashcard.
Cool. This means that those Stargate & Sky3DS cards are pretty redundant? I wasn't sure this solution will allow me to play games from all generations. Thank you for your help!

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Cool. This means that those Stargate & Sky3DS cards are pretty redundant? I wasn't sure this solution will allow me to play games from all generations. Thank you for your help!
Yes. They are only used for 3ds games and because you can install them with cfw, they're useless.

Reactions: hguy89

choupette

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Hi, I dont't want to read the 2241 pages ^^', so I'll describe a context and then ask what is the best flashcard for this context.

I used to have a flashcard back in the gba days, I didn't own one for my nds, but now, I'm thinking about buying one for my 3ds.
Basically, I want my console so stay vanilla (no cfw), I want to just move files over to a sd card. Basically: I want it to be simple and I don't want to have to replace any nintendo software at all.

is it possible ? and if yes, what's the best flashcard for this use case ?

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hi, I dont't want to read the 2241 pages ^^', so I'll describe a context and then ask what is the best flashcard for this context.

I used to have a flashcard back in the gba days, I didn't own one for my nds, but now, I'm thinking about buying one for my 3ds.
Basically, I want my console so stay vanilla (no cfw), I want to just move files over to a sd card. Basically: I want it to be simple and I don't want to have to replace any nintendo software at all.

is it possible ? and if yes, what's the best flashcard for this use case ?
Technically possible, but those flashcards cost ~80$ and give you less features and flexibility than installing cfw and cfw has no downsides (unless your 3ds is still under warranty). What firmware are you on?

choupette

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Technically possible, but those flashcards cost ~80$ and give you less features and flexibility than installing cfw and cfw has no downsides (unless your 3ds is still under warranty). What firmware are you on?

oh wow, I don't know that, and my 3ds is at home. probably the latest.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries