Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whats the difference between the following game versions:

fire emblem fates

Fire emblem fates conquest

fire emblem fates birthright.

I am aware (if im not mistaken) that conq and birthright is a different storyline in the start. But what exactly is "fates"then?
They're just different games, not versions. Versions would be like 1.1, 1.2, rev0 or rev1.

tunikovski

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello everbody, recently i unlocked my 2 N3DSXL, one is US version and other is JP, and i have tried to play local multiplayer, with games same region, but only New super mario bros and Zelda Triforce i can running, i tried to Mario kart but doens't work...and mario party with download play and also, he can't find my another 3ds, exist any configuration to do about it? when i unlocked the 3ds he becomes a free region? thanks!

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hello everbody, recently i unlocked my 2 N3DSXL, one is US version and other is JP, and i have tried to play local multiplayer, with games same region, but only New super mario bros and Zelda Triforce i can running, i tried to Mario kart but doens't work...and mario party with download play and also, he can't find my another 3ds, exist any configuration to do about it? when i unlocked the 3ds he becomes a free region? thanks!
The games need to be the same region

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

Xe-rom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Try renaming your Nintendo 3DS folder and see if it boots. If it does, put it back and follow the deleting home menu extdata section of https://3ds.guide/troubleshooting

If it doesn't help, try the Lazarus script. You'll need a working console to get the donor files, or maybe someone can upload them for you. https://github.com/AnalogMan151/Lazarus3DS/

I will try the Lazerus script since I have another system I can use. I'll report back soon.
One more thing, are doner files model specific like New and Old3DS and will work regardless or are they system specific? (say i got N3DS files and I want to do it on my O3DSXL) (should note that it's a dummy question. I'm just paranoid)
Question above seems to be answered for me on github page so ignore if you wish
Uhh, sorry, How am i suppose to get the doner files on the system? (or if possible, someone can send them to me by pm)

Last edited by Xe-rom,

Kuresu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi Guys.

I'm on to the next step in updating my N3DS XL, but i'm encountering an error i don't know how to bypass.

I'm at this part of the guide.
https://3ds.guide/installing-boot9strap-(homebrew-launcher)#section-iii---configuring-luma3ds

I did the key combo to install Luma3ds, and by all accounts, i don't remember getting an error, i picked the correct setting and pressed start to save and reboot.

But when it restarted, i got the following error screen.

When i press L while booting, i still get into my old ReiNAND/emuNAND, but when i started the process, i made sure to change the theme, so that at every boot, it would start at SysNAND and not EmuNAND.

Anyone know what the error refers to an a possible fix?

Also, i copied all the right files, i double checked!

EDIT:

So i tried my way and follows this part of the guide.
https://3ds.guide/move-emunand

Now whenever i boot, it just goes straight into what was my old EmuNAND.
When i press L while booting, it still just goes into the old emunand boot.

Is my EmuNAND now my sysNAND?

And can i continue with this part of the guide to do the luma update?
https://3ds.guide/finalizing-setup

Also, my sysnand was 9.2.0.20E and the emunand is 11.2.0-35E, but now when booting normally to what i assume is a merger between my sys and emunand, the new sysnand is 11.2.0-35E.
Is this standard practice?

Attachments

• 23318541_487889311588717_970937564_n.jpg
    23318541_487889311588717_970937564_n.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 122
Last edited by Kuresu,

ivonov2002

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Why won't freeshop work on 3DS systems that have been hacked via NH2 or related methods("related" includes soundhax, Menuhax, basehax and OOT3Dhax) at all?

because freeshop is only in .cia. you need to have cfw to install it. the homebrew hack can only run .3dx files. (i think)

xurion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello !

I'm trying to hack a New 3DS XL in fw 11.6.0.
I got OOThax working, I can access the homebrew launcher without issues. I was doing the 3ds.guide thing with udsploit but turns out it's not compatible for 11.3+ if i understand correctly.

So what can I do with OOThax now? Can I launch Luma or anything else that would allow me to run backups?

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello !

I'm trying to hack a New 3DS XL in fw 11.6.0.
I got OOThax working, I can access the homebrew launcher without issues. I was doing the 3ds.guide thing with udsploit but turns out it's not compatible for 11.3+ if i understand correctly.

So what can I do with OOThax now? Can I launch Luma or anything else that would allow me to run backups?

OOThax is userland. Using it, you will not be able to install a CFW. You will need to find a program that runs backups and works in the homebrew launcher, which I'm not sure exists. You're better off dumping your Gamecarts or downloading from freeShop, which both require a CFW & boot9strap, which cannot be done with OOThax on 11.6.0.

xurion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for your answer!

So basically OOThax is useless, I need to use ntrboot or dsiwarehax thing anyway, which I can't :(
Guess I won't hack this baby!

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your answer!

So basically OOThax is useless, I need to use ntrboot or dsiwarehax thing anyway, which I can't :(
Well, if you can find a backup runner that supports the homebrew launcher, it might work, but I'm not sure if people make those since dumping and installing CIA's or downloading them from the freeShop is easier.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thanks for your answer!

You can also send you're 3DS to someone to get a hardmod done, although unless (like me) you really want to hack your 3DS it's probably not gonna be worth the $40.

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hi Guys.

I'm on to the next step in updating my N3DS XL, but i'm encountering an error i don't know how to bypass.

I'm at this part of the guide.
https://3ds.guide/installing-boot9strap-(homebrew-launcher)#section-iii---configuring-luma3ds

I did the key combo to install Luma3ds, and by all accounts, i don't remember getting an error, i picked the correct setting and pressed start to save and reboot.

But when it restarted, i got the following error screen.

When i press L while booting, i still get into my old ReiNAND/emuNAND, but when i started the process, i made sure to change the theme, so that at every boot, it would start at SysNAND and not EmuNAND.

Anyone know what the error refers to an a possible fix?

Also, i copied all the right files, i double checked!

EDIT:

So i tried my way and follows this part of the guide.
https://3ds.guide/move-emunand

Now whenever i boot, it just goes straight into what was my old EmuNAND.
When i press L while booting, it still just goes into the old emunand boot.

Is my EmuNAND now my sysNAND?

And can i continue with this part of the guide to do the luma update?
https://3ds.guide/finalizing-setup

Also, my sysnand was 9.2.0.20E and the emunand is 11.2.0-35E, but now when booting normally to what i assume is a merger between my sys and emunand, the new sysnand is 11.2.0-35E.
Is this standard practice?
Yes. Your emunand was moved to sysnand. Your emunand should have been removed at section VIII of the move emunand part. If you didn't yet, backup all the files on your sd and do it. Then you can continue finalizing setup

Reactions: Kuresu

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Last edited by Uumas,

Kuresu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Yes. Your emunand was moved to sysnand. Your emunand should have been removed at section VIII of the move emunand part. If you didn't yet, backup all the files on your sd and do it. Then you can continue finalizing setup

Yea, thats what i figured, and went ahead and did the final part of the guide.

Only thing thats still confusing me are 3 things now.

1. Not sure what its used for, but whenever i try to boot by pressing L + Down + Select to get to some Luma bootmode, it doesn't work.
Screen just stays black until i force shutdown.

2. Other confusing part is if i should update my sysnand to latest nintendo firmware or just leave it at 11.5.0-38-E?

3. When i boot without the SD card in the Handheld, it boots up to what i assume is the regular sysnand, and with SD card in, it boots into emunand?
They aren't fused after all? or?

Last edited by Kuresu,

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Yea, thats what i figured, and went ahead and did the final part of the guide.

Only thing thats still confusing me are 3 things now.

1. Not sure what its used for, but whenever i try to boot by pressing L + Down + Select to get to some Luma bootmode, it doesn't work.
Screen just stays black until i force shutdown.

2. Other confusing part is if i should update my sysnand to latest nintendo firmware or just leave it at 11.5.0-38-E?

3. When i boot without the SD card in the Handheld, it boots up to what i assume is the regular sysnand, and with SD card in, it boots into emunand?
They aren't fused after all? or?

1. That combination is for Rosalina menu when it's already booted. For luma settings hold select and for GodMode9 hold start.

2. You can update. There's nothing to lose.

3. Did you format your sd card? You can test by creating an empty folder with the sd card in, then checking if it exists when you take it out.

Reactions: Kuresu

Kuresu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hey Uumas, thanks for your continued help!

I just tested with the folder, i created it with the SD in, and when i shut down my 3ds, removed the sd and rebooted, the folder was still there. But everyting else of CIAS installations are gone.

What does this mean?

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hey Uumas, thanks for your continued help!

I just tested with the folder, i created it with the SD in, and when i shut down my 3ds, removed the sd and rebooted, the folder was still there. But everyting else of CIAS installations are gone.

What does this mean?
The games are installed on sd. The 3ds has very limited internal memory

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: nuh uh +1